Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 05-18-2022

[Reply]
RunKC 09:27 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
#Thanoswasright
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:33 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
You can say it is silly AF but the writers and actors believe they are fighting injustice via this show. It is not silly to them.
Like I, or anyone else with a serious brain, care one shit about that.

I only judge shows on if I enjoy them or not. Messages or causes just don't bother me as I know who I am.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:36 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There are a couple of things that don't get mentioned enough regarding 'woke narratives.' And I think they are important because they change the entire dynamic of the discussion.

As a prelude, my overall take is that it's entertainment, enjoy it or don't and ignore people telling you to enjoy things you don't as well as avoiding telling others not to enjoy things they do. It's YOUR leisure time.

But first, it's not so much outrage that certain narratives exist, or certain casting choices are made, in and of themselves, that's the problem. It's the purposeful effort by the creators. Again, it's your leisure time, and creators should be balancing expressing themselves creatively and filling your entertainment desires. But in the realm of 'woke' purposefulness, creators are pointedly and explicitly taking on the unbidden task of ecumenicalism, teaching, preaching, sermonizing, etc. . . . It's not the 'outrage' that these choices HAPPEN to pop up in stories, it's the insult that creatives think it's their duty to put those choices in their stories to message you the leisure consumer.

Second, and more directly responsive to your admonition about overseriousness, it's not so much how seriously you or I might take the storylines. It's how seriously others take it and fold it into their fundamental ethos. There are many things I've seen over the years that I took as a poignant but lighthearted or superficial points made in entertainment media, only to see people thereafter with a worldview that takes those points as fundamental and unquestionable.

It feels like a swindle of some sort when you see a message that you have a valid critique of, but you are dissuaded from voicing it, not because your criticism is invalid, but because you need to lighten up, . . . Then you find yourself debating people who take the message as literal gospel because they've never seen it critiqued.
Pudding brained people are going to pudding brain regardless of if a TV show or movie preaches what ever hair brained thing the creator thinks needs promoted.

She-Hulk is much less of the crap people are complaining about than a lot of other shows, and the bits are pretty damn mild, and in case y'all missed it, at times poke fun at the woke bits themselves.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:52 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Pretty much every Disney property is just a way to pump out shit product, right now. Even Pixar hasn't been immune to it. But at least reading people reviewing the stuff is one way to know who's takes you can ignore on this stuff in the future.
I can honestly say I enjoy disagreeing with people on this thread more than Disney's current products.

That can be taken as a compliment to the great football fans in here or as a whopping insult to Disney...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:12 PM 09-09-2022
That.....was rather boring.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:28 PM 09-09-2022
I assume that the people following this series eat up every Marvel series, right? Not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Haven’t seen many of them. I tried the first episode and I don’t think I can do it. Especially after watching Daredevil recently.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:23 AM 09-10-2022
I've never seen a Marvel anything. I just the writing quality is so high on she hulk I say #1 show of all time!!
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:16 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I assume that the people following this series eat up every Marvel series, right? Not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Haven’t seen many of them. I tried the first episode and I don’t think I can do it. Especially after watching Daredevil recently.
Its been meh so far. They kinda butchered Jen's character. Jen likes being She-Hulk.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:20 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Its been meh so far. They kinda butchered Jen's character. Jen likes being She-Hulk.
I feel like they've kept it relatively faithful to her comics, but it just isn't translating to live action all that well for whatever reason.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:16 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Incorrect. Most of the Disney Marvel series have been trash.

I'm enjoying this series quite a lot. I think it is funny as hell.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:22 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like they've kept it relatively faithful to her comics, but it just isn't translating to live action all that well for whatever reason.
Benedict Wong is saving the show. He has good comedic timing and facial expressions.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:45 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

I've had a few chuckles at it.

Loki was maybe my favorite so far with WandaVision right behind (maybe flip-flop the two depending on my mood), and She-Hulk is likely behind those two. Falcon and Winter Soldier was crap unfortunately, Hawkeye was just ok, and Ms. Marvel was unwatchable for me.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:19 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I think it's pretty clear at this point her character arc is learning to like being She-Hulk. She's moved in that direction as the show has gone on.

Like set aside the twerking for a minute, what's the point of that scene? It's Jen enjoying the benefits of being She-Hulk. Being She-Hulk is allowing Jen to hang out with a celebrity she's a fan of.

It seems like a lot of people don't get that this is a sitcom. It's meant to be funny, not epic.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:21 PM 09-10-2022
I'll repeat myself - is there any better way to bring Deadpool into the MCU than this show with the way she breaks the fourth wall?

Well, there probably really is, but I'd still like to see it. Lol
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:29 PM 09-10-2022

I gave Moon Knight a try but it seemed pretty lame.

Wandavision seems like it could be interesting.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up