Tonight. FX. 9 PM Central.

I command you to watch.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:16 AM 08-23-2018
:-)

"That was amazing"
[Reply]
Dayze 08:50 AM 08-23-2018
I sense that there's a theme where maybe Mac finally get's swole / super strong. he looked pretty cut up; and,....in two instances lifted up a person off of the ground.

good to see some Artimis. She cracks me up.
[Reply]
bowener 09:51 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I sense that there's a theme where maybe Mac finally get's swole / super strong. he looked pretty cut up; and,....in two instances lifted up a person off of the ground.

good to see some Artimis. She cracks me up.
I'm hoping a theme is how much Dennis fucked them all over all the time, and while he is away they have all been better off.

Mac being fucking shredded is going to be great.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 10:19 AM 08-23-2018
Im thinking this could be the final season, or preping for big finally. This season has much better production, One of the top sitcoms of all time!
[Reply]
Dayze 10:42 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Im thinking this could be the final season, or preping for big finally. This season has much better production, One of the top sitcoms of all time!
I think I read that is is, indeed, the final season.
[Reply]
scho63 11:35 AM 08-23-2018
I have NEVER watched one episode and I may be doing myself a disservice.

I think it maybe time to binge watch.

What is the general concept of this show? Is it like Arrested Development or other similar dark comedies?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:50 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:

What is the general concept of this show? Is it like Arrested Development or other similar dark comedies?
dude...I had 'heard ' about the show when it first came out. I watched maybe an episode or two, but then it just fell off my radar. I started watching about 6 months ago via re-runs

my god...what a fantastic show.

it's easily my favorite comedy on TV. at any given time, I probably have 30 episodes on my DVR. gets better each time I watch, and I always catch new things. Lots of meta humor going on.

essentially, just a show about a bunch of degenerates who pretty much ruin anyones lives they come into contact with.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:35 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:

It's dark, but not reminiscent of AD.

AD is all about crafting the story around puns and gags and lines that the writers find funny. It's a joke machine pretending to be a narrative.

If I had to come up with a comparison that I thought was most accurate, picture if Seinfeld was created by real White trash instead of smug Manhattanites.

The central conceit is still 'complain about little everyday irritations, don't give a shit about anything outside your group of friends, and never learn anything from experience.' But, every quirk is kicked up a notch. Every shortcoming is just a little more explicit and sleazy.

And usually, that's where the humor resides for the show. It 'tackles' the same subject matter everybody else does. But just when you think you've seen the most depraved, retarded, or outlandish take on the subject, the Sunny Crew comes along and does something more depraved, retarded or outlandish, . . . and yet it still makes a sort of sense.

If I had to pick one scene that you could watch without context that gives you an idea of the Always Sunny ethos, . . .

[Reply]
Dayze 12:41 PM 08-23-2018
yeah, that's a pretty much spot on description.

I also find it interesting, that Charlie is pretty much the only character that has remained prtty much the same as when the show started, more or less. Dee as well in some regard.

Mac, Dennis, and Frank have evolved quite a bit.
Dennis and Frank especially - though, it totally opposite directions.

I'd say in order of evolution, started with who evolved the most
Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

so much so that now, Charlie is 'sort of' the most normal of the group :-).
dumb as a bag of hammers, but "normal" in the IASIP world.
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:42 PM 08-23-2018

I also find it interesting, that Charlie is pretty much the only character that has remained prtty much the same as when the show started, more or less. Dee as well in some regard.

Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

The "Charlie Work" episode where he had to take charge of the group and prepare the bar for a building inspection was fantastic :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:56 PM 08-23-2018
if I recall, most of that episode of Charlie Work was basically filmed in one continuous shot. if not, it certainly felt like it.

Frank flushing his shoes and shirt because he gets nervous; rank painting himself in black paint and playing a recorder in the same key as the carbon monoxide detector and hiding in the basement.

The Joke Stool.

really good episode.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 09:48 PM 08-23-2018
if I recall, most of that episode of Charlie Work was basically filmed in one continuous shot. if not, it certainly felt like it.

Frank flushing his shoes and shirt because he gets nervous; rank painting himself in black paint and playing a recorder in the same key as the carbon monoxide detector and hiding in the basement.

The Joke Stool.

really good episode.
Yeah, it was a lot of continuous shots. That was probably my favorite episode of the series, but Charlie has always been my guy so it was good to see him take charge.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:02 PM 08-23-2018

Dennis
Frank
Mac
Dee
Charlie

I actually think he devolved at times. He started out somewhat normal but got crazier and more illiterate as time went on.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:41 PM 08-23-2018
I think Danny Devito added so much to the show. Maybe I'm being impartial, but I wonder if it would have lasted as long without him. "Who pooped the bed?" is my favorite episode.
[Reply]
scho63 06:57 AM 08-24-2018
I think I'm convinced......

I've binged watched so many shows the last 4-5 years on my computer with all the free sites, it's time to do the same with Always Sunny......

Thanks everyone for the details! :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 34
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up