ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will the offense match production of years past?
Yes, Mahomes will have quality at every spot, and shred defenses this season. 84 91.30%
No, Tyreek was too good, too explosive to replace. 7 7.61%
Mahomes will struggle with a new corps, middle of the pack, struggle to make playoffs. 2 2.17%
Mahones is a street ball flash in the pan gimmick qb that just lost the fastest kid on the block. Won't sniff the playoffs. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Poll: How will Patrick Mahomes and the new receiving corps compare to previous years?
Wallcrawler 09:20 AM 08-18-2022
I have had a stance from the outset that the loss of Tyreek Hill was addition by subtraction. It is my personal opinion, based on things I've seen and heard, that Mahomes was affected in his performances by always looking for Hill first. Whether that be because Hill was in his ear bitching for the ball, or Mahomes just wanting that kill shot over death by papercut, and passing up open guys.

In a small sample of Mahomes in pre season, we saw him go 6/7 for 70 and a td, all completions to different receivers, and only MVS was targeted twice. This is without Juju even getting a catch.

I think this years offense will be the most dangerous. There isn't a blueprint anymore. You can't just say play shell, double Hill and force Mahomes to throw to trash like D-ROP.

Mahomes won't have as strong of a need/want to hold out for a huge play when a wide open 15 is right there with Hill gone. His progressions will improve, and if an Andy Reid offense is running on all cylinders, with quality talent at every receiving spot, I just don't see how that's going to do less numbers than Hill, Kelce and trash behind them.

We will still be top 3 in scoring, and likely fielding a much better defensive unit. We will win the west, home playoff game, and play for a 5th straight AFC title.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:29 AM 08-18-2022
#1 KC Chiefs Football!!!
[Reply]
KC Hawks 09:33 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
#1 KC Chiefs Football!!!
I freaking knew you would say that!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:34 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
#1 KC Chiefs Football!!!
Okay now this
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:36 AM 08-18-2022
People seem to forget we were more dangerous with Sammy Watkins was on the other side of Hill.

The fact our WR corp is at least 3 deep is a huge improvement. Now if a certain RB named (I-10, cause he goes coast to coast) turns out... We are going to average 35ppg.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:37 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I freaking knew you would say that!!!
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Okay now this
G'mornin'!!
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:39 AM 08-18-2022
Betting against Mahomes and Reid is a fool's errand.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:40 AM 08-18-2022
Extremely efficient.

The two headed monster was figured out, and it was time to revamp.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 08-18-2022
What about "Mahomes won't have quality at every spot, but will shred defenses anyway"
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 08-18-2022
Was having Hill and Kelce great? Of course.

But it also allowed defenses to gameplan for both of them. And it became even easier when one of them was out.

You could say that now we don't have a group that you have to gameplan for. In fact....you can't. Sure you could take away Kelce but now we have Juju and Moore that can get some of that short to immediate work. MVS can still take the top off of a defense. Moore and Hardman are going to be dangerous on end arounds or screens.

And the best thing of all? I think having a group this deep extends Kelces career. When you have to account for EVERYONE on the field....you can't beat the shit out of Kelce and double him every play.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Was having Hill and Kelce great? Of course.

But it also allowed defenses to gameplan for both of them. And it became even easier when one of them was out.

You could say that now we don't have a group that you have to gameplan for. In fact....you can't. Sure you could take away Kelce but now we have Juju and Moore that can get some of that short to immediate work. MVS can still take the top off of a defense. Moore and Hardman are going to be dangerous on end arounds or screens.

And the best thing of all? I think having a group this deep extends Kelces career. When you have to account for EVERYONE on the field....you can't beat the shit out of Kelce and double him every play.
I think we all hope this is the case.

But could one make a case that it's Kelce and then a bunch of guys that could be good but we don't really know yets?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think we all hope this is the case.

But could one make a case that it's Kelce and then a bunch of guys that could be good but we don't really know yets?
That's every team short of like maybe 3-4 of them.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:51 AM 08-18-2022
IMO the running game is the key. Get that at least decent and you could run out a field of Pringles and no one could stop it.
[Reply]
mabbott 09:54 AM 08-18-2022
My concern with our depth at receiver in past years was they didn't catch the ball when they needed to. I feel that we have added receivers that catch the ball better. Granted we lost Hill who added an element to the game that teams had to plan for; however, we didn't all of a sudden become a slow receiving corps. We still have burners and now we have multiple receivers that should lead to defenses being honest.

If Mahomes spreads the ball around like he did in the first preseason game it will keep people from focusing on Kelce. When Kelce roams around he makes big things happen. I am waiting to see a deep ball in a game to see if the effectiveness of the short routes will open up the deep ball again.

It is an exciting time! We have one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL and he now has options!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 08-18-2022
None of the above.

They'll be good in a different way. I don't think I see the "We're going back to the explosive offense of 2018!!" thing happening. But I don't see teams being able to dictate terms given the added depth.

But I'm also someone that thinks Pringle was better than people will acknowledge so I'm not completely on board with the 'it was Kelce, Hill and Rags!' thing.

We replaced Hill, Pringle and D-Rob with JuJu, MVS and Moore. I don't think the latter is a better trio unless Moore really does explode into a 900+ yard guy. I think they all have a specialty, which is different than what we've had in the past. But I also don't think any of them are likely standout weapons.

I just think we'll be different but still very good.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up