ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2599 of 3903
« First < 1599209924992549258925952596259725982599 260026012602260326092649269930993599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:26 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Highly doubt it will happen.
Businesses for sure, schools I don't know.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:29 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Waivers already being required

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/mis...lO1fdK-mIZdW3M
Lol waivers. Shown not to hold much credibility in healthcare all these decades, I don’t see that changing with COVID either.

You sign waivers when receiving healthcare all the time and guess what, you can still sue them as most waivers won’t hold up when gross negligence has been shown.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:35 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
To be honest there is likely going to be a need for blanket immunity from covid law suits. Just too much opportunity for blame, lawyers would be suing people for the next 50 years.

The truth is the scientific community has not been straightforward since day one, there is more evidence this bug came from a lab than there is otherwise.

For the millionth time this is a novel virus and the scientific community is learning as it progresses.
[Reply]
Donger 12:41 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
there is more evidence this bug came from a lab than there is otherwise.
Present it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:42 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Lol waivers. Shown not to hold much credibility in healthcare all these decades, I don’t see that changing with COVID either.

You sign waivers when receiving healthcare all the time and guess what, you can still sue them as most waivers won’t hold up when gross negligence has been shown.
Just another reason to have a fed law in place by August.
[Reply]
TLO 12:59 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Really good article breakdown about spread.
Originally Posted by O.city:
Aerosols not being a big proponent of this would be huge. It never made sense to me that they were the primary driver, as they compared in this article to Measles.

Measles R0 is like 18 due to that.
This is potentially very good news.
[Reply]
sedated 07-14-2020, 01:07 PM
This message has been deleted by sedated.
DaneMcCloud 01:09 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just another reason to have a fed law in place by August.
This, much like the overwhelming majority of your posts in this thread, is dumb as fuck.

The Federal government cannot require children to attend school, as those laws are mandated by each state.

But, even if they tried to force kids back into schools, there's no freaking way that the Federal government could even pass legislation stating that all children must return to their schools and guess what? You can't sue the feds if any students, teachers and employees that contract COVID-19 are hospitalized or end up dead.

That's just stupid beyond belief.
[Reply]
eDave 01:11 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This, much like the overwhelming majority of your posts in this thread, is dumb as fuck.

The Federal government cannot require children to attend school, as those laws are mandated by each state.

But, even if they tried to force kids back into schools, there's no freaking way that the Federal government could even pass legislation stating that all children must return to their schools and guess what? You can't sue the feds if any students, teachers and employees that contract COVID-19 are hospitalized or end up dead.

This is why people get mad at you. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:14 PM 07-14-2020
I wish all counties could get something at least close to this. I know a lot of the counties report this but I like this nice, neat dashboard

[Reply]
petegz28 01:31 PM 07-14-2020
Looks like AZ might be starting to roll over. Hope so.
[Reply]
eDave 01:33 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Looks like AZ might be starting to roll over. Hope so.
Can't timely and reliable data.

We're reporting 4,273 cases of #COVID19 for Tuesday. Please note: a partner did not report labs in time to be included in the Monday update, so their numbers are reflected in today's update. Also, 23 of the 92 deaths being reported today are due to death cert. matching. #MaskUpAZ pic.twitter.com/rCGkiRqOFT

— AZ Dept of Health (@AZDHS) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 01:36 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Can't timely and reliable data.

I'm looking at the hospitalizations and bed usage. They are starting to roll over.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:37 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This is why people get mad at you. :-)
I live me some Dane, I hope he stays the same
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:40 PM 07-14-2020

You notice how that particular group swaps between DA FEDS SHOULD DO A THING and BAWW STATE RITES when it suits their agenda? Well, the fucking moron agenda to be exact.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:41 PM 07-14-2020
This, much like the overwhelming majority of your posts in this thread, is dumb as ****.

It appears it will have to be a state issue from what I'm hearing. Teachers and districts need legal protection.
[Reply]
Page 2599 of 3903
« First < 1599209924992549258925952596259725982599 260026012602260326092649269930993599 > Last »
Up