ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 348 of 469
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358398448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:15 AM 08-19-2022
Worst farm system in the bigs. Fire skunkhead
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I fervently hope he is wrong, and as a result will be rooting for the current swoon to continue. Another 10+ game losing streak would be helpful.

Yeah, you can chalk some of it up to graduations. But they also have again made big investments in pitching prospects and are not seeing dramatic initial results from those.

The Royals' focus on defense, speed, athleticism, and personal character* puts them in specific boxes on prospects.

*some will quibble with this, but it is clearly a factor in the draft process. Maybe not THE factor, but I'm pretty sure a player who shares my beliefs re: religion who told the Royals' front office about them would be taken off their draft board.

The way the Indians do things is impressive, specifically their pitcher development. I don't think their hitting development is anything special (and may even be a little below average), but if I'm Sherman and I'm re-shuffling in the front office, I'm looking to poach someone from that system and put them in charge over here.
Do you think if you said you were non religious you'd be taken off or would you have to say atheist?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you think if you said you were non religious you'd be taken off or would you have to say atheist?
Oh, I think if you indicate that faith is not a big part of your life (whether stated explicitly by you or not) it's a mark against you.

If it were someone with my views on religion/Christianity and they spoke them directly to him, our friendly neighborhood Pres of Baseball Ops might call for an exorcist or something.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Oh, I think if you indicate that faith is not a big part of your life (whether stated explicitly by you or not) it's a mark against you.

If it were someone with my views on religion/Christianity and they spoke them directly to him, our friendly neighborhood Pres of Baseball Ops might call for an exorcist or something.
Well that's me too but I was curious on how deep you thought it went.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:23 PM 08-19-2022
The people pushing the Royals Christianity thesis are the most anti-religious. It’s a direct line. They think they can cloak it under the guise it’s just baseball talk, but it shouldn’t fool anyone.

The Royals lose because they’re incompetent. “Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”
[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The people pushing the Royals Christianity thesis are the most anti-religious. It’s a direct line. They think they can cloak it under the guise it’s just baseball talk, but it shouldn’t fool anyone.

The Royals lose because they’re incompetent. “Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”
The Royals care about players religious beliefs which is a joke, they should care about talent level.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:37 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

The people pushing the Royals Christianity crap are actually the people in charge of this team.

Yes they are incompetent, but Dayton's need to run a good Christian organization definitely attributes to his incompetence.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:44 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The people pushing the Royals Christianity crap are actually the people in charge of this team.

Yes they are incompetent, but Dayton's need to run a good Christian organization definitely attributes to his incompetence.
You meant to say "contributes to his incompetence." I only point that out because it's quite the hypocritical stance to take, calling others incompetent, while completely and incompetently botching the saying you were looking for in the first place.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:51 PM 08-19-2022
MLB Prospect Watch: Ranking baseball's three best and three worst ongoing rebuilds

Bottom 3 rebuilds

3. Kansas City Royals
We're fans of Bobby Witt Jr. here, and both M.J. Melendez and Vinnie Pasquantino have shown promise since being promoted to the majors. (Nick Pratto could give the Royals another solid young bat in due time, too.) That said, where's the pitching? Recent top-10 picks like Asa Lacy and Frank Mozzicato have underwhelmed as professionals, continuing a troubling organizational trend that has seen them waste a lot of premium draft-pick capital on arms who they haven't been able to develop.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...oing-rebuilds/
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:36 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You meant to say "contributes to his incompetence." I only point that out because it's quite the hypocritical stance to take, calling others incompetent, while completely and incompetently botching the saying you were looking for in the first place.
Yes, meant contributes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:37 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
MLB Prospect Watch: Ranking baseball's three best and three worst ongoing rebuilds

Bottom 3 rebuilds

3. Kansas City Royals
We're fans of Bobby Witt Jr. here, and both M.J. Melendez and Vinnie Pasquantino have shown promise since being promoted to the majors. (Nick Pratto could give the Royals another solid young bat in due time, too.) That said, where's the pitching? Recent top-10 picks like Asa Lacy and Frank Mozzicato have underwhelmed as professionals, continuing a troubling organizational trend that has seen them waste a lot of premium draft-pick capital on arms who they haven't been able to develop.
I can promise you that national writers working for outfits like CBS sports don't know anything about the Royals system outside of the very most basic headline news about the organization. It's the same caliber of expert that is opining loudly and broadly that Mahomes and the Chiefs are gonna have a huge 2, 3 steps back because they lost Tyreek Hill. It's just lazy, very broad and lazy analysis. The Chiefs defense is screwed because they lost that huge star Tyrann Mathieu, too, they say.

Vinnie Pasquantino has shown a hell of a lot more than "promise". That line alone makes me disregard this fella's opinion. He doesn't know shit. None of the national sportswriting crew does.

"shows promise". **** out of here with that, as it pertains to VP.

If he had said Pasquantino has proven that his elite plate discipline really does translate to the majors, and he has gotten unlucky to date given his x-stats (x-stats are stats built on pitchfx data, built entirely on batted ball data such as launch angle and exit velocity), okay I would care about what this guy has to say. But he doesn't know any of that.

You think this guy spends as much time as we do, any of us that have posted more than 10 times in this Royals megathread, keeping tabs on the Royals and their minor league system? I disagree. I think this guy is a stooge. I doubt he even knows what city the AAA team plays in (Omaha) or what they are called (Storm Chasers). I really don't think he would know that.

I don't hold national sportswriters in the same high regard as you seem to.

WeR'e fAnS oF BobBy wItT, jR. hErE. The **** does that even mean anyway? Maybe BWJ is a bust. But he speaks in the collective. He says "we" are fans of his "here". Too pussy to even have a take as mild as BWJ is good without passing off attribution to his organization as a whole. [take note, dlphg, that's how you use attribution in a sentence]

This guys sucks, in other words, and I regard his opinions as highly as I regard the health benefits of re-using the same wad of toilet paper to wipe your bum with every day you poo.

Also, this uneducated "baseball writer" that probably covers football 10 times as much as baseball, regards Pratto very highly? Why? I actually think Pratto is a bust, because I don't think you can strike out over 35% of the time in the majors and become a star in other ways. Not a word on Pratto's plate discipline issues, that I do believe will and have sunk him. And not a word on VP's plate discipline at all. Just "VP has shown promise" and I read that they have a guy named Pratto that was high in the fangraphs top 100 so I'm gonna pretend I'm a big Royal expert and mention Pratto". Garbage.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:44 PM 08-19-2022
[QUOTE=Vladimir_Kyrilytch;16419342]

Bottom 3 rebuilds

3. Kansas City Royals

I can promise you that national writers working for outfits like CBS sports don't know anything about the Royals system outside of the very most basic headline news about the organization. It's the same caliber of expert that is opining loudly and broadly that Mahomes and the Chiefs are gonna have a huge 2, 3 steps back because they lost Tyreek Hill. It's just lazy, very broad and lazy analysis.

Vinnie Pasquantino has shown a hell of a lot more than "promise". That line alone makes me disregard this fella's opinion. He doesn't know shit. None of the national sportswriting crew does.

If he had said Pasquantino has proven that his elite plate discipline really does translate to the majors, and he has gotten unlucky to date given his x-stats (x-stats are stats built on pitchfx data, built entirely on batted ball data such as launch angle and exit velocity), okay I would care about what this guy has to say. But he doesn't know any of that.

You think this guy spends as much time as we do, any of us that have posted more than 10 times in this Royals megathread? I disagree. I think this guy is a stooge.

Nothing said is wrong, the Royals can't develop pitching to save their lives.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:48 PM 08-19-2022
[QUOTE=Vladimir_Kyrilytch;16419342]

Bottom 3 rebuilds

3. Kansas City Royals

I can promise you that national writers working for outfits like CBS sports don't know anything about the Royals system outside of the very most basic headline news about the organization. It's the same caliber of expert that is opining loudly and broadly that Mahomes and the Chiefs are gonna have a huge 2, 3 steps back because they lost Tyreek Hill. It's just lazy, very broad and lazy analysis.

You think this guy spends as much time as we do, any of us that have posted more than 10 times in this Royals megathread? I disagree. I think this guy is a stooge.

Huh? How could you possibly say any player has proven anything with less than 175 ABs? Saying that they show promise is 100% correct.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 08-19-2022
Also I think Dayton Moore should just hook up with Jack Easterby, they seem to be 2 of a kind.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:11 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also I think Dayton Moore should just hook up with Jack Easterby, they seem to be 2 of a kind.
I know we're all upset about the Royals being shitty but this comment is dumb. DM took a franchise from the worst in MLB to two pennants and a WS title something that other small markets like Oakland, TB, and Cleveland never attained. I would much rather experience '14 and '15 and have a trophy rather than consistently field good teams that lose in the postseason. Easterby has never come close to that kind of success.
[Reply]
Page 348 of 469
« First < 248298338344345346347348 349350351352358398448 > Last »
Up