ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A legal question for the board
Titty Meat 08:11 PM 08-16-2022
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to fuck off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.

In the next few hours I'm told by another neighbor that he got up on her deck which is on the 3rd level and wouldn't go away. Cops never went up there instead just drove around. Another girl told us that same guy tried to follow her home a few weeks ago.

What are my legal rights here if the cops won't do anything but this guy continues to hang around and harass people? I'm not afraid of him myself but I do fear this could possibly end up bad for one of the female neighbors.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:25 PM 08-16-2022
A few months back I notice a guy coming up on my front porch and then lay down face down on it. I was not going to waste any time dealing with this guy was not going to open the front door and allow him any easy entrance. So I went out the back door and picked up the spade I was using earlier and then out the back fence. Go around to the front of the house and here this motherfucker sits face down on my porch. I say to him what the fuck are you doing. He doesn't move. I say it again. Doesn't move. I tell him then I will cut you in motherfucking half with this spade. He looks up and damn near ran into my truck getting off the property. Haven't seen him since and likely won't.

Don't let any one fuck around on your property. Make your terms clear to them that they will feel pain. They will just come back if they don't get the don't fuck around point.

Have another guy in the neighborhood that I like to call, "Talks to trees". He don't talk to my trees any more.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:25 PM 08-16-2022
Homeless crackheads aren’t real people. If it makes you feel better pretend he’s a possum or something while you crack his skull with the tire iron.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 08:32 PM 08-16-2022
1. Cops have no legal duty to protect you, so you can't sue them and force them to take action. Further, if something happens to you, you can't seek a monetary award for professional neglect.

2. Second, use of force against a trespasser is a privilege that you only obtain if you have a reasonable fear that he is about to cause you great bodily harm. (A legal privilege is something that would normally be a crime but is allowed under the circumstances. It's what is called an "affirmative defense" in that you admit to the elements of a criminal act but plead an exception that allows it under the circumstances).

Him invading your home can create a presumption of threat in many jurisdictions. However, you can only use deadly force against a threat so long as they are creating a reasonable belief that they might harm you. For example, if they turn and run away, you can't pursue them and beat them with a bat, even if they grab some of your stuff.

3. If you do decide to do something to him, and the cops come DO NOT TALK TO THEM AT ALL. ONLY GIVE YOUR NAME AND IDENTITY and say "I WANT TO SPEAK TO A LAWYER" as the only response to any questions. Plus, you should only identify yourself if they place you under arrest. Until you are under arrest, you have no duty to identify yourself (unless you're in a traffic stop, because you are required to show an ID if you are driving a car. Note passengers DO NOT have to identify themselves.)

MAKE NO STATEMENTS without legal counsel. Not even about where you were, what you were thinking, why you did what you did....NOTHING. Repeat over and over, "I WANT A LAWYER, I WANT A LAWYER, I WANT A LAWYER."

4. Statements to police can only harm and cannot help your case. This truism is actually baked into the rules of evidence, in that a police report is actually hearsay evidence and thus, inadmissable in most situations. However, if you admit to some fact that harms your case, it becomes the hearsay exception known as "admission against interest."
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:32 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah they’re not going to do anything until he commits a real crime aside from loitering. Just bust his legs up with a tire iron and tell him you’ll paint your patio with his brains if you ever see him around here again.

And if he’s a homeless black dude he’s not going to the cops. Threaten him or give him a light beating and you’ll all feel better and one of the chicks might suck your dick for being apartment hero.
Climbing your way up to a third floor balcony sounds like a bit more than just loitering.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:33 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I wasn't going to shoot him but I'd be lying if the though of taking the Louisville slugger didn't cross my mind. He's not worth going to jail over but I was curious what constitutes as legal defense I tried to look it up on Google. This seems way more than just a homeless man trying to find shelter especially with how he's acted towards women. The gal behind me is understandably terrified and it's rather frustrating the police just kind of stand by
Take her to a Gun Shop and let her blow a hole in this dude.
[Reply]
notorious 08:34 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:

MAKE NO STATEMENTS without legal counsel. Not even about where you were, what you were thinking, why you did what you did....NOTHING. Repeat over and over, "I WANT A LAWYER, I WANT A LAWYER, I WANT A LAWYER."

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:34 PM 08-16-2022
Whatever makes the loudest, longest amount of noise
[Reply]
threebag 08:36 PM 08-16-2022
I wasn't going to shoot him but I'd be lying if the though of taking the Louisville slugger didn't cross my mind. He's not worth going to jail over but I was curious what constitutes as legal defense I tried to look it up on Google. This seems way more than just a homeless man trying to find shelter especially with how he's acted towards women. The gal behind me is understandably terrified and it's rather frustrating the police just kind of stand by
You’re fucked and anything you do is now premeditated.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:53 PM 08-16-2022
24 posts in and no one has said anything about the George Brett statue. This place is falling apart.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:06 PM 08-16-2022
Always keep an unregistered gun in your home so you can claim that you wrestled it away from the guy and shot him in self-defense.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:07 PM 08-16-2022
the best thing to do is let yourself get raped then collect a sperm sample and sue. or maybe get on some kind of talk show .
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:11 PM 08-16-2022
Around 10am this morning while I was working from home I had my screen open to my patio. I hear someone say "yo yo yo" they were really close to my patio. So I go to check it out and it's this random black guy he starts talking to me like he knows me and asks if I can let him into the building. I tell him to **** off and close my patio off and lock it. I call the cops by the time they get here he's already gone and the cops just shrug and tell me he's probably a homeless guy looking for shelter.
Is that really relevant to the story?
[Reply]
scho63 09:14 PM 08-16-2022

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:17 PM 08-16-2022
Ask Clay who he called to get on the news. That should solve your issues
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:17 PM 08-16-2022
Pocket air horn, I’ve used it twice, they both hauled ass. One was a bum in my daughters yard and the other was a drunk who decided I was a Uber. Plus I don’t have to worry about legalities. Super easy to carry.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up