ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Hoover 05:09 PM 03-12-2023
I just saw Veach down at the Price Chopper buying apples.

He said this was all BS.

Texans have picks, 2, 12, and 33

Seriously why in the F would they want pick 31?

Now if it was me, I'd skip taking a QB this season. Better QBs next year and you are probably still going to suck, so maybe getting future 1st round picks is more interesting to them.

Chiefs send 31 and something else for Tunsil and next years 1? Who knows.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:34 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I just saw Veach down at the Price Chopper buying apples.

He said this was all BS.

Texans have picks, 2, 12, and 33

Seriously why in the F would they want pick 31?

Now if it was me, I'd skip taking a QB this season. Better QBs next year and you are probably still going to suck, so maybe getting future 1st round picks is more interesting to them.

Chiefs send 31 and something else for Tunsil and next years 1? Who knows.
Yeah. The usual suggestion that they might be loading up to move up in the first obviously doesn’t apply when you’ve got the #2. And unless they are going after Lamar the QB market is settled.

It wouldn’t make sense to me to trade away a bookend LT if you’re drafting QB at the top of the first, but what do I know.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:02 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yeah. The usual suggestion that they might be loading up to move up in the first obviously doesn’t apply when you’ve got the #2. And unless they are going after Lamar the QB market is settled.

It wouldn’t make sense to me to trade away a bookend LT if you’re drafting QB at the top of the first, but what do I know.
For a team as raw as they are, it wouldn't be beyond reason to move Tunsil for a 2nd this year and 1st next from KC as it might give them some liberty to move around the draft.

Take your QBotF at #2 then try to trade up from #12 to #10 with your 4th-round pick to grab your LTotF. Take an ER at #33 then use KC's pick and one of your 3rds to go up for a WR in the 2nd but modest enough to get a 4th-round kickback. Try to snag a DL in the 3rd. I think that goes a long way toward building a respectable base.

Next year you have three picks in the 1st, you could probably kick one of those down the road another year by moving it if you want to keep the 2 1sts train going much like Philly did last year.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:35 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
For a team as raw as they are, it wouldn't be beyond reason to move Tunsil for a 2nd this year and 1st next from KC as it might give them some liberty to move around the draft.

Take your QBotF at #2 then try to trade up from #12 to #10 with your 4th-round pick to grab your LTotF. Take an ER at #33 then use KC's pick and one of your 3rds to go up for a WR in the 2nd but modest enough to get a 4th-round kickback. Try to snag a DL in the 3rd. I think that goes a long way toward building a respectable base.

Next year you have three picks in the 1st, you could probably kick one of those down the road another year by moving it if you want to keep the 2 1sts train going much like Philly did last year.
We'd have to use our 3rd and get a low 5th high 6th back. That's the trade value on the chart anyways. Not good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:11 PM 03-12-2023
Tunsil is an absolute upgrade over Brown BTW
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:59 PM 03-12-2023
Keeping Mahomes healthy and prolonging his career is ALWAYS worth it. Screw it do whatever it takes to grab Tunsil. Tunsil, Thuney and Humphrey covering Mahomes' blindside? Mahomes might throw for 6,000+ dead serious. He will absolutely sit back there and tear defenses asses apart.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:51 PM 03-12-2023
doubt this is more than a pipe dream, but if HOU would take our 31st pick for Tunsil, Veach should do that deal instantaneously and run away as fast as possible before HOU tries to take it back, lol. Maybe the best pass-pro LT in the NFL for the 31st pick? Man, I wish Billy was still their GM.
[Reply]
wazu 06:52 PM 03-12-2023
I cannot talk myself into any convoluted reasoning that might drive the Texans to be willing to trade Tunsil. Tons of cap room. New hopefully franchise QB starting this fall. They'd be nuts.
[Reply]
O.city 06:56 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I cannot talk myself into any convoluted reasoning that might drive the Texans to be willing to trade Tunsil. Tons of cap room. New hopefully franchise QB starting this fall. They'd be nuts.
If Tunsil doesn’t wanna sign an extension.
[Reply]
wazu 07:11 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Tunsil doesn’t wanna sign an extension.
Make him a big enough offer and he'll sign.
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 PM 03-12-2023
Make him a big enough offer and he'll sign.
He’s said he wants to be the highest paid LT

I’m assuming they’ll do that but if they could trade him, take a rookie qb and a rookie LT they like it would help their window
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:58 PM 03-12-2023
Well, it is HOU we're talking about. It's not like it'd be a huge stretch as far as boneheaded decisions they've made over the last 5-6 years. Technically, it wouldn't even be the worst decision they've ever made.
[Reply]
wazu 07:12 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, it is HOU we're talking about. It's not like it'd be a huge stretch as far as boneheaded decisions they've made over the last 5-6 years. Technically, it wouldn't even be the worst decision they've ever made.
Yeah, but Easterby is gone now, and General Manager Bill O'Brien is long gone. They have seemed a lot less meth-heady lately in the way they operate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 03-12-2023
Yeah, but Easterby is gone now, and General Manager Bill O'Brien is long gone. They have seemed a lot less meth-heady lately in the way they operate.
Yeah, but what if Billy left a bag of meth in his desk? I mean, we can hope, right?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:55 PM 03-12-2023
Also I would really hope Clark Hunt isn’t dumb enough to pass on securing Patrick Mahomes’ left tackle of the future just because he wants to have a first round pick in the KC draft.

Fortunately I don’t believe he’s that dumb and I believe he would find the value of protecting his number one asset higher than getting some cheers from the home crowd on draft night.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up