ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Nzoner's Game Room>The bee keeper diaries
Iowanian 06:59 PM 02-02-2017
It's a great time to buy stock in eppy pens.

This thread is a repository for bee keepers or those interested.

A couple of years ago, a couple of friends an my brother started puttering with honey bees. I didn't buy off because, well, I've never been a big fan of bees or getting stung by them. Last summer I tagged along a couple of times to check their hives and to remove honey bees from a house, public building and an old garage.

I realized at the end of the summer when I was helping them process some, that it's actually pretty interesting, and fits into my expanding "grow my own" logic. I'm not full blown hippy but I see a lot of logic in the self sustaining food thing and I'm doing some of that too.

That said, this thread is about bees, honey bees, bee keeping and bee fighting war stories.

I'm taking the leap and plan to get 2-3 hives this spring and maybe build some bee swarm traps to make it cheaper or to make a few bucks.

Join me and I'll share the real life lessons of an ameture bee keeper. I'm sure I'm going to learn some things the hard way.
Attached: IMG_0418.jpg (67.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Rausch 06:31 AM 01-13-2024
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'm also working on some new products...herbal remedy honey(infused with herbs for medicinal purposes) and also am looking at some new creamed honey flavors to include aronia and elderberry to target those health aware markets and make those berries palletable with the power of honey.
I'll be eager to jump in line when the time comes.
The wife is from the Cali desert and every year her allergies get worse.

I'm also heavy into supplements and doing whatever I can to avoid prescription meds. I was able to get through my covid stretch with mullen, mushroom powders, and soups with herbs that have antiviral properties.

Never had a sinus or lung infection but had actual physical pain in all my joints and sense of smell and taste were off. I already had some kratom for the pains and aches so really only had a gross sense of smell and taste.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Up