ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 288
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 11-07-2022
patrick showed great agility getting around flag guy
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:35 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
DJ, give us the baseball analysis here - that movement to open up his shoulders downfield is so precise i'm in awe

I think that throw's actually a little easier than it seems once you get past the oopty oop he threw on the defender to find space.

From a baseball standpoint, it's similar to why I've always argued that 2b is every bit as difficult to play as SS. And in fact, if you have the athletic ability to play SS, it's actually much easier than 2b.

Once a play is in front of you, everything is pretty simple. You get that momentum going downhill and can just essentially throw a dart, you can use your forward momentum to do most of the work and just a nice easy toss at 70% effort still comes out more than hard enough. And when you're not at max effort, you're more precise with your accuracy.

That's why I hate 2b - things are sideways. Here, Mahomes dekes the defender, opens a lane to get himself downhill and just makes the easiest little toss possible. The throw itself was remarkably precise but actually a little easier than it seems.
[Reply]
Graystoke 03:41 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The guy in the grey hoodie really thought that ball was headed for his nuts.
No kidding. If I'm in his shoes I cover up as well.

Pat just took this game and won it for us. Those clutch long runs man, hate seeing him get hit but in this instance it was worth it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:50 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think that throw's actually a little easier than it seems once you get past the oopty oop he threw on the defender to find space.

From a baseball standpoint, it's similar to why I've always argued that 2b is every bit as difficult to play as SS. And in fact, if you have the athletic ability to play SS, it's actually much easier than 2b.

Once a play is in front of you, everything is pretty simple. You get that momentum going downhill and can just essentially throw a dart, you can use your forward momentum to do most of the work and just a nice easy toss at 70% effort still comes out more than hard enough. And when you're not at max effort, you're more precise with your accuracy.

That's why I hate 2b - things are sideways. Here, Mahomes dekes the defender, opens a lane to get himself downhill and just makes the easiest little toss possible. The throw itself was remarkably precise but actually a little easier than it seems.
would you compare it to fielding a ground ball rolling past the bag at second and firing a strike to third to catch a guy trying to go first to third?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 11-07-2022
would you compare it to fielding a ground ball rolling past the bag at second and firing a strike to third to catch a guy trying to go first to third?
Not quite, because presumably that CFer (maybe RFer) has a BIG head of steam after running 10-15 yards to get to the ball. Those are those absolute piss rockets that someone like Beltran used to throw where his momentum would literally throw his top have so far forward he'd summersault as he released.

Mahomes was at nothing approaching max effort there. It was just barely more than a flip for him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:02 PM 11-07-2022
Not quite, because presumably that CFer (maybe RFer) has a BIG head of steam after running 10-15 yards to get to the ball. Those are those absolute piss rockets that someone like Beltran used to throw where his momentum would literally throw his top have so far forward he'd summersault as he released.

Mahomes was at nothing approaching max effort there. It was just barely more than a flip for him.
oh i'm talking more like the second baseman going into the deep infield to get the ball, but point taken

mostly i'm interested in the mechanics of him stopping and gathering, because 2018 patrick tries to throw that one falling down
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 11-07-2022
oh i'm talking more like the second baseman going into the deep infield to get the ball, but point taken

mostly i'm interested in the mechanics of him stopping and gathering, because 2018 patrick tries to throw that one falling down
Watch the next "Mahomes Marathon" next time they have one on NFL Network.

The kid you see playing in '18 might as well not be the same quarterback as the guy we have under center today. He's a COMPLETELY different animal. He's just smarter and more in control.

He does it differently now because he's just better than he once was.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:08 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
That's Terrance Mitchell, #39, who slams Mahomes down to the ground after he is in the end zone. I didn't like that. But yes, Mahomes is THE man.
Man, I can't believe he's still in the league.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Man, I can't believe he's still in the league.
Exact thought I had last night.

And hey - more power to him. What's that, an 8 year career? For a guy who seemed on the verge of washing out a half dozen times?
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:15 PM 11-07-2022

And hey - more power to him. What's that, an 8 year career? For a guy who seemed on the verge of washing out a half dozen times?
Good for him. He's made some decent money too. Hopefully the Chiefs are not in a spot where they need to go shopping practice squads for starters any time soon.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:48 PM 11-07-2022
I love titans 75 in the background as kelcie makes that great grab. Oh noooo
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:00 PM 11-07-2022

I assumed it was a completely different Terrance Mitchell. Wow.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:01 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I love titans 75 in the background as kelcie makes that great grab. Oh noooo
Da fuq?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:15 PM 11-07-2022
Mahomes seemed to be low on quite a few balls. I’m guessing that was a result of some fatigue setting in from all the running and harassment and huge number pass attempts he took.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 11-07-2022
Mahomes should get his 2nd MVP this year. He has been playing one top defense after another and shredding them. I think this might be the best he has ever played. It is beyond comprehension.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 288
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Up