ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 PM 05-01-2021
He’s not KPass, Jesus. I was meh on the pick and even I can tell that. KPass wishes he had this kind of athleticism.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:43 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Maybe so. I'm a big production guy. I want to see a player do something on the field. Although, it seems like that entire FSU defense did jack and shit this year.
Yea I get it but sometimes you're drafting on measurables.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 09:52 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Chiefs drafted the #1 and #5 recruits from 2017.
Yes, sir and that deep into the draft is a nice caveat. The organization as a whole have become a premier group. Our scouting department is second to none now. It’s refreshing to see a GM that knows player personnel and how to attain those players. For where this kid was picked, it’s obvious our scouting department did their homework. If he can stay healthy, we may have a good pass rush, again. I like this kid’s upside.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:17 AM 05-02-2021
Reminds me of Charles Haley, hope he can pan out.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 05-02-2021
It’s a fifth round pick. If you want measurables and production, you ain’t getting that player in the 5th
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s a fifth round pick. If you want measurables and production, you ain’t getting that player in the 5th
4th round. Still the same point though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
4th round. Still the same point though.
4th 5th whatever

He’s about the normal 4th round pick type player
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 05-02-2021
It was definitely the measurables that we loved with this kid. That 10 yard split is elite. And his 3 cone is also really good for a guy his size. Main thing I worry about is those tall guys getting bend. It’s difficult for them to do that effectively.

I’m looking at the 10 yard splits and this kid was better than almost every DL minus Rousseau who had a 1.57 time.

Which reminds me...I’m pretty confident in saying that if Fisher never gets hurt than Rousseau would be a Chief today. Veach would have made the move to get him.

Which sucks bc the Bills got him and I think he’s gonna be good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:39 AM 05-02-2021
I think philosophically, The Chiefs draft plan was really solid.

Take smart, productive football players that will be starters sooner than later in round 2, albeit in less 'premier' positions but do NOT reach for 'premier' positions.

In middle and late rounds, take high upside athletes with high football character and give them elite coaching to get the most of their talent.

Every one of these guys has a better shot than most to be contributors, and I'll bet that at least one is a star in the near future.

I think Kaindoh was potential to be great, I really do. You cannot coach that length, or that explosiveness. He's the exact opposite of Danna (who I like, but who's limited due to lack of those attributes).
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was definitely the measurables that we loved with this kid. That 10 yard split is elite. And his 3 cone is also really good for a guy his size. Main thing I worry about is those tall guys getting bend. It’s difficult for them to do that effectively.

I’m looking at the 10 yard splits and this kid was better than almost every DL minus Rousseau who had a 1.57 time.

Which reminds me...I’m pretty confident in saying that if Fisher never gets hurt than Rousseau would be a Chief today. Veach would have made the move to get him.

Which sucks bc the Bills got him and I think he’s gonna be good.
He’s about as bendy as you’re going to get at his size.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s about as bendy as you’re going to get at his size.
It always cracks me up when guys complain about bend or route running.

“He’s 6”5 and isn’t a great route runner because he’s stiff”

Well no shit. Physics isn’t going to allow him to not be stiff he’s fucking huge
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 05-02-2021

Well no shit. Physics isn’t going to allow him to not be stiff he’s fucking huge
Exactly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:53 AM 05-02-2021
Kaindoh is either going to be a STAR, multiple pro-bowler double digit sack guy, or he's going to be selling used cars in 2023. There isn't a middle ground for him, and I'm totally fine with taking that swing.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:28 PM 05-02-2021

Well no shit. Physics isn’t going to allow him to not be stiff he’s ****ing huge
Uh that’s the point of my post. So thanks for elaborating :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 01:30 PM 05-02-2021
I really don’t know what to make of this pick. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up