ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 173
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:28 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
I am so sorry to hear this. So very sad. Prayers coming your way my brotha!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:57 PM 04-07-2017
I am simply at a loss for words

You're such a good and thoroughly decent man, Fast Eddie Ragnarok
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:02 PM 04-07-2017
Reading through this thread is enough to bring a guy to tears. I hope I'm as strong as you one day.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 05:12 PM 04-07-2017
Ben stiger op, naade stiger ned.

Godspeed Ed.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:37 PM 04-07-2017
i've only spoken to you a few times throughout these years lonewolf. you were always a pleasure to talk to and to read.
im so sorry, and i don't know you from adam. i have no magic words, and im sorry that i can't sugar coat anything that i type.
please know that you are one of the good guys, and i wish you the absolute best.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:40 PM 04-07-2017
It's truly wonderful to see so many people posting in here, to see Hog Farmer's wife using his account to say hello and get a message through. I sometimes forget just how long I've been hanging around this place, and what a wonderful, dysfunctional family we have here.

Ed, I know every one here wanted very badly for this story to end on a different note, and I know we are all going to continue to pray for you, and to pray for a miracle for you.
But whatever comes, know that we are all feeling the loss of a brother right now, someone that we have come to know, admire, and love. I don't want to think about a day when I'll no longer get an update from you, I just want to celebrate this day and every day that you are alive and still with us.
It's been an amazing journey, and I'm very grateful that you let me come along.

Love you, brother.

J.
[Reply]
Three7s 05:41 PM 04-07-2017
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
I've gotten to know you through your posts and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. I know it may not mean much coming from me, but never give up! You never know when a miracle can happen.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:51 PM 04-07-2017
:-) Cancer fucking sucks. You have already beat it in many many ways. You will be missed. Praying for you to have peace.
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:53 PM 04-07-2017
Sorry to hear brother.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:17 PM 04-07-2017
God bless, to Ed and to all. You'll be missed.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:29 PM 04-07-2017
Ed
This entire community, linked by the Chiefs, has now become linked through you. Your chronicle should be available at every oncologist's office for patient viewing. We have all grown to admire and respect you. Words come hard, but my tears flow freely. God will not forsake you. God walks beside you, and carries you if needed. My prayers and many others continue.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:05 PM 04-07-2017

My condolences buddy. Here's to as comfortable and relaxing last couple weeks as possible.
[Reply]
Ash 07:08 PM 04-07-2017
I have always just lurked on this thread always checking it when there was an update hoping for news of your recovery.When I checked it this morning while gearing up for another day in the office, I had to pretend my allergies were flaring up.

You have touched so many people's lives in this community and that is a testament to your tremendous character.

Thank you for sharing your journey, I hope you are surrounded by nothing but love, support, and have complete peace.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:34 PM 04-07-2017
All of us here will eventually face our mortality as you are now. I pray for comfort and peace for you and your loved ones and can only hope that when it's my turn I can face it with half the courage and dignity you have shown to us. Although we have never met I feel more of a connection with you through our Chiefs family than some of my blood relatives. God bless.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:17 PM 04-07-2017
I am so sorry to hear this Ed. I echo what others have said you are true inspiration to many here and I enjoyed reading your posts. I hope your last few weeks are filled with alot of love and peace. Take care and god bless.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 173
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Up