ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 324
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:21 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Spags is a tough to access because on the one hand he's a DC who has won two superbowls and he hasn't had the greatest collection of talent in KC to work with. But on the other hand his defenses perform in spurts. They'll have a purple patch every year where they look decent but against top oppostion reality sets in. With the coming schedule the defense should be looking to finish strong and get a top 15 ranking and around 19-20 ppg given up. But everything will come down to the playoffs and how Spags performs. We reach another SB he won't be in danger..but if the defense fails then Andy and Veach would be a foolish if they didn't consider getting Fangio and pouring tons of assets into finally building a top defense for Pat.

I'm more concerned about our left and right Tackles right now than our defense and I like Spags. We do need a DE but I'd prioritize protecting our Franchize we can always win in shootouts. Our secondary should start taking the ball away giving us extra drives. We need to force more turnovers.
[Reply]
TEX 03:32 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'm more concerned about our left and right Tackles right now than our defense and I like Spags. We do need a DE but I'd prioritize protecting our Franchize we can always win in shootouts. Our secondary should start taking the ball away giving us extra drives. We need to force more turnovers.
Exactly. Protect the Franchise.
[Reply]
TEX 03:37 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
We only have two sure tackles in our back 7... Bolton and Sneed. Everyone else is hit or miss.

Thornhill and Reid were missing tackles yesterday at a ridiculous level.
Yep...Thornhill and Reid miss a lot of tackles all the time. Especially Reid.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:42 AM 12-06-2022
Can't wait for Cook to get more playing time and less Thornhill. Donks game would be perfect to play more Cook.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:47 AM 12-06-2022
Mcduffie basically shut Jamaar Chase down all game long so what does Spags do?? He leaves him one on one with Williams. I don’t get it… Bolton played passive as well. Las year it was Mahomes turning into somebody we’ve never seen before now it’s Bolton??
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:21 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Mcduffie basically shut Jamaar Chase down all game long so what does Spags do?? He leaves him one on one with Williams. I don’t get it… Bolton played passive as well. Las year it was Mahomes turning into somebody we’ve never seen before now it’s Bolton??
I don't think we flip sides with the corners. I expect that is because they're rookies and it's easier to get accustomed to one set of movements.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:29 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Spags is a tough to access because on the one hand he's a DC who has won two superbowls and he hasn't had the greatest collection of talent in KC to work with. But on the other hand his defenses perform in spurts. They'll have a purple patch every year where they look decent but against top oppostion reality sets in. With the coming schedule the defense should be looking to finish strong and get a top 15 ranking and around 19-20 ppg given up. But everything will come down to the playoffs and how Spags performs. We reach another SB he won't be in danger..but if the defense fails then Andy and Veach would be a foolish if they didn't consider getting Fangio and pouring tons of assets into finally building a top defense for Pat.

With the salary cap I would focus on maintaining unstoppable offense.

Get 2 very good pass-rushers, 1 top corner and 1 top safety on D and fill in the rest as cheaply as possible.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:43 PM 12-11-2022
Okay, look, I usually don't fuck around with bashing our coordinators because I know how hard of a job it is...

BUT WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT, STEVE?

20 YARD CUSHIONS ON THEIR FUCKING WRS????

YOU NEED TO BE SLAPPED WITH A FUCKING COCK
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:50 PM 12-11-2022
I'm done with him, he fucking sucks
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:55 PM 12-11-2022
oh come on now. Rookie CBs could not be to blame at all. That 2cd TD to a wide open WR was on McDuffie 100%.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:02 PM 12-11-2022
Jesus fuck.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:02 PM 12-11-2022
Getting clowned by one of the worst offenses in the modern era.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:03 PM 12-11-2022
21 points in 5 minutes to the worst offense in football..
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:04 PM 12-11-2022
People love spags on CP for some reason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:06 PM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
People love spags on CP for some reason.
It's more resignation that Andy is going to stick with his guys and hoping Spags can simply give us an "average" defense that does what it needs to do in big spots.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 324
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270271277317 > Last »
Up