ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 270
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:22 PM 03-01-2023
For a 3rd and a pick and him on his current contract or a reworked beneficial one I’d absolutely do it in a heart beat. It would instantly mean Mahomes running for less 3rd downs, ease the strain of kelce pitch count and keep Mahomes from having to make chicken salad out of chicken shit so often. Yes I know he can, but Rodgers could once upon a time an I bet the packers wish they gave him some help at this point.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:22 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We had the number one offense in football. If you want to spend money on the offense, spend it on protecting Mahomes. Otherwise, spend it on pass rushers and keeping the good young talent we have that won us a Super Bowl and have us poised to seriously threaten to repeat.

Draft and develop our own.
This current run of the team isn't gonna last forever...let's gets real here, Kelce has limited time left.

This is a chance to strike to possibly grab 2 more SBs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:25 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This current run of the team isn't gonna last forever...let's gets real here, Kelce has limited time left.

You have a GM that just landed serious plus contributions from 7 rookies. We have TWELVE picks in this draft.

The answer is not to go spend #20m on an over 30 WR.

The difference Hopkins makes is not worth that chunk of change.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:27 PM 03-01-2023

With D Hop- the Chiefs could 3 peat. Be the best team in NFL history. Yep, that is worth a 3rd rounder. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s not impossible to play defense in the modern game. Belichick shutdown a pretty good Rams offense for only 3 points in the Super Bowl a few years ago. The Bengals defense has never given up more than 23-24 points in 7 playoff games the last 2 seasons. Cincy held Josh Allen to 10 points and they’ve consistently held the KC offense below 25 points. KC defense gave up 36 to Buffalo last year and 35 to Philly this year. I don’t believe it’s a sustainable approach to winning.
The team LAR put on the field in that first SB vs. NE wasn't even the same team we faced earlier that season. Their running game completely tanked when Gurley's knee or whatever went arthritic, and their whole offense was predicated on that run game. Once it became the Goff show, bill just overwhelmed him.

Sidenote: And that was the worst SB in my memory. Could not have been a more boring shitshow from just a football perspective. I would gladly sacrifice my left nut to not ever watch a Chiefs' team score just 13 points in a SB.

CIN's defense didn't win them a SB last year.

Our defense last year vs. BUF was too old and too slow. That's been addressed. And will continue to be addressed. The unit we put on the field next season will be a top-10 squad, barring injuries, and they'll start the year fast.

And what does Andy always say? "Keep firing. Just keep firing, boys!"

Let's give him some ammo for those guns, I say.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:27 PM 03-01-2023
No to DHop! He is not the answer. Nothing to see, move along. We have other needs for this team to address before considering a FA at this point in time.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:28 PM 03-01-2023

To quote the arrogant Joe Burrow, “The window is Patrick Mahomes’ entire career.” Veach needs to build a balanced roster and don’t throw away the future in hopes of short-term gain, especially with expensive veterans who might not even stay healthy.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:28 PM 03-01-2023
From a fan perspective we haven't talked about the fact that Mahomes is at the peak of his aging curve. This is prime Mahomes right now. Throw in Kelce nearing the end of being elite and Andy's uncertain duration.

Let's not waste this very unique two year window without Pat having a first tier weapon on the outside, whether it's Dhop or someone else.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:31 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
From a fan perspective we haven't talked about the fact that Mahomes is at the peak of his aging curve. This is prime Mahomes right now. Throw in Kelce nearing the end of being elite and Andy's uncertain duration.

Let's not waste this very unique two year window without Pat having a first tier weapon on the outside, whether it's Dhop or someone else.
Who's wasting what?

We just won the fucking Super Bowl for fuckssake.

Veach laid the foundation for the next group of stars, and we've got 12 picks to move around in this draft.

Buying someone else's over the hill, expensive players is not the way.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:45 PM 03-01-2023
Who's wasting what?

We just won the ****ing Super Bowl for ****ssake.

Veach laid the foundation for the next group of stars, and we've got 12 picks to move around in this draft.

D Hop is not over the hill...yet. He would fit perfectly into this offense. He and Kelce would gut the middle on teams. He would also help our pitiful 3rd and 1 conversion rate.

Snap, Mahomes instantly throws to D Hop, he falls forward for the 1st down.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:47 PM 03-01-2023
Who's wasting what?

We just won the ****ing Super Bowl for ****ssake.

Burrow and Hurts have two guys, plus quality TEs. Allen has Diggs. I want to see Pat and Andy at full strength again, and not having to game plan and scramble around the lack of a #1 wideout. That they got done what they did with these receivers blows my mind.
[Reply]
In58men 08:52 PM 03-01-2023
I’m sure Veach doesn’t mind paying for a guy who can come in right away making an immediate impact. It’s smarter than drafting an unproven rookie in my opinion. The transition from college to the NFL would seem more of a gamble when there’s a proven WR in D-Hop. I say be aggressive and go get Hopkins.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 PM 03-01-2023
You have a GM that just landed serious plus contributions from 7 rookies. We have TWELVE picks in this draft.

The answer is not to go spend #20m on an over 30 WR.

The difference Hopkins makes is not worth that chunk of change.
I don’t think they will have another draft like last years. Not because they aren’t great at what they do, odds are you just won’t get that again

So a single pick and money for a player isn’t out of the questions

Hopkins wouldn’t be my first choice
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:59 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
D Hop is not over the hill...yet. He would fit perfectly into this offense. He and Kelce would gut the middle on teams. He would also help our pitiful 3rd and 1 conversion rate.

Snap, Mahomes instantly throws to D Hop, he falls forward for the 1st down.
I'm not sure why D Hop is the only guy that could do that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 PM 03-01-2023
Everyone wants to “just draft and develop cheap players”

Yes. That’s ideal.

Team building isn’t ideal. If you can get a guy you think is an elite player for less than a premium, you do it
[Reply]
Page 11 of 270
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up