ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 125
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:10 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
the fight doctor
I waited 8 fucking pages for someone to finally make a Ferdie Pacheco reference, these kids these days don't know SHIT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:43 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I admittedly know little about this kid.

but watching the first highlight video Dante posted above, you can literally watch him do exactly that. You can also watch him catch passes, juke a guy out of his shoes, and run for 6-and you can watch him do it more than once.

Now, will that translate to the NFL? Who knows. You can only play the guys in front of you. But at 215 lbs. with 4.37 speed?

Remember that Veach said there would be starting RB's in the 7th round. I don't think he takes one if he sees Knile Davis.

Just saying.
For what it's worth, the Times Ours guys, Seth in particular (who is pretty much the Staylor of podcasters; finds the most positive way to view pretty much everything the Chiefs do) also compared him to Knile Davis.

It's really a hard comparison to avoid. They're EXTREMELY similar guys. And Davis would've had a solid career had he developed his vision even a little bit over time. He didn't.

Perhaps Pacheco can.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:48 AM 05-05-2022
Clyde isn't getting a second contract.
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 05-05-2022
Knile Davis was a fine RB prospect that just needed a slight bit of vision. He'd have been fine had that happened, would have been a good player.

This is what you do with RB's though.

Not draft them in the first roun.........fuck nevermind.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why would that ever have even been a thought?

He's literally a fungible player at a fungible position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:55 AM 05-05-2022
Who thought Clyde was getting a 2nd deal?

Even his fans saw him as a guy who maybe gets his 5th year option picked up and then dumped. I think we all will acknowledge that even the 5th year option is unlikely to be picked up at this point.

Frankly that was the biggest source of contention with the pick. It's where I was as well. It wasn't the player - it was the process. You just don't take 1st round RBs because there's no reasonable avenue to giving them a new deal. If they're great, you don't want to pay that much for them. If they suck, they suck. If they're average, they're replaceable.

There was never any ceiling to the pick whatsoever. He was never going to get a 2nd deal on a team that is carrying a full-sized QB contract and is willing to invest in its OL.

Pacheco does nothing to move the needle on that front at all.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:58 AM 05-05-2022

Who said he was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 08:11 AM 05-05-2022
If you draft well I don’t think you should ever have to give an RB a second deal I don’t care how good he is .
[Reply]
Hoover 08:18 AM 05-05-2022
I'd never give a RB a second contract, I don't care who they are. They are basically disposable.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:15 PM 05-05-2022
I wonder if the league has swung too much the other way on RBs. The Chiefs might have 2 more Super Bowl wins with Kareem Hunt. Or if Clyde would have turned out to be a top 5 or even top 10 RB maybe they win last year.

It doesn't matter if Hunt's and Williams' stats were similar. Hunt put fear into opposing differences that only a few RBs can. That makes a huge difference in stacking the box, and defensive mindset. Any time you can strike fear into opposing defenders, it changes things in ways that don't always show up on the stat sheet (see Mahomes, Hill, Kelce).

I just don't buy that RBs are interchangeable. There are RBs in the league who absolutely make a difference. And it's not that easy to nab one.

I think Clyde at 32 was absolutely worth it, if he had turned out to be what Taylor is.

I also wonder if giving a top RB a second contract for $8-10m/year might be worth it for the Chiefs. If they can get one and he's still young and not too beat up.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:41 PM 05-05-2022

You don't know that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
You don't know that.
It's not smart to give a RB a second contract, especially one that isn't very good.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I wonder if the league has swung too much the other way on RBs. The Chiefs might have 2 more Super Bowl wins with Kareem Hunt. Or if Clyde would have turned out to be a top 5 or even top 10 RB maybe they win last year.

It doesn't matter if Hunt's and Williams' stats were similar. Hunt put fear into opposing differences that only a few RBs can. That makes a huge difference in stacking the box, and defensive mindset. Any time you can strike fear into opposing defenders, it changes things in ways that don't always show up on the stat sheet (see Mahomes, Hill, Kelce).

I just don't buy that RBs are interchangeable. There are RBs in the league who absolutely make a difference. And it's not that easy to nab one.

I think Clyde at 32 was absolutely worth it, if he had turned out to be what Taylor is.

I also wonder if giving a top RB a second contract for $8-10m/year might be worth it for the Chiefs. If they can get one and he's still young and not too beat up.
The difference in an elite Rb and a simply good rb isn't worth the investment and every year there are RB's from the 4th round to UDFA that come in and are successful.

It's just not worth the investment.

And no, in no scenario was Clyde "worth it" at 32.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:58 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Can't predict injuries that's the only reason Clyde isn't considered a top 5 running back but he damn near got OROTY before he had an awkward tackle that he did the splits. He also had gallbladder surgery in the offseason and he admitted not having a good camp because he lost weight. So he should have been held out a few games to get game ready. All he has to do is lose his injury prone moniker and he will be one hell of a good running back. His rookie year in 13 games had 803 yards rushing and 297 receiving. He would have broke 1000 yards rushing his rookie season had he not got hurt.

He didn't have a good year at least the start of last year and he had a 300+ lineman fall on him i think that was an injury and he had another injury but he came back strong in the playoffs. In the playoffs against Buffalo he avg 8.6 yards a carry 60 yards on 7 rush and against Cinci one half of play 6 carries 36 yards 6 yard avg and sure I know they had deep coverage but he is still a baller and I think he is going prove himself this year but he is going split the load with Ronald Jones and they will work Isaih Pacheco in there. If Clyde can stay healthy I think he can prove himself.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:07 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not smart to give a RB a second contract, especially one that isn't very good.

I think he is going prove you and other haters wrong that he isn't very good.

Give him this season to see what he does. Big thing staying healthy, sure call him injury prone. You are right about not giving RB a second contract but I wouldn't be surprised if Chiefs do if he is indeed productive and can stay healthy and price is right. I can see Isaih Pacheco taking a lot of snaps but I predict a good season out of CEH I just hope he can stay healthy to prove himself. He needs to stay healthy to lose the injury moniker on him.

Last year was not a great year because he lost weight after gallbladder surgery so he lost weight and wasn't in football shape but if he bounces back then he is going get a lot of carries and be apart of the passing game. Doubt all you want.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 125
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up