ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A legal question for the board
Titty Meat 08:11 PM 08-16-2022
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to fuck off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.

In the next few hours I'm told by another neighbor that he got up on her deck which is on the 3rd level and wouldn't go away. Cops never went up there instead just drove around. Another girl told us that same guy tried to follow her home a few weeks ago.

What are my legal rights here if the cops won't do anything but this guy continues to hang around and harass people? I'm not afraid of him myself but I do fear this could possibly end up bad for one of the female neighbors.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:36 AM 08-17-2022
Hire Bigfoot as security.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:43 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
A gun may scare him off now, but he'll be seeing dollar signs later. Easiest thing to sell ever invented
This is the truth. I know a bunch of lawyers and if there is one thing I've learned it's this: never screw around with people who have nothing to lose. Yes, you going outside and acting like you're Rambo may scare him off. Or it may just piss him off thinking you are some rich dude with a bunch of guns and now he's going to prove he's tougher than you. I'd certainly keep watch and install some cameras if I didn't have any, but I'd advise against being confrontational unless there is no other option. This is just like road rage, you never know what the other person you are going to confront is capable of until push comes to shove.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:15 AM 08-17-2022
Bill have you considered moving out of the hood?
[Reply]
tooge 07:17 AM 08-17-2022
He's clearly on CP and was looking for a BJ
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:18 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
get on there and start a post tagged in your neighborhood

has to start somewhere, might as well be with you
For sure, this - the best way to get to the bottom of anything is to cast a post out to 1000's of Karens.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:28 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
For sure, this - the best way to get to the bottom of anything is to cast a post out to 1000's of Karens.
Hey yu
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:31 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by tooge:
He's clearly on CP and was looking for a BJ
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 07:39 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
This is actually a great idea. Why waste all this mental energy on this guy? Get the Karens riled up and they'll take care of this without you having to do anything more.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:50 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Unpopular opinion anywhere on the interweb. And probably just a waste of my time here

Short version; Johnny’s points 1 and 4 are wrong. Bad advise. 2 is correct. 3 is correct if you actually committed a crime. But could also get you more charges, like interfering with an investigation etc

On to the OP, /douch/ hit the nail on the head, you left important info out. You said he went to the third story balcony and wouldn’t leave. Then when asked about that missing info you said she called the cops and all they did was drive around the block. So the trespasser is still on the balcony? No he probably has left before the cops showed up. That’s why they drove around the block looking for the trespasser.

Trespassing is a misdemeanor. Any advice on this board about beating or shooting a trespasser is terrible advice. If he threatens you, and you legit fear for your safety you will be able to defend yourself.

If the trespasser keeps coming back. Keep calling the police. Watch the trespasser while waiting for them to respond. Tell them where he is, Once he’s identified and given a trespass warning by the police he can be arrested easily the next time he comes back.

It’s part of a process. Slow? Sure. Frustrating? Absolutely! For you, your neighbors and the police. But stick to the process. The police can’t come in and arrest him for any of your possible feared outcomes.

Take a breath and control what you can control. Maybe stop watching crime drama TV.

CSI has ruined police-civilian expectations
Being a LEO how often do you see things like this escalate? Usually the transients keep to themselves. This is the first that I've seen anyway that comes onto people's property
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:50 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
This is the truth. I know a bunch of lawyers and if there is one thing I've learned it's this: never screw around with people who have nothing to lose. Yes, you going outside and acting like you're Rambo may scare him off. Or it may just piss him off thinking you are some rich dude with a bunch of guns and now he's going to prove he's tougher than you. I'd certainly keep watch and install some cameras if I didn't have any, but I'd advise against being confrontational unless there is no other option. This is just like road rage, you never know what the other person you are going to confront is capable of until push comes to shove.
You have every right to tell someone in very clear terms to leave your property. They don't have any right to attack you over it.
This non confrontational approach to asserting your rights as the property owner is dumb. Maybe in suburbia the police show within minutes to handle the shit you should have in the first place. Like telling someone to leave your property because it might make you afraid and feel a little anxiety. But response times even in inner cities can be a pain in the ass, with even a lot of calls never being responded to as either the caller doesn't want to be contacted or the when law enforcement drove by saw nothing amiss. Rural areas have the same response time issues. In some cases even worse.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
This is actually a great idea. Why waste all this mental energy on this guy? Get the Karens riled up and they'll take care of this without you having to do anything more.
Be careful when unleashing The Karen. It's difficult to direct it's power.
[Reply]
notorious 07:53 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
You have every right to tell someone in very clear terms to leave your property. They don't have any right to attack you over it.
This non confrontational approach to asserting your rights as the property owner is dumb. Maybe in suburbia the police show within minutes to handle the shit you should have in the first place. Like telling someone to leave your property because it might make you afraid and feel a little anxiety. But response times even in inner cities can be a pain in the ass, with even a lot of calls never being responded to as either the caller doesn't want to be contacted or the when law enforcement drove by saw nothing amiss. Rural areas have the same response time issues. In some cases even worse.
The guy clearly doesn't give a shit. He climbed onto a 3rd floor balcony.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:53 AM 08-17-2022
If you see him again ask him if he's a :-)CHIEFS fan. If he says yes invite him over to watch a game
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:54 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
The guy clearly doesn't give a shit. He climbed onto a 3rd floor balcony.
He's trying to steal anything he can.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:58 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Hire Bigfoot as security.
Won't work. Harry is a vegan and wanders off site too much.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up