ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 324
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:08 PM 12-11-2022
i'm not going to be too hard on spags, his defense turned a potential loss into a win

the offense shit the bed after going up 20-0
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:09 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
So spags gets a free pass because the defense played decent in the Super Bowl three years ago?
Is this real life? Our defense was outstanding during the entire super bowl run.

They were good enough when we lost to Tampa.

They played more than well enough to win in Cincy.

In three years he has not costed us any playoff games. So yeah until he does he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he can fix it in time for the playoffs.

You're the one dwelling on one bad game... Which we won. I already pointed out that our defense has been more than fine in the majority of our playoff games
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:09 PM 12-11-2022
Spags is played out.
It's time for something new and fresh
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:11 PM 12-11-2022
So spags gets a free pass because the defense played decent in the Super Bowl three years ago?
Spags has 4 rooks rotating in the secondary and a pass rush that goes invisible for long stretches. He doesn't get as many passes at Pat and the playcallng does who continues to put the defense in precarious positions.

This game was 100x more frustrating than the Bengals game. This game feels like a freaking loss smfh
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:11 PM 12-11-2022
Reid just praised the defense. WTF? Is he really so FN blind to anything other than the offense?

He has praised Toub and Spags over and over when ST and the defense play like shit.

I don't expect him to publicly admonish them, but he doesn't have to praise their poor play. He could say something like each unit ha things they need to improve on.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:12 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Is this real life? Our defense was outstanding during the entire super bowl run.

They were good enough when we lost to Tampa.

They played more than well enough to win in Cincy.

In three years he has not costed us any playoff games. So yeah until he does he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he can fix it in time for the playoffs.

You're the one dwelling on one bad game... Which we won. I already pointed out that our defense has been more than fine in the majority of our playoff games
One bad game? Is this real life?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:15 PM 12-11-2022
New players, new position coaches, more money invested. Same DC, same scheme, same shitty result.

This is nothing different than 2021 or 2020. Spags needed to go after 2020 but he was, and still is riding the wave of 2019.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:15 PM 12-11-2022
One bad game? Is this real life?
Playoffs.

Pay ****ing attention.

Playoffs.

In three playoff runs what playoff games did spags lose. You screamed about one game where we won and brush over the majority where our defense was plenty good
[Reply]
notorious 07:15 PM 12-11-2022
The defense scored 7 while holding Denver to 320 yards off of 3 turnovers.

Yes, I know Denver's offense is an abortion, that still not a horrifying outing.

They will need to get better for the playoffs, though. This isn't good enough. They need to win when Mahomes has one of those off halfs.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 07:19 PM 12-11-2022
I like Spags. Bill Cower made a good point after the game. He said the Chiefs young D-backs are good man-to-man, but they get lost playing zone. They're learning, but it's going to take some time.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:21 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Playoffs.

Pay ****ing attention.

Playoffs.

In three playoff runs what playoff games did spags lose. You screamed about one game where we won and brush over the majority where our defense was plenty good
You stated that my criticism of Spags was based off one game. Surely you’d agree that this defense hasn’t only had one bad game the past few years?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:24 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
I like Spags. Bill Cower made a good point after the game. He said the Chiefs young D-backs are good man-to-man, but they get lost playing zone. They're learning, but it's going to take some time.
That's a HUGE part of it. Communication has to and likely will get better. Nobody covering a guy in the end zone can't happen and was likely a direct result of the youth in the back.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:25 PM 12-11-2022
I'll ball wash a little. Denver only averaged 4.6 yards per play. That's below their season average and less than the lowest average in the league. Chiefs got 8 stops including two TO and a TD. The two TD given up before half were a combined 102 yards, so short fields.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:27 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Thought it was a great point and we should probably just let these guys play man mostly for now.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:28 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm starting to miss Bob Sutton. SMH
:-)
[Reply]
Page 270 of 324
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Up