ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 315
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:43 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's already spent, so yeah - in a matter of speaking.
Right. DUH Lewdog.

Might still be ok if you get some great production for a few years and then cut. Can’t have a bunch of wasted long contracts though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:57 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Well it fucks up some of my plans
Huh?

How could it? Trade 'em, don't trade 'em - it doesn't matter. You pay the entire freight when they sign the deal.

Look at every one of these contracts as being league minimum deals with big year 1 Roster Bonuses. Sign a guy to a 7 year deal for 110 bucks and they cost you zero dollars in years 2-7. You pay it all in year 1.

So if you trade them - fine, no impact because they didn't cost you anything. If you cut them, same story. Everything is paid for up front.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Right. DUH Lewdog.

Might still be ok if you get some great production for a few years and then cut. Can’t have a bunch of wasted long contracts though.
Yup.

I was willing to thrown an assload of money at Hargrave even though he's 28 and probably won't age well. I figured I was gonna get 2 very good years, maybe 2 more solid ones and then probably cut him after 4 and eat the last 3 years of the deal.

But look at it this way - I had money to spend. If I don't spend it, I lose half of it. So I could either spend that $100 on Hargrave for 3 more years than I needed or I can sit on it, carry over $50 of it and just set the other $50 on fire.

Both end up with about the same amount of sunk costs, but the former option at least gives me a good player for a few years.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:44 PM 01-13-2022
Well that contract I gave Browm last year looks really stupid now
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 01-13-2022
Well that contract I gave Browm last year looks really stupid now
Eh, you just end up eating a couple years of it.

2 years of Brown would've cost you 13 (at minimum). 4 years at $46, if unspent, would've cost you $23 in rollover penalty.

So if the guy never plays another snap for you, you're upside down $10. Not the end of the world.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:08 PM 01-13-2022
Hey Aberdeen fuck you. Let your good players go and rebuild you haven't won shit with them.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:15 PM 01-13-2022
I just signed Roethlisberger on a 2 year deal in League 1 (Chiefs 1). I would entertain a trade. Could use a quality ILB, TE or draft pick.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:28 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I just signed Roethlisberger on a 2 year deal in League 1 (Chiefs 1). I would entertain a trade. Could use a quality ILB, TE or draft pick.
What team are you? Any other QBs on your roster?
[Reply]
cdcox 07:38 PM 01-13-2022
Nashville Golden Mules. Only Carson Wentz, and he isn't available.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:59 PM 01-13-2022
You could get Russ for 2 1s, 2 2s, and a 3rd
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Nashville Golden Mules. Only Carson Wentz, and he isn't available.
The Phoenix Diablos made the Super Bowl last year led by Phillip Rivers with the help of Diggs and Hopkins. Phyllis had to retire to attend to his 12 children.

The Diablos barfed at the free agent market but signed Heinicke to play in front of Drew motherfucking Lock!

Part of me says I should try Big Ben but part of me wants to believe in Heinicke magic!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:06 PM 01-13-2022
You could get Russ for 2 1s, 2 2s, and a 3rd
Dang, that's not bad at all.

I'll consider!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:05 PM 01-13-2022
Damn misses out on Cameron Heyward.

Somewhere on Billygoats Planet DJ'sRighnut is blasting me for going 3 years without being able to sign a #1 WR or interior pass rusher
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 01-13-2022
I'm not sure what Aberdeens strategy here. You let all those guys hit free agency instead of just re-signing them for much cheaper. Could have traded them for draft picks while your QBs are Kellen Mond and Jameis Winston. Thats a 8 win team at best. Could have stocked up on picks, grabbed a QB and have a ton of capspace to fill remaining holes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 PM 01-13-2022
I'm not sure what Aberdeens strategy here. You let all those guys hit free agency instead of just re-signing them for much cheaper. Could have traded them for draft picks while your QBs are Kellen Mond and Jameis Winston. Thats a 8 win team at best. Could have stocked up on picks, grabbed a QB and have a ton of capspace to fill remaining holes.
Letting Kelce get to FA was an obvious mistake. He had to pay $110 for him when as a Tier 3 player he could've used one of his veteran deals on him and gotten him for 5 years/$55.

You don't want Kelce for 7 years anyway. You certainly don't want to be paying an extra 55 for the privilege's of those 2 years.

I almost wonder if he doesn't quite understand how it works. Because there's clearly something irrational about matching a guy like K-Pass or the shell of Josh Norman. If for some odd reason you want to sign those guys, just bid 'em up to 2 or 3 bucks - nobody's going to get in a bidding war for them.

It almost has to be a misunderstanding of how the system works.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 315
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Up