ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 47
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
dmahurin 12:26 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
That was a really weird episode and not sure exactly why it was even made. Hopefully we can all move on from that which clearly was added to meet some sort of quota since zero part of that was in the game.
However it was cool to see the flour theory confirmed.
It was a change to the story that did not effect the outcome at all other than to tell another really great story and fleshed out a character we never got to from the games. It was awesome.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 12:51 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
It was a change to the story that did not effect the outcome at all other than to tell another really great story and fleshed out a character we never got to from the games. It was awesome.
I wouldn’t say awesome, don’t get me wrong it wasn’t bad, we had to skip forward on a few parts because the kids nor I needed to or even wanted to watch some of the scenes. It didn’t stay true to the game which is fine, however Bill’s compound was one of the better parts of the game.
I really did appreciate the prepper surviving the genocide followed by creating the compound.
Some good, some bad.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:30 AM 02-08-2023
I wouldn’t say awesome, don’t get me wrong it wasn’t bad, we had to skip forward on a few parts because the kids nor I needed to or even wanted to watch some of the scenes. It didn’t stay true to the game which is fine, however Bill’s compound was one of the better parts of the game.
I really did appreciate the prepper surviving the genocide followed by creating the compound.
Some good, some bad.
I know nothing about the game or what story arcs were in it. So, I don't know what is true to the game and what has been inserted for this series.

I thought that this episode started out very interestingly. I like to see shows about how they deal with an apocalypse. That being said, I definitely could have done without the gay stuff, though. Had to skip through all of that. I really don't even care that it was two men who grew to love each other. Just don't need to see graphic stuff like that. :-) But, of course, Hollywood these days seems to like to insert that everywhere. :-)

That won't keep me from watching, though. So far, it's a good show.
[Reply]
smith11 01:59 AM 01-31-2023
That was a really weird episode and not sure exactly why it was even made. Hopefully we can all move on from that which clearly was added to meet some sort of quota since zero part of that was in the game.
However it was cool to see the flour theory confirmed.
i enjoyed hearing linda ronstadt sing at the end
[Reply]
backinblack 12:47 AM 01-30-2023
Nick Offerman is so great though.

Plays that Ron Swanson type character mixed with, well spoilers, so well. Such a great actor.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:53 AM 01-30-2023
Kids can watch violent deaths and murders but not dudes kissing?
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 01:08 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Kids can watch violent deaths and murders but not dudes kissing?
Dudes kissing is fine, dudes naked going down on each other is a little unnecessary, same way they’d close their eyes if it was a guy and girl doing the same thing
[Reply]
backinblack 01:13 AM 01-30-2023
eh it's hbo they could've shown more if they wanted to

you dont want your kids seeing that the nick jr app is that a way
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:58 PM 01-30-2023
That was a great episode... definitely emotional. They did get what was needed and got the truck/weapons. It wasn't exactly like the game which was way more tragic. It did not bother me at all with the changes made. Great acting, and great story. Good to get more backstory on the outbreak and bill's life. Really excited for ep 4.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:15 PM 01-30-2023
Are they gonna have ghey zombies too...because got dayum that would be frightening.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:47 AM 01-31-2023
Nick Offerman is the best.

Nick Offerman's theory for how he got cast in The Last of Us pic.twitter.com/1aSPlspHpJ

— IGN (@IGN) January 31, 2023

[Reply]
SuperChief 09:49 AM 01-31-2023
If you watch the "Behind the Episode" for Ep 3, you'll see Druckmann mention when the show story would deviate from the video game story. He mentions when it's able to be clearly better - and in this instance, I think they nailed it. While there is a clear deviation from the game story (and as much as I would have liked to see BxE interaction as in the game), I thought it was so artfully done and really impactful.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:10 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
If you watch the "Behind the Episode" for Ep 3, you'll see Druckmann mention when the show story would deviate from the video game story. He mentions when it's able to be clearly better - and in this instance, I think they nailed it. While there is a clear deviation from the game story (and as much as I would have liked to see BxE interaction as in the game), I thought it was so artfully done and really impactful.
Agreed...this show seems like a directors cut to the video game in a sense. Loving it.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:34 PM 01-31-2023
I don't agree with the deviation.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:41 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I don't agree with the deviation.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 19 of 47