ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 35
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:10 PM 05-15-2022
We really are a bunch of football dorks.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:27 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Is Veach really a wizard or does CP go over the top trying to predict his next move to the point that an alternative reality is painted up?
There are definitely people who try and see genius in every move. I don't think the point is that he makes no mistakes it's that he generally spots them and fixes then.

I think people are forgetting that last year he, like much of CP, thought Jarran Reed was still a good player and Jones at DE had us covered. That may have been Plan A, B or C but it was a bad one. But he went and fixed it with Ingram, an excellent move.

This year the plan has obviously been to fix the secondary first. I like it, as someone who thinks we've not prioritised it enough and that there's more than one way to build a defence.

I WAS expecting Ingram back however. He's a good player and would improve our DL. We'll have to see the contract and what he does next but this might be in the category of a mistake that gets fixed, or perhaps Karlaftis, Kaindoh etc are enough with a better secondary.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:51 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by austing24:
Dunlap? Clowney? JPP? Likely a few others via cuts throughout the offseason? And we have plenty of draft assets to trade if need be. Ingram doesn’t move the needle anymore than the aforementioned names, most of which will likely be the same cost.

Ingram isn’t that great. He just stood out last year because nobody on our defense played with any effort or intensity outside of him and Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clowney perhaps but he'll be pricier I bet. All those had worse PFF grades across the board. Dunlap is fine, JPP is completely washed. You won't get as many pressures with Clowney. It's a trade now if we want to improve, unless we see another FA cut somewhere.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:56 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And that was the whole problem with the d-line!!..pressure with no sacks means absolutely nothing.
This is wrong. Pressure leads to mistakes for most QBs.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:00 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
And he CHOSE to let Ingram sign in Miami and not match the offer.

Veach said that after the OBJ deal is done he will have the resources to make a big move and that right now he only has the resources to make a small one.

Trust me when I say he’s not done at DE.
Pretty sure the Chiefs don’t get a chance to match offer with this type of UFA tag. This tag only gave the Chiefs exclusive rights to Ingram if he didn’t sign with another team by July 22nd. But, the tag also will give the Chiefs a comp pick most likely, depending on Ingram’s contract. Ingram was a one year rental that costs a 6th round draft pick, so hopefully the comp pick will at least be of similar value.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:12 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
FUCK HIM!!!!!!
HE IS DEAD TOO ME
[Reply]
JPH83 01:29 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
There are still 4-5 vet DEs that I’d love to have. 2-3 of them are upgrades to Ingram.

Dunlap
Clowney
Houston
Hicks

By trade there are a few, as well.

Let’s slow down and wait for the cake to be served before we complain about each ingredient choice. This is a 4Michelin star restaurant.
If we got Dunlap AND Hicks and both stay healthy we will have a better DL to start the year than last and possibly a better DL for the second half of the year as well. Will it be good? Maybe, if Karlaftis hits the ground running.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:15 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The most useless poster chimes in with another bad take. Shocker
I'd rather be seen as a "useless poster" than be a crying ass idiot who can't even get the facts right about a team you apparently "support: :-) .
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:17 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
This is wrong. Pressure leads to mistakes for most QBs.
We could barely sack Burrow who had one of the worst lines infront of him in playoff history. If you cannot get sacks the "pressure: will become futile in the end...period.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:21 AM 05-16-2022
I hadn't really looked around the league for trades because I just assumed that the Chiefs would sign Melvin Ingram.

It will be very interesting to see what his new Dolphins contract looks like.

Arizona Cardinals drafted DEs Cameron Thomas and Myjai Sanders in the 3rd round.

Markus Golden had a pretty good year for Cards with -
16 games, 11 sacks, 48 tackles, 10 TFL, and 19 QB hits, with 67% of Def snaps.

The Arizona Cardinals have the 3rd lowest cap space in the NFL and could save $3,235,294 by trading him.

He doesn't fit Brett Veach's requirement for youth at 31 years old. He is 6-3, 260, and played college ball at Missouri.

Dallas Cowboy DE Dorance Armstrong Jr., (former KU player) still only 24 years old.
Dorance is 6-4, 255 pounds, and in 2021 played in 13 games, 5 sacks, 37 tackles,3 TFL, 12 QB Hits

Marcus Davenport from the New Orleans Saints might be another possibility, but his past injuries concern and he has 4 voidable years on his contract. Not sure what you do with those in a trade.

Marcus is 6-6, 265 pounds, Age 25 and in 2021 played in 11 games, 9 sacks, 39 tackles, 9 TFL, 16 QB Hits, 3 FF.

I think Brett Veach will find a player that will fit the needs of the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:47 AM 05-16-2022
I know this might be reaching, but another older player (Age 32) that comes to mind is K.J Wright.

I know he has always played OLB for Seattle and LV, but some of his skills and experience might transfer over to being able to rush the QB.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:41 AM 05-16-2022
I wonder if we are all sleeping on Kaindoh a bit. I know he is labled a bust here already, mainly because of one play in his first game as a rookie vs Cleveland. But going back to his draft status, he tests off the charts. And he was on injured reserve nearly all season. I watched his college highlight video. Yes I know it is a highlight video. And he doesn't look all that much different in what he brings to the table than what Johnson From FSU did this year. Lots of similarities if you watch both of their FSU highlights videos. Here are "testing" results:

Josh Kaindoh is a DE prospect in the 2021 draft class. He scored a 9.57 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 59 out of 1361 DE from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/VZwdwr2pWR #RAS via @Mathbomb pic.twitter.com/Z8sNRMFUUt

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 12, 2021

His highlight video:

And Jermaine Johnson's highlight video

A lot of simalarities between the two. Maybe this is why we preferrd Karliftis to Johnson in this years draft. Give our 4th round pick last year and our 1st round pick this year a shot, and go from there.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:53 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We could barely sack Burrow who had one of the worst lines infront of him in playoff history. If you cannot get sacks the "pressure: will become futile in the end...period.
Yes, our DL was hopeless. Unless you think Clark, Danna, Reed, Nnadi or Wharton were better than Ingram I'm not really sure of the point. We had 2 functional players on the DL, one was Ingram.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:58 AM 05-16-2022
It'll be interesting to see what shakes out. Like many, I had kind of assumed Ingram would return.

If Veach doesn't do something fairly aggressive here it means the team is higher on Kaindoh and Herring than we've thought.

Maybe they know something we don't.
[Reply]
scho63 06:12 AM 05-16-2022
He was a nugget of corn in a pile of shit
[Reply]
Page 13 of 35
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up