ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A legal question for the board
Titty Meat 08:11 PM 08-16-2022
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to fuck off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.

In the next few hours I'm told by another neighbor that he got up on her deck which is on the 3rd level and wouldn't go away. Cops never went up there instead just drove around. Another girl told us that same guy tried to follow her home a few weeks ago.

What are my legal rights here if the cops won't do anything but this guy continues to hang around and harass people? I'm not afraid of him myself but I do fear this could possibly end up bad for one of the female neighbors.
[Reply]
threebag 09:20 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Always keep an unregistered gun in your home so you can claim that you wrestled it away from the guy and shot him in self-defense.
Yep, always have a throw away handy
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:21 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Pocket air horn, I’ve used it twice, they both hauled ass. One was a bum in my daughters yard and the other was a drunk who decided I was a Uber. Plus I don’t have to worry about legalities. Super easy to carry.
Please post more about your daughter’s bum
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:22 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Ask Clay who he called to get on the news. That should solve your issues
actually if he gets on nextdoor his local community will take care of the problem

don't think billay has access to that resource though
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:22 PM 08-16-2022
Please post more about your daughter’s bum
Ok, that made me laugh.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:23 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
actually if he gets on nextdoor his local community will take care of the problem

I don’t think they have NextDoor in the ghetto
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:24 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

The app? I do but hardly on usually its people in Mission asking what that loud noise was
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:24 PM 08-16-2022
Let me guess he wasn't wearing a mask?
[Reply]
Reroka 09:27 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to **** off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.

In the next few hours I'm told by another neighbor that he got up on her deck which is on the 3rd level and wouldn't go away. Cops never went up there instead just drove around. Another girl told us that same guy tried to follow her home a few weeks ago.

What are my legal rights here if the cops won't do anything but this guy continues to hang around and harass people? I'm not afraid of him myself but I do fear this could possibly end up bad for one of the female neighbors.
Tell him you are armed and show you are armed and he needs to move on. Then call the cops again.

When I say show him you are armed, please keep it in a holster unless it’s needed to be pulled.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:29 PM 08-16-2022
Buy a 700.00 drone to monitor your apartment complex at all times
[Reply]
Reroka 09:35 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by threebag:
Yep, always have a throw away handy
Please do not do this. Please, all I ask is do not do this. Some states that will get you serious time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 PM 08-16-2022
The app? I do but hardly on usually its people in Mission asking what that loud noise was
get on there and start a post tagged in your neighborhood

has to start somewhere, might as well be with you
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:36 PM 08-16-2022
Wouldn’t have this kind of crime if you moved to Waldo
[Reply]
Reroka 09:37 PM 08-16-2022
Buy a 700.00 drone to monitor your apartment complex at all times

Or maybe spend less than half and put nest outside cameras up in plain sit. Think a set of 3 is 200.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:40 PM 08-16-2022
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to **** off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.

Sequence of events is a little confusing. Feels like from the POV of the cops when they arrived you told them he was no longer there so why would they have gone and looked on the balcony?

If while they were there they had an indication and he did more be in the area and was actively climbing the building there may have been more for them.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the post though. Did the police get word from you or those other people at any point about the escalation on the higher floor?
[Reply]
Reroka 09:45 PM 08-16-2022
Man this is why I live in the country. When this shit happens I open the door with my pistol or shotgun. And depending on far I see them coming I pull my Winchester lever action.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up