ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 324
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
JakeF 04:15 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Dumbest take ever.

Ford is worth a 1st
If we can get a 1st+ for Ford then we should keep Houston and trade Ford. Houston will be a quality DE in a 4-3 defense and i'm not sure Ford fits.

We can also experiment and see who works best on the opposite DE from Houston. I want them to move Chris Jones around ala Neil Smith. His athleticism and quickness should allow him to attack OTs without being a weakness against the run. Then we can put Williams at NT and Nnadi at the 3-tech for a stout interior run defense.

Houston,Williams,Nnadi,Jones or Houston,Nnadi,Jones,Speaks
Niemann , Hitchen , O'Daniel
Ward, Berry , Lucas , Fuller (Nickle - Nelson in, Fuller to slot)

When Jones is at DE the Defensive line should be able to rush the passer and stop the run. That protects our linebackers and let our safeties maintain their depth and help more effectively against the pass.

Niemann will probably need to be replaced at SSLB, although if Scott Fujita could do it, maybe Niemann can too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well for one, with all the money to be had out there in free agency, I don't know really how far his 15 mil will go. It could be a couple guys for sure, but you get into unknown players there.

Secondly, one thing I think you're overlooking a bit is just how "injured" he has been or would have to be to miss a game. Since he's going to be playing for a big deal again, I would imagine he'd be a little more likely to play thru some things where as he hasnt' in the past.
He missed the combine as a potential first round pick because he wasn't able to run.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:21 PM 02-19-2019
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...-franchise-tag

“I wouldn’t mind it,” Ford said. “We’re working toward removing the franchise tag in the future. A long-term deal is more suitable, especially [since] this is a 100-percent-guaranteed-injury industry. So we want to move toward that soon, but no one’s tripping about a franchise tag.”

Dee expects to be injured in the near future.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:33 PM 02-19-2019
One Dee Ford is worth more than two average defensive backs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:37 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If he isn't available due to injury he then becomes irrelevant
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:37 PM 02-19-2019
About 25% of the time, that is.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:38 PM 02-19-2019
Healthy? Maybe. But are they willing to bet on that?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:37 PM 02-19-2019

Chiefs unveil full defensive staff:
Steve Spagnuolo – Coordinator
Brendan Daly – Run Game/Line
Matt House – Linebackers
Dave Merritt – Def Backs
Sam Madison – Def Backs/Corners
Britt Reid – LBs/OLBs
Terry Bradden – Def Quality Control
Alex Whittingham – Def Asst

— Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) February 19, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:40 PM 02-19-2019
Nice to see them getting britt some more experience
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:40 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And let's stop calling Ford a 13-sacks guy.

His career average is actually 6.1 sacks per season. One good season does not a career make.
( insert fireworks )

Well let's be honest, ford was having a great year the season before before he got hurt.

He's worth more than a cut or just letting him walk. Especially when you hold the cards
You think you're getting a first with that injury history? My motherfucking ass you will.

Like.

Fuck.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:43 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
( insert fireworks )

You think you're getting a first with that injury history? My motherfucking ass you will.

Like.

Fuck.
I think i'm not going to base my opinion on a guy who doesn't even watch football's take...

The raiders got 2 1sts for mack and ford was right there statistically last year. But you wouldn't know that, right?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:45 PM 02-19-2019
Dee Ford had more tackles, more sacks, more ff, and more pressures than mack had last year.

Fuck yes he's worth a 1st.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:47 PM 02-19-2019
If he's worth more than Mack then we should keep him.

How many people here roasted Oakland for trading Mack? Even for two first rounders? Then laughed as John said pass rushers are hard to find?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 PM 02-19-2019
Dee Ford had more tackles, more sacks, more ff, and more pressures than mack had last year.

Fuck yes he's worth a 1st.
Not when you have to pay him and he has an injury history. Absolutely no chance that happens.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 PM 02-19-2019
If he's worth more than Mack then we should keep him.

How many people here roasted Oakland for trading Mack? Even for two first rounders? Then laughed as John said pass rushers are hard to find?

Not me. I saw that The Raiders suck, and were going to rebuild, and in that case, if you can get a haul like that for a guy you take it.

The fucking Raiders should own the next two drafts.

I still think Chucky's crazy, but he's loading up #1's. If you're shit, you know you're shit, why the hell not? They're going to get good in a hurry
[Reply]
Page 166 of 324
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up