ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:19 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sidenote: I'm glad I'm not alone in loving Pacheco.

I fully acknowledge it is a pure homer thing. At this point in his career he is probably an upper tier JAG, but goddamn it, he's my upper tier JAG (with lots of tools to build on) and I'll be damned if he isn't easy to root for.

I've said it before that the dude HATES EVERYBODY. Or at least runs like it. But he brings an energy that is hard to not notice. There have been lots of frenetic energetic runners, but he appears to not be interested in talking any shit, just get the ball to the ref and haul ass to be the first one in the huddle. I love that kind of shit. It does ****all for productivity, but really limits the bad shit that can happen. And the dude is obviously engaged and all in.

Love it.

Hopefully he develops in the pass game and brings the noise in space and continues to develop his vision and experience with the line.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one going irrational homer on the dude.
Perhaps Justin Reid could learn something from him?
[Reply]
DenverChief 01:26 PM 12-06-2022
Good thread DC. Lots of good thought provoking information in here.

Here's what I posted in Meck's thread, which I believe is a levelheaded reaction. Feel free to tell me to **** off, but after a day or so I think it is still where I'm at.
100% agree - great post
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:29 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Uneasy thing to think about I saw somewhere on Twitter....

The Bengals wait for the Chiefs to inevitably do something stupid similar to how the Chiefs beat the Chargers.
Thing is it was dangerously close to not paying off.

Don't get me wrong, they earned the Kelce turnover. They really got in there and worked hard for it.

But think about it, if that pass falls incomplete, they likely go down 2 scores.

And think about their roster.

Burrow - who I think we can all agree has proven himself to be a top tier. He's got some warts, and some of them may not translate over time, but even his biggest detractors should say he's at least good enough to come get you not unlike Lamar Jackson at his worst. He may not play the game you'd like to see, but he'll get you. Way more eat hits and gunsling than elite runner, but a similar approach, a nontraditional way of playing the game that may not last long in the league, but effective.

Plus

The best WR corps in the league by a wide ass margin.

You'd think with a guy that absolutely wants to bomb you out of existence and the firepower in the skill guys to do it, the best way to beat the Chiefs is..... disciplined ball?

That sounds weird. Looking at the roster we should definitely be those guys, not them.

Plus, over the long term, I find this to be tremendously optimistic. Chiefs are basically in reload mode where everyone was saying we're taking a giant ass step back. But even without Tyreek they don't want to run and gun with us and they're relying on us to make a mistake. And remember this is with Burrow on a rookie contract. After they pay him, they can't pay Chase and company and I'd have to look but they may need to do something at extremely expensive LT too. That's looking at fitting that shit under the cap. Their owner is cheap as fuck and notoriously doesn't want to pay. PLUS, he has to escrow the guarantees.

So that roster may not age well. I would laugh hysterically if they let Burrow walk. They won't but it will be interesting to see what they do.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Perhaps Justin Reid could learn something from him?
Yeah, I haven't come to any conclusions on the Justin Reid thing.

Anecdotally it seems like it never works out. Maybe we just remember when it goes down in flames.

I'd fully support Andy if he told Justin to fuck right off with that shit. I belive strongly in Andy's capacity to run a locker room.

The argument to letting it be is what drives that dude to talk shit is what drives him to be a great player.

I dunno. The reality is that their job is to play and that shit shouldn't matter. But these guys are humans and it matters.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:22 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Uneasy thing to think about I saw somewhere on Twitter....

The Bengals wait for the Chiefs to inevitably do something stupid similar to how the Chiefs beat the Chargers.
The only stupid play was Burrow's INT, but of course he was bailed out.

Unless you want to count Andy's decision to kick the FG.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:54 PM 12-06-2022
In all honestly. We played the Bills and Bengals games to set up what we do in the playoffs.

You do play to win the game. /coach Herm. But this year it play to get to the playoffs and then the SB

In Reid, Mahomes et al; I trust. My 0.02 cents anyway.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:59 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
In all honestly. We played the Bills and Bengals games to set up what we do in the playoffs.

You do play to win the game. /coach Herm. But this year it play to get to the playoffs and then the SB

In Reid, Mahomes et al; I trust. My 0.02 cents anyway.
Amen
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
neither team faced toney, neither will be prepared for what he does to our offense

and the bills played us without mcduffie or gay and STILL only got 24

keep hope alive fellers
[Reply]
Otter 09:05 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
neither team faced toney, neither will be prepared for what he does to our offense

and the bills played us without mcduffie or gay and STILL only got 24

keep hope alive fellers

The $50,000 question is: will he be healthy?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 PM 12-06-2022
the experience our rookies have gained since buffalo is going to be a HUGE factor when we ELIMINATE THEM for the THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON and GO TO THE SUPER BOWL

Williams
Watson
McDuffie
Karlaftis
Cook
Skyy
PACHECO

WHO'S WITH ME?

[Reply]
DenverChief 12:13 AM 12-07-2022
A great breakdown of the game and how the Bengals abused our Defense - we played Zone most of the game to slow down their passing attack and it worked for the most part BUT that is not how our Defense is built - we are built for man coverage schemes. Jamaar Chase is just too good for our Man Defense scheme (see our Regular season game last year when he had 200+ yards and 3 TDs).

Almost all of the snaps in this breakdown is a 4 man rush, there was one LB blitz on the Chase 30+ yard catch (Williams I believe). We were playing the odds (drop 7) and flood the routes. Like I said earlier it worked for the most part - a little tighter on the tackling and not turning the ball over and we win this game.

[Reply]
TEX 12:52 AM 12-07-2022
the experience our rookies have gained since buffalo is going to be a HUGE factor when we ELIMINATE THEM for the THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON and GO TO THE SUPER BOWL

Williams
Watson
McDuffie
Karlaftis
Cook
Skyy
PACHECO

WHO'S WITH ME?

Not without a pass rush. And not without better play from our turnstile Tackles. If we get that, then I'm with you.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 12-07-2022
Thing is it was dangerously close to not paying off.

Don't get me wrong, they earned the Kelce turnover. They really got in there and worked hard for it.

But think about it, if that pass falls incomplete, they likely go down 2 scores.

And think about their roster.

Burrow - who I think we can all agree has proven himself to be a top tier. He's got some warts, and some of them may not translate over time, but even his biggest detractors should say he's at least good enough to come get you not unlike Lamar Jackson at his worst. He may not play the game you'd like to see, but he'll get you. Way more eat hits and gunsling than elite runner, but a similar approach, a nontraditional way of playing the game that may not last long in the league, but effective.

Plus

The best WR corps in the league by a wide ass margin.

You'd think with a guy that absolutely wants to bomb you out of existence and the firepower in the skill guys to do it, the best way to beat the Chiefs is..... disciplined ball?

That sounds weird. Looking at the roster we should definitely be those guys, not them.

Plus, over the long term, I find this to be tremendously optimistic. Chiefs are basically in reload mode where everyone was saying we're taking a giant ass step back. But even without Tyreek they don't want to run and gun with us and they're relying on us to make a mistake. And remember this is with Burrow on a rookie contract. After they pay him, they can't pay Chase and company and I'd have to look but they may need to do something at extremely expensive LT too. That's looking at fitting that shit under the cap. Their owner is cheap as **** and notoriously doesn't want to pay. PLUS, he has to escrow the guarantees.

So that roster may not age well. I would laugh hysterically if they let Burrow walk. They won't but it will be interesting to see what they do.
I don't think there's anything non traditional about Burrow. I think he's absolutely the prototype pocket passer, and he's absolutely elite.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not without a pass rush. And not without better play from our turnstile Tackles. If we get that, then I'm with you.
All we have to do.

Is not turn it over.

-3 in Cincy is not indicative of a team that is monstrously better than us.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:13 AM 12-07-2022
All we have to do.

Is not turn it over.

-3 in Cincy is not indicative of a team that is monstrously better than us.
If you told me at the beginning of the year that this team would be a tie-breaker out of home field advantage, with a significant advantage in remaining schedule over the other contenders, I'd be pretty GD amazed. This was supposed to be/is a "re-tooling" year...I agree that the January version of the Chiefs will be better than the Oct version with McDuffie on the field and Joshua Williams improving each week.

The only thing that is preventing a dynasty is the significant mismatches in the trenches. The Chiefs need a boner-inducing offseason (E, DT, 2 OTs, WR) to compete with this year's Eagles and Cowboys in a SB. Before everyone goes crazy, I know the Cowgirls have flaws, but their pass rush and runnig game is NOT a matchup I would want to see this year. BV needs to work some magic and fortify the trenches this offseason. But yeah, how can you not feel pretty good about this year after losing a HoF weapon in his prime?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up