ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 192
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:36 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
You've really found joy in life. Happy for you. Context and nuance can't be far behind. Mr. MJP.
More worthless drivel from a worthless poster.

Kudos.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:57 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mahomes had plenty of time to throw
Disagree. I get we had a ton of OL injuries last year and you can only build so much depth but our depth sucked when it counted the most.
Pat would never dis on his o-line EVER, BUT I assure you internally he does NOT trust what is in front of him and quietly NEVER HAS IMHO since becoming a Chief only to get worse as time has gone on especially last year. Even the winning SB year you could see he was running around waaaaaay too much even in the SB itself and had he not pulled a rabbit out of his hat with the WaspJet play it's a different story because our offense was stagnant in that game as well.

Like I have said in the past I have never liked any AR OL since he has been our coach. And when it was announced he was our HC, I thought well at least we will have a stellar o-line because he had great ones in Philly and he specializes in OLs and QBs. So far not the case in KC and FINALLY it looks like he finally gets it.

Brady has 7 SBs because he has always had the Great WALL of China in front of him and weapons. But weapons become severely neutered when you don't have that wall is all I'm saying and we saw this starting mid-season last year(injuries) and especially in the SB.
[Reply]
FAX 03:01 PM 04-25-2021
I would just like to mention that there is no price too high for an Elite, First Class, Superstar, Las Vegas prostitute.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:10 PM 04-25-2021
So, tell us, when have the Chiefs not protected Mahomes?

Fisher and Schwartz were among the best tackle combo in the league. Mahomes threw for 50 TD's and 5,000 yards in 2019, won the Super Bowl in 2019 and repeated as AFC Champions in 2020.

Your posts indicate that the Chiefs haven't surrounded him with enough talent, which is clearly false.
Did the pressure come from Schwartz or Fisher's sides?? NO !!!! Pressure was from the interior the majority of the time. And where have DCs concentrated their pressure schemes to stop Pat??? Interior !!! And praise Jesus we signed Thuney because he will improve the other interior players as well. LDT coming back is better than what we had last year but "he ain't all that and a bag of chips" BUT with Blythe and Thuney 'maybe' he gets even better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:12 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
There is no cherry picking when you have a Lamborghini QB. You protect him PERIOD.
Is there a price too high to pay for protecting your franchise QB? Yes or no?

Can you pay too much such that you eventually cripple the team surrounding the LT and the QB?

Yes or no?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:19 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think Schwartz would be gone for sure. Not sure about Fisher. They would have needed a starting LT anyway (don't care what Veach said in February... Fisher wasn't going to be 100% to start the season) so my guess is they'd try to opt for some additional cap flexibility and still cut Fisher.
Various reports/indications of Fisher being active in FA market. Fairly quiet regarding Schwartz. If he’s not leaning towards retirement, I could see him going to the Titans. Maybe Vikings, Chargers or Bengals. Wish him well unless it’s the dolts. :-)
[Reply]
FAX 04:58 PM 04-25-2021
Shall we start the bidding at 2 first-rounders, Eric Bieniemy, and Alfred E. Niemann?

FAX
[Reply]
philfree 04:59 PM 04-25-2021
Mahomes was under constant pressure last year. He took way to much of a beating. The thing is that he doesn't back down and he made a lot of great throws as he was about to take one in the chops. If he keeps getting hit that much his career won't be as long as we or he would like. Protect The MAN!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:34 PM 04-25-2021
Well, I guess there's some tension here.

Obviously a horrific OL doesn't work. Evidence: Super Bowl.

But given that Mahomes has the ability to improvise and make accurate throws all over the field when outside the pocket, is it preferable to have an average OL with a better weapon at WR and a couple better players on defense? Or is it better to have the world's best OL to protect him while skimping on that other WR and being a bit thinner on defense?

I don't think comparing the situation to Brady is remotely relevant. They're different QBs and need different things.

The Chiefs weren't far away from winning 3 SBs in a row had their average-ish OL held up.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 05:43 PM 04-25-2021
No, I just think your takes are dumb as ****.

Drafting a developing a player is one thing but overpaying in the form of multiple 1st and 2nd round picks is WAY too high of a price to pay for a single offensive lineman.

So yes, there is too high of a price to pay.
We really didn't even pay that high for Brown at all in terms of draft picks.

It's literally like we are picking him with the 31st overall pick and then we swapped our 3rd for their 2nd rounder..

We literally ass raped this trade in every way unless a 4th and 5th rounder means a ton to you.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:44 PM 04-25-2021
Giving Patrick the confidence knowing he has 1.5-2 more seconds to go through his progressions before having to improvise should prove to be very beneficial. Giving him 3 more seconds to improvise deadly. Add that to a potential benefit the new OL give the running game. Look out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:09 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Giving Patrick the confidence knowing he has 1.5-2 more seconds to go through his progressions before having to improvise should prove to be very beneficial. Giving him 3 more seconds to improvise deadly. Add that to a potential benefit the new OL give the running game. Look out.
I can't wait to see him take three crow hops and launch one 85
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:29 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Chiefs weren't far away from winning 3 SBs in a row had their average-ish OL held up.

and of course Dee Ford.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:29 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Veach will get a deal done.

My guess is Frank Clark has another disappointing year, and we get out of that deal, and a big chunk of that goes to Brown.
I think Frank is gonna have a better year than last year. Gonna be harder to block the DL we have now. Still ready to get him off the books next year though.
[Reply]
In58men 06:34 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I think Frank is gonna have a better year than last year. Gonna be harder to block the DL we have now. Still ready to get him off the books next year though.
If he’s wanting another big contract, he’s gonna have to pump his numbers up. I see him playing better than last season.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 192
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up