ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 140
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
FAX 11:21 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3yKkXU2Uhw

I choose violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWBHp7IdWZs
Amen.

Bust through the line like a froze dragon.

Squeeze the QB's head like a Naath orange.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 11:22 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What in gods name???? That's not even slightly comical.
Never trust ESPN. Ever.

They are Satan's deformed, ginger midgets.

FAX
[Reply]
WV 11:23 PM 04-23-2019
I disliked this trade at first glance as well, but I think Veach did a pretty good job in the end. I wish the compensation were less, but you have to pay to play as Fax said.
We lost pass rushers with Houston and Ford, but they didn't and wouldn't fit Spags scheme. With Clark we got younger, better, and a multi year starter that is widely regarded as a stud pass rusher. As others have said we weren't getting this kind of impact from pick 29.
Now if Breeland and/or Mathieu don't pan out then I'm sure everyone will still blow a gasket, but I still kind of like this trade for now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've had time to cool off a bit. He is a great player.

But it's still a bad deal.

And I think some people are justifying it by saying, "FUCK IT, LET'S GO ALL IN JUST LIKE THE ROYALS!" The Royals saw an opening where they were close and acquired players to put them over the top. This defense is still at ground zero, where the only great pieces we really know about are Jones, Fuller, and Mathieu (a guy we had to pay through the nose in free agency). Yeah, there are other good players and potential gems littered throughout, but there are also 2 or 3 glaring weak spots and possibly more.

I just don't think the defense is going to make the leap people are expecting with this acquisition. I look at this defense and I still see plenty of holes and weaknesses that can be easily exploited.

Did we actually secure a defense that can actually be just good enough so that our offense can outscore everybody? I'm honestly not sure about that. I have way more hope for our change in defensive coaching staff and scheme accomplishing that goal than I do specifically filling one of those holes with Frank Clark.
so you still think we could have got a more impactful player in the next two years before Mahomes rookie deal and the CBA is up? Pick 29? Really?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Speaks better be showing something this year. Ogbah may not even make this squad.
He might not. Or he might flourish under different/better coaching.

Same with Speaks and...yes, Kpass.

If they're all solid rotational players and one or two spark, we're going to be pretty damned tough up front.
[Reply]
FAX 11:35 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I don’t have any problem with his play. I don’t like adding another possible problem child off the field.
A very understandable, sensible, and cogent point, Mr. Rausch.

On the other hand, when a player is being nagged half to death every single, damn night by some mouthy bitch, would you rather he suffer through the distraction or put a quick stop to the behavior so he can focus entirely on football?

It could be argued that a true professional would opt for the second approach.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 11:38 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You are correct. And yet, we still did not draft him.

Maybe you can help me out with this:

All I heard for weeks, no months, was that we needed to draft well and load up on cheap good labor while Mahomes was still cheap because when it was time to pay him, it would be very hard to do that while paying out several large contracts.

Now the plan is to avoid drafting and spend like a drunken sailor on outside acquisitions, basically putting us financially where we were when we started?

CP needs medication of the psychotropic variety very badly it seems.
In.

FAX
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This place is going to be a real riot after Veach trades both 2's to get back into the first.
I don't mind.

If it's for a difference maker. If it's for a Center or something, I'm going to raise an eyebrow.

This is a pretty solid squad right now.
[Reply]
FAX 11:42 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nope. Don't remember him even having a visit.
Dallas, you vapid testudine.

If you don't know the facts, it's advisable to keep your beak shut and your head tucked inside your concha.

FAX
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:42 PM 04-23-2019
I've had time to cool off a bit. He is a great player.

But it's still a bad deal.

And I think some people are justifying it by saying, "**** IT, LET'S GO ALL IN JUST LIKE THE ROYALS!" The Royals saw an opening where they were close and acquired players to put them over the top. This defense is still at ground zero, where the only great pieces we really know about are Jones, Fuller, and Mathieu (a guy we had to pay through the nose in free agency). Yeah, there are other good players and potential gems littered throughout, but there are also 2 or 3 glaring weak spots and possibly more.

I just don't think the defense is going to make the leap people are expecting with this acquisition. I look at this defense and I still see plenty of holes and weaknesses that can be easily exploited.

Did we actually secure a defense that can actually be just good enough so that our offense can outscore everybody? I'm honestly not sure about that. I have way more hope for our change in defensive coaching staff and scheme accomplishing that goal than I do specifically filling one of those holes with Frank Clark.
I think you're being overly skeptical. Only time will tell, of course, but I think Honey Badger and Clark are part of not only a complete schematic overhaul, and a personnel overhaul, but more importantly a culture overhaul.

Clark plays like a rabid ****ing dog. That's contagious. Honey Badger has that name for a reason. This is part of a sea change.
[Reply]
FAX 11:57 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think you're being overly skeptical. Only time will tell, of course, but I think Honey Badger and Clark are part of not only a complete schematic overhaul, and a personnel overhaul, but more importantly a culture overhaul.

Clark plays like a rabid ****ing dog. That's contagious. Honey Badger has that name for a reason. This is part of a sea change.
To that point, guys like Mad Dog Frank can have a net-positive effect on guys like Speaks. That factor should be considered, IMO.

But the part I'm honestly most enthusiastic about is Mad Dog's quick feet, violent hands, and lateral movement. In the New NFL, classic edge guys are devalued whereas dudes who can run a twist or a stunt, move laterally through trash for 2 gaps, and still reach the backfield with bad intent in <2.5 seconds are golden.

FAX
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:59 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so you still think we could have got a more impactful player in the next two years before Mahomes rookie deal and the CBA is up? Pick 29? Really?
I think in this draft and the next offseason + draft we could have built up a cheaper, more balanced and effective defense. And I think we'd be in a much better position when it comes time to putting the Mahomes extension on the books.

I don't give a shit about individual players. I'm tired of doing that. I'm tired of going into training camp and counting the impactful players on defense and going, "Hey, this looks great!" and then getting to the regular season only to have the unit play like dogshit.

I don't give a shit about individual studs. I just want a better fucking defense. And paying a QB AND a passrusher AND our DT AND a free agent safety like Honey Badger leaves little room for your corners, linebackers, and depth. I look at a unit like that in the future and I instantly think Peyton Manning's Colts defenses where it was Dwight Freeney and a bag of dicks.

I don't want our defense to turn into that. I don't want Patrick Mahomes, his killer offense, and a defense made up of Frank Clark and a bag of dicks.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:59 PM 04-23-2019
Hopefully that 2nd round pick is #64...essentially a 3rd.

Clark is what you hope your #29 pick ultimately becomes....Chiefs didn't have time to wait.

If KC can make this all work financially and still keep Jones and Hill...I dont really care about how much he costs. If they have to blow it up in a few years...they still have Mahomes. He trumps everything...the entire game changed with him...and Brady will be gone.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:06 AM 04-24-2019
I've been watching the dude's highlights and I personally love this move. He's like a miniaturized Aaron Donald. Smaller, not quite as powerful, but just as relentless and ferocious. Our defence is better with Frank Clark.
[Reply]
FAX 12:11 AM 04-24-2019
I think in this draft and the next offseason + draft we could have built up a cheaper, more balanced and effective defense. And I think we'd be in a much better position when it comes time to putting the Mahomes extension on the books.

I don't give a shit about individual players. I'm tired of doing that. I'm tired of going into training camp and counting the impactful players on defense and going, "Hey, this looks great!" and then getting to the regular season only to have the unit play like dogshit.

I don't give a shit about individual studs. I just want a better ****ing defense. And paying a QB AND a passrusher AND our DT AND a free agent safety like Honey Badger leaves little room for your corners, linebackers, and depth. I look at a unit like that in the future and I instantly think Peyton Manning's Colts defenses where it was Dwight Freeney and a bag of dicks.

I don't want our defense to turn into that. I don't want Patrick Mahomes, his killer offense, and a defense made up of Frank Clark and a bag of dicks.
A bolded truth.

Been there. Done that. We've had probably 70% of our defensive cap allocation tied up in two washed-up vets for a couple of years. (I don't know the actual percentage ... that's just a wild guess.) And when those guys are not impacting (or even playing), the drop-off to the second tier was Thelma & Louise highlight level.

That's not how you maintain a consistently winning franchise in my worldview.

But, it's also worth remembering that we've experienced a dramatic overhaul of the defensive coaching staff. That's a change that fosters a sense of encouragement and hope. Sadly, I fear that Sutton confused bag-o-dicks with impending victory.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 95 of 140
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up