ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Brisco (AES on 810, Time's Ours) in the ICU
suzzer99 04:42 PM 09-22-2021

Asking for prayer for my 26 year-old son Joshua, this morning his girlfriend took him to the ER and he is currently in ICU, he’s delirious and had to be restrained, no clue yet what’s going on. Just took my wife to the airport to fly to Kansas City to be with him.

— Brad Brisco (@bradleybrisco) September 22, 2021

Apparently Joshua Brisco (of the Times Ours podcast and 810 radio) is not doing well. I really like this dude. I hope he pulls through ok.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:30 AM 09-24-2021
Probably caused by all of the Magic Spoon cereal he eats! :-)

J/K
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Probably caused by all of the Magic Spoon cereal he eats! :-)

J/K
Have you eaten that cereal? Hear it advertised, wondering if its any good?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t listen to radio. But, I’ve liked the Times ours podcast since Mom told me about it. Now that tweet is making the rounds. He already wrote for Sports Illustrated sometimes. Just from what I’ve heard on the podcast, He’d be a helluva lot better than Petro to listen to.
I like him well enough - but he's a pretty poor writer. And from an analysis standpoint I've always found him something of a surface level lightweight.

He's not the blatant homer that Seth is, but I've never found myself pulling any substance from him either. Seth provides interesting information before he goes about spinning it in a light most positive to the Chiefs. Josh is just kinda...there.

But again - seems like a good dude and ultimately he's more host than analyst in these situations. So his roll is mostly point guard for Nate and Seth (or his guests on the radio) rather than scorer. So it stands to reason that he won't get in the weeds too often.

Tough break for him long-term but in the near term it sounds like he should be just fine, so that's good news.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:49 AM 09-24-2021
It’s fairly legit for what it is. I’m a fan of mixing the chocolate and peanut butter together.
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:47 AM 09-24-2021
No, I have not tried it. But he sure gushes on Times Ours during those ads. Of course, that is what he is paid to do.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:59 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It’s fairly legit for what it is. I’m a fan of mixing the chocolate and peanut butter together.
My biggest knock on it is the weak packaging. Think 30% air ala a bag of Lays potato chips. I could kill a box in 3 servings.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:05 AM 09-24-2021
No, I have not tried it. But he sure gushes on Times Ours during those ads. Of course, that is what he is paid to do.
If you have a subscription to the Athletic you can listen on the browser and skip the ads. It might also work for the one free episode they do per week even if you don't have a subscription. If they're still doing that.
[Reply]
scho63 10:13 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The friend I mentioned above just got a kidney and pancreas transplant, which means she's not diabetic anymore.
This is news to me - unless this just changed in the last 30 days, it was my understanding that the only organ that could NOT be transplanted was the pancreas. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:19 AM 09-24-2021
I haven't talked to her since she's been in recovery but it was a kidney and pancreas transplant at the same time.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1830202-overview

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...c/pcc-20384786
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:22 AM 09-24-2021
If you have a subscription to the Athletic you can listen on the browser and skip the ads. It might also work for the one free episode they do per week even if you don't have a subscription. If they're still doing that.
I do and I have. But I often listen in the car and the Athletic app does not play well. It freezes at least a couple of times during a 1 hour long podcast. So, I listen through Spotify most weeks and deal with the increasing number of ads.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:23 AM 09-24-2021
I do and I have. But I often listen in the car and the Athletic app does not play well. It freezes at least a couple of times during a 1 hour long podcast. So, I listen through Spotify most weeks and deal with the increasing number of ads.
I use Android Auto in my car, and the Athletic app doesn't work, so I'm forced to use other apps. Thankfully, it's pretty easy to skip through the ads since they put them in a giant, 5-minute chunk in the middle.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:25 AM 09-24-2021
Edit: just noticed this said the Athletic app. The instructions below are for using Safari on iOS.

Yeah you have refresh, then get really good at clicking back in at the exact spot where it freezes up. Use the Force.

I think if you immediately put the phone on lock screen and don't touch any other apps it's less likely to freeze up.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:26 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I use Android Auto in my car, and the Athletic app doesn't work, so I'm forced to use other apps. Thankfully, it's pretty easy to skip through the ads since they put them in a giant, 5-minute chunk in the middle.
I use the browser on iPhone. Might work on Android.
[Reply]
scho63 10:53 AM 09-24-2021
I haven't talked to her since she's been in recovery but it was a kidney and pancreas transplant at the same time.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1830202-overview

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...c/pcc-20384786
Just learned something new! :-)

In a pancreas transplant, your own pancreas remains in your body. The surgeon generally connects the new pancreas to your intestines so its digestive juices can drain. After a successful transplant, you'll no longer need to take insulin. Instead, the new pancreas will create insulin for you.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:53 AM 09-24-2021
I do appreciate them putting the adds in the massive block in the middle, and Briscoes changing tone from professional add reader to guy crying about first round running backs.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up