ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 240
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:20 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Believe it or not, that's how almost every NFL team works. Heck, it's how big business in general works.

Actually, Marty took some accountability after the 97 loss. I would have preferred he just start Gannon instead and then win or lose, at least we would KNOW we had the best team on the field.
[Reply]
FAX 12:20 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Isn't it amazing how ONE PLAYER has made such a difference? This team is nowhere NEAR the playoffs or sniffing them in 2018 without PMII.
Yeah ... we haven't made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.

Right.

FAX
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:26 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Yeah ... we haven't made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.

Right.

FAX
What other AVAILABLE QB post-Smith could have done this?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:29 PM 01-11-2019
I tried to find an article to link it but couldn't. Anyway it was analysis of Andy Reid's timeout usage this season.

Basically it said when the CHiefs have called an offensive timeout this season which was the vast majority of their timeout usage, the next play resulted in a 1st down or score something like 81% of the time. Far and away the best in the league.

Edit: Found the link

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...d-theres-proof

Edit:link was broken, fixed now
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:31 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I tried to find an article to link it but couldn't. Anyway it was analysis of Andy Reid's timeout usage this season.

Basically it said when the CHiefs have called an offensive timeout this season which was the vast majority of their timeout usage, the next play resulted in a 1st down or score something like 95% of the time. Far and away the best in the league.
Encouraging. Now, what is the third down conversion rate for the regular season 2018 vs 2017?
[Reply]
FAX 12:32 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What other QB post-Smith could have done this?
Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your post, or you misunderstood mine, Mr. Sweet Daddy Hate. Either way, it appears we're talking past each other.

Just to clarify ... Wally has done a masterful job of getting this team into the playoffs since he arrived. I don't believe that's up for debate at this point. Could AS11 have gotten us the #1 seed? I highly doubt it. But to say that AS11 couldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs is reverse prognostication at its most unconvincing since Wally's history with AS11 disagrees.

That was my point ... if I remember it correctly.

FAX
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:32 PM 01-11-2019

Basically it said when the CHiefs have called an offensive timeout this season which was the vast majority of their timeout usage, the next play resulted in a 1st down or score something like 95% of the time. Far and away the best in the league.
I think this is more Mahomes than Reid, because in the past we would call a timeout then shit the bed right away.
[Reply]
FAX 12:36 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I think this is more Mahomes than Reid, because in the past we would call a timeout then shit the bed right away.
No, Mr. Marcellus is correct. I think it might have been a PFF or Bleacher or Pro Football Talk article (I don't recall). I read it and it was a nice analysis that debunked the myth that Wally's usage of timeouts speaks to "poor time management".

I wish I could find the article. It was well researched (and I assume it that research was accurate).

FAX
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:38 PM 01-11-2019
Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your post, or you misunderstood mine, Mr. Sweet Daddy Hate. Either way, it appears we're talking past each other.

Just to clarify ... Wally has done a masterful job of getting this team into the playoffs since he arrived. I don't believe that's up for debate at this point. Could AS11 have gotten us the #1 seed? I highly doubt it. But to say that AS11 couldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs is reverse prognostication at its most unconvincing since Wally's history with AS11 disagrees.

That was my point ... if I remember it correctly.

FAX
Two points in my post:

1) No other available QB option could have worked this team to the #1 seed post Smith.

2) Without Mahomes, several games that were contests to the end would have been lost, and there would have been no chance whatsoever in those high-scoring shootouts, even though we lost by one or two points. The defense had degenerated THAT badly. And honestly, this team would have had to scratch and claw for a wild card in 2018 were Smith still here IMO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:42 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by chuxtrux:
If after the 2-14 2012 season when the Chiefs were a dumpster fire, you were told the following would take place with the new head coach:

The Chiefs would immediately climb back to respectability in year one, then make the playoffs in 5 of the next 6 seasons. In year five, they would draft a potential Hall of Fame quarterback who would possibly win the MVP in his first year starting and then get the #1 seed in the playoffs. Who wouldn't sign up for that?

Sure, Dorsey gets some credit. Veach gets some credit. But none of this happens if Reid isn't hired back in 2012.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:42 PM 01-11-2019
No, Mr. Marcellus is correct. I think it might have been a PFF or Bleacher or Pro Football Talk article (I don't recall). I read it and it was a nice analysis that debunked the myth that Wally's usage of timeouts speaks to "poor time management".

I wish I could find the article. It was well researched (and I assume it that research was accurate).

FAX

Here you go FAX, and the fact that McCarthy was one of the worst at wasting timeouts kind of deflates the idea Reid's success was all Mahomes.

Thats like saying if Vance Joseph coached Mahomes he would be just as good as he is now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:43 PM 01-11-2019
Look at the head coaches being hired this year. Laugh. Be happy we have Reid.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:55 PM 01-11-2019

Here you go FAX, and the fact that McCarthy was one of the worst at wasting timeouts kind of deflates the idea Reid's success was all Mahomes.

Thats like saying if Vance Joseph coached Mahomes he would be just as good as he is now.
How in god's name do you tie McCarthy to Mahomes?

And if Vance Joseph coached Mahomes, Mahomes would still be Mahomes. Would he come blasting out of the gate and set TD records and all of the other fireworks in his first year as a starter? Probably not. But not even an idiot like Joseph or a drunkard like Elway could keep PMII from becoming what he was obviously destined to be.

PMII takes Lions, Bears, and Bengals to Super Bowls. PMII takes Falcons to dynasties. PMII is the goddamned zoo keeper and Beastmaster all in one, son. You just be grateful he landed HERE. :-)

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No doubt. MASSIVE bag o' dicks this year except Arians, I guess.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:56 PM 01-11-2019

FAX
Well if that's true I blame battered fan syndrome. I can remember a lot of CUTE plays that backfired after timeouts maybe because they stick out.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If we lose tomorrow, Reid will have no accomplishments over any of those new coaches.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 240
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Up