ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 315
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 03-07-2019
Doing everything I can to make Columbia a desireable FA destination for veteran passers (and inevitably, Lincoln Riley and his hand-picked QB).

The Cardinals snag Christian Kirk, the future #1 WR in Kliff Kingsbury's air-raid. You worry a bit about them layering him but they have so many pressing needs that I suspect they won't be looking WR until the 3rd and at that point it's more of a complementary part.

That's another complete swerve from my draft board, though - hate doing that. I just liked his potential.

BOMBS AWAY, FITZ! You've got JuJu, Davis, Kirk and Samuel to sling balls to and balls made of solid steel - push it downfield, son.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:59 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Doing everything I can to make Columbia a desireable FA destination for veteran passers (and inevitably, Lincoln Riley and his hand-picked QB).

The Cardinals snag Christian Kirk, the future #1 WR in Kliff Kingsbury's air-raid. You worry a bit about them layering him but they have so many pressing needs that I suspect they won't be looking WR until the 3rd and at that point it's more of a complementary part.

That's another complete swerve from my draft board, though - hate doing that. I just liked his potential.

BOMBS AWAY, FITZ! You've got JuJu, Davis, Kirk and Samuel to sling balls to and balls made of solid steel - push it downfield, son.
It was just intercepted....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
It was just intercepted....
Just an arm punt, man.

And Derwin's gonna get it back for me anyway...
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:03 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
For sure. Unless his heart explodes

I really needed a WR and wasn’t in love with anyone. Took Miller for his youth and 7 TDs. Still got 2 starting spots to fill then it’s all backups

Hmm. Maybe Denver's not a good place for a guy whose heart might explode. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
[Reply]
wheeler08 10:20 AM 03-07-2019
I like having my picks in the morning and get them out of the way for the day. This has worked out nicely for the back end of the round
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 03-07-2019
9 picks left to make and after discussing contract terms with hold-overs from the previous regime, the Cards look to have about $300 left in signing money.

Gonna have to get King Carl in here to cuss at some draft picks and get them to take less than they're worth if I hope to have a full roster at the end of this...
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:28 AM 03-07-2019
9 picks left to make and after discussing contract terms with hold-overs from the previous regime, the Cards look to have about $300 left in signing money.

Gonna have to get King Carl in here to cuss at some draft picks and get them to take less than they're worth if I hope to have a full roster at the end of this...
i have a couple guys who i cant look at contract options and a bunch of guys only allow me to do 5,6,7 year deals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i have a couple guys who i cant look at contract options and a bunch of guys only allow me to do 5,6,7 year deals
Don't sign anyone yet. Mine's spitballing; moving money around to see where I can keep guys since I've drafted a bunch of infants.

You're looking at the off-season extension screen right now and the rules are different for that. You'll need to wait until the rosters are uploaded and then you can make sign your guys to deals of any length.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:36 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Yeah, don't sign any contracts yet. That part broke in the upgrades and cdcox is working on it.

Our plan is to gray out contracts until we get to the end. We need to somehow make sure people know that they have to sign contracts but may also want to save money for free agents during the startup period.

I'm planning to put together a graphic road map for players, too. The startup phase is slightly different than the road map once the league is established.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, don't sign any contracts yet. That part broke in the upgrades and cdcox is working on it.

Our plan is to gray out contracts until we get to the end. We need to somehow make sure people know that they have to sign contracts but may also want to save money for free agents during the startup period.

I'm planning to put together a graphic road map for players, too. The startup phase is slightly different than the road map once the league is established.
Pft - I'm going full Packers.

Screw your FAs. Don't need 'em, don't want 'em. I've got a system and a decision lens.

Cardinals aren't born or bought - they're built. We raise our own here in Columbia.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 03-07-2019
For roster planning purposes, it's been my assumption that we're going to do the initial draft, run a season based on last year's production, then do the 2019 NFL rookie draft before we wait for the 2019 season to play out.

That correct? It's the only way I can see to actually get some gameplay in before next January.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:05 PM 03-07-2019
For roster planning purposes, it's been my assumption that we're going to do the initial draft, run a season based on last year's production, then do the 2019 NFL rookie draft before we wait for the 2019 season to play out.

That correct? It's the only way I can see to actually get some gameplay in before next January.
I would figure you let the season play out and draft this years rookies next February like we’re doimg now. Why draft before you know production?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:09 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I would figure you let the season play out and draft this years rookies next February like we’re doimg now. Why draft before you know production?
That's exactly why - you don't know their production yet. Requires that you speculate well.

That's how it worked in the old league after we caught up, you draft rookies before they play, just as the NFL does
[Reply]
cdcox 01:31 PM 03-07-2019

Y
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Y
I'm going to presume this is lazy coder shorthand for 'yes'.

Jesus man - get your face out of the screen. Human beings still use words and stuff.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 315
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up