ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 192
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:17 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Dudes be falling down all over the place.
Right?

Fire the groundskeeper, man - how can guys play when the field is clearly collapsing under them? What are you supposed to do when you go to cut back and boom - the ground just fails

Or when you make a nice little cut outside of a Pro Bowl guard and next thing you know you're on your hands and knees....

It's just absurdly unfair.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:18 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Edmund Emil Kemper III is an American serial killer and necrophile who murdered six college students before murdering his mother and her best friend from September 1972 to April 1973 following his parole for murdering his paternal grandparents.
I just finished watching The Co-ed Killer: Mind of a Monster on one of those kill your spouse channels so it was fresh in my mind. Dude was huge.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Should that have been illegal hands to the face penalty?
Not typically if your hand is directed into the guys face. When they both try to punch and his hands just deflect up and then off, they're never going to throw that flag.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:19 PM 12-08-2021

Thuney did a great job keeping his eyes up, helping and passing off defenders.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Thuney does a great job of everything. Really, just give up trying to outsmart the middle of the line. Humphrey and Thuney are probably the two smartest players in the league at their positions and Smith's no idiot in his own right (though he can be fooled on occasion; his chemistry with Creed is clearly very strong).

The IOL is just laughably good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:31 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Thuney does a great job of everything. Really, just give up trying to outsmart the middle of the line. Humphrey and Thuney are probably the two smartest players in the league at their positions and Smith's no idiot in his own right (though he can be fooled on occasion; his chemistry with Creed is clearly very strong).

The IOL is just laughably good.
Agreed. And I'll reiterate, EVERY team in the NFL could have put this IOL together. Only the Chiefs and Bert Beach actually did it. Props to the boys for identifying and acquiring the talent.

Again, I wonder how burt et al. felt when GB chose Josh Myers @62.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:50 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
FTR, I'm not "you guys".

I don't think Fisher is better than Brown and I agree about Alex Smith.
I didn't mean to lump you into the you guys. I had written you guys another time in the post and changed it because I didn't want you to think I meant you. I just forgot to change it the other time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

That is really impressive by Thuney. And that is a more athletic play than it looks like. I doubt many guards in the league can physically do that. Awesome.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:07 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That is really impressive by Thuney. And that is a more athletic play than it looks like. I doubt many guards in the league can physically do that. Awesome.
Hence this IOL is as good or better as Will Sheilds Era IOL
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:29 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hence this IOL is as good or better as Will Sheilds Era IOL

It's been 12 games. Will played 14 seasons, was 3 x All Pro and member of the NFLs 2000s All Decade Team. I love our IOL-- they have excellent potential, but...
[Reply]
BossChief 09:29 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

It's been 12 games. Will played 14 seasons, was 3 x All Pro and member of the NFLs 2000s All Decade Team. I love our IOL-- they have excellent potential, but...
Well, Creed will probably be all pro as a rook…Trey may, as well and Thuney is elite, so…

The “line of fame” had a weakness…they always had difficulty running a power scheme and our current line flourishes at it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:37 AM 12-10-2021
Trey Smith is not All-Pro
[Reply]
Hoover 09:55 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agree. I think he can be great, and I love the attitude he brings to the line, we he's not there yet.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:39 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Thuney and Humphrey are better than Waters and Weigman. Will Shields is arguably the greatest Guard ever and the only clear and obvious answer.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 12-10-2021
The 2004 - 2005 IOL was a monster. Waters had peaked into a true All-Pro player, Shields was still at his best and Weigman was criminally underrated and a very, very good player.

If you wanted to go 'strength for strength' rather than position by position you'd have, in rank order (IMO):

Shields > Humphrey
Waters > Thuney
Weigmann > Smith

If you tried to find any direct comp, it would be Weigmann and Thuney - they're EXTREMELY similar players. Both slightly undersized for the positions but surprisingly powerful due to their technique and ability to work angles. They were technicians and damn effective ones.

Waters was the sort of aggresssive mauler that we hope Smith becomes someday but he ain't that yet.

And Shields is an all-time great.

Nah - the '04 IOL beats this one, IMO. And not by a small amount. That was a ridiculous line.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 192
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Up