ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 173
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:02 PM 07-06-2023
I just finished The Days on Netflix last night.

Its the story of the Fukushima Daiichi disaster or the Japanese Chernobyl.

It was certainly interesting and I wished I had liked it more than I did. Feel it was a couple episodes too long bloated with emotion trying to capture the stoic sense of duty and respect in Japanese culture but it just got a little long in the tooth.

Super interesting true (mostly) story which if you aren't familiar with could make it worthwhile.

The fact that the plant still isn't decommissioned and is practically a bomb still sitting there was a little eye opening.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

It was certainly interesting and I wished I had liked it more than I did. Feel it was a couple episodes too long bloated with emotion trying to capture the stoic sense of duty and respect in Japanese culture but it just got a little long in the tooth.

Super interesting true (mostly) story which if you aren't familiar with could make it worthwhile.

The fact that the plant still isn't decommissioned and is practically a bomb still sitting there was a little eye opening.
Japan is actually still dumping radioactive waste water into the ocean to this day...TEPCO was told in 2009 that a tsunami would destroy that plant as it wasn't protected...they deflected with "we were still looking into it"

There's a lot of shady stuff around that disaster.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:59 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Japan is actually still dumping radioactive waste water into the ocean to this day...TEPCO was told in 2009 that a tsunami would destroy that plant as it wasn't protected...they deflected with "we were still looking into it"

There's a lot of shady stuff around that disaster.
From the mini series, humans nor robots can get near the fuel for several more decades

Definitely some eye opening moves they made in the name of duty and salvaging perception
[Reply]
Mecca 01:12 PM 07-06-2023
From the mini series, humans nor robots can get near the fuel for several more decades

Definitely some eye opening moves they made in the name of duty and salvaging perception
Japans culture was on display in that show, not losing face was more important than anything.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:51 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If you're going in that direction of Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, and The Undoing, I thought Mare of Eastown was the best of the bunch.

Yeah, these nuclear things are weird. Chernobyl is like EVERYBODY HAS TO BE DEAD RIGHT? And it was bad. It was a goddamned catastrophe. However, the Reactors 1-3 were operated until 2000. How the hell could operators live and work in the exclusion zone with all that radiation? Then you read about all the people that sneak in there with Geiger Counters and stuff is all profoundly interesting, but it's weird, and not how we we would think.

And I think 3 Mile Island ran until sometime in the 90s, and only shut down because the company went broke.

Weird shit man.

I will check the The Days though, obviously Ithat shit is interesting.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:57 PM 07-09-2023
We got a promotion for Starz for 4 months. Where do we start for good series on Starz?
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:12 PM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We got a promotion for Starz for 4 months. Where do we start for good series on Starz?
Is Black Sails still on Starz? That is worth the watch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:35 PM 07-09-2023
Looking through their offerings. The White Queen, The White Princess and The Spanish Princess aren't bad. Weren't really my thing, but not a terrible watch.

Magic City is pretty solid.

Spartacus has some cheese, but is pretty decent.

That's about all I've seen.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:39 PM 07-09-2023
Even though it's on HBO now I think, Banshee is still awesome.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:40 PM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Even though it's on HBO now I think, Banshee is still awesome.
Whoops, that's Cinemax.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 09:15 AM 07-10-2023
Party Down is good. Just dropped a new season, although it took 10 years.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:22 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Party Down is good. Just dropped a new season, although it took 10 years.
Are we having fun yet?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:38 AM 07-11-2023
Just finished season 1 of Silo. Great show, can't wait for new season. Anyone got any theories as to what is going on? What will happen to Juliette?
[Reply]
In58men 08:42 AM 07-11-2023
Thoughts on The Witcher?

We just started the last season to Peaky Blinders, once that’s over we’re thinking about The Witcher…
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:57 AM 07-11-2023
The Bear closed out strong with Episodes 7-10. I'm still a bit iffy about this turning into show about the characters' personal lives with the kitchen aspect added as the seasoning rather than the other way around.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 173
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up