ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2684 of 4874
« First < 1684218425842634267426802681268226832684 268526862687268826942734278431843684 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:40 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've seen a few things recently (sorry, no links since it's putting a bunch of things together) that indicate that five different ownership groups may be forming:

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2
3. A group that elway is forming
4. A group that Peyton Manning is forming.
5. The descendants of the broncos' previous owner, Edgar Kaiser, are saying that they have right of first refusal to buy the team

Apparently alliances could be forming based on the following politics.

One of the daughters doesn't like elway and vice versa.

The current executive committee prefers manning's group over the others, but they're not averse to one of the daughters (not sure which).

Apparently elway and Manning are not going to team up for reasons I'm not clear about.

Apparently no one likes one of the daughters, which may or may not be the one that also dislikes elway. Obviously I'm not keeping a close eye on this.

The team doesn't like the claim from the Kaiser descendants and apparently they've tried this in the past without success.

With all that in mind, my thinking is that we may end up with the following groups:

1. A widely disliked daughter that no one will support, who'll only get the team if she can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

2. The Kaiser team, who'll only get the team if they can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

3. The elway team, who'll be resisted by everyone. Odds: 5%

4. Whichever daughter is not widely disliked, who may end up partnering with Manning. Odds: 20%

5. The Manning team, which I think will be the frontrunner, especially if they team up with the popular daughter. Odds: 33%

Of course, none of that will matter if some uber-rich person like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban comes in and tips everything over. Odds: 40%
I say we start a go-fund-me campaign and buy that team ourselves. If we all pitch in $5 each, we'll be a long way toward our goal. Then once we have ownership, we'll make all decisions based upon polls that we run on this board.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:48 PM 12-08-2021
Why is this thread alive. We have beat them 12 straight times and they are not contenders. They are irrelevant to football with zero star players.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:03 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I say we start a go-fund-me campaign and buy that team ourselves. If we all pitch in $5 each, we'll be a long way toward our goal. Then once we have ownership, we'll make all decisions based upon polls that we run on this board.
In for tree-fiddy
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:07 PM 12-08-2021
You know things are bad for a franchise when you pine for done, old QBs that have failed in better spots and situations recently.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 06:11 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Why is this thread alive. We have beat them 12 straight times and they are not contenders. They are irrelevant to football with zero star players.
But they are by far the highest valued sports franchise in the history of the world. So we need to know our place and continue to discuss.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:23 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You know things are bad for a franchise when you pine for done, old QBs that have failed in better spots and situations recently.
It's the Donk way. They think that because the league gifted them a SB for Manning a retirement gift, that they can do it again.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
In for tree-fiddy

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:06 PM 12-08-2021
this thread always makes me happy
[Reply]
tredadda 07:57 PM 12-08-2021
I've seen a few things recently (sorry, no links since it's putting a bunch of things together) that indicate that five different ownership groups may be forming:

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2
5. The descendants of the broncos' previous owner, Edgar Kaiser, are saying that they have right of first refusal to buy the team

The current executive committee prefers manning's group over the others, but they're not averse to one of the daughters (not sure which).

Apparently elway and Manning are not going to team up for reasons I'm not clear about.

Apparently no one likes one of the daughters, which may or may not be the one that also dislikes elway. Obviously I'm not keeping a close eye on this.

The team doesn't like the claim from the Kaiser descendants and apparently they've tried this in the past without success.

With all that in mind, my thinking is that we may end up with the following groups:

1. A widely disliked daughter that no one will support, who'll only get the team if she can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

2. The Kaiser team, who'll only get the team if they can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

4. Whichever daughter is not widely disliked, who may end up partnering with Manning. Odds: 20%

5. The Manning team, which I think will be the frontrunner, especially if they team up with the popular daughter. Odds: 33%

Of course, none of that will matter if some uber-rich person like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban comes in and tips everything over. Odds: 40%
I would be shocked if the NFL allowed someone like Bezos were to buy a team. He is so much wealthier than every other owner that he would probably not view himself as "one amongst equals".
[Reply]
Rausch 08:11 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's the Donk way. They think that because the league gifted them a SB for Manning a retirement gift, that they can do it again.
Somehow I slipped into an alternate timeline.

Denver has become the 90's Chiefs and the Chiefs are becoming the 90's Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:41 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Somehow I slipped into an alternate timeline.

Denver has become the 90's Chiefs and the Chiefs are becoming the 90's Broncos.
Hopefully we win more SBs than that.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 08:46 PM 12-08-2021

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2

There has to be a Netflix documentary in the making with all this drama. I am going to order extra popcorn packets to insure I can thoroughly enjoy this reality show. Who knew that the Broncos were who put the "fun" in dysfunctional?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 PM 12-08-2021

I mean... yeah. Who does?
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:57 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mean... yeah. Who does?
I've never met that daughter, but I like her based solely on this.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:08 PM 12-08-2021

[Reply]
Page 2684 of 4874
« First < 1684218425842634267426802681268226832684 268526862687268826942734278431843684 > Last »
Up