ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 192
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:24 PM 02-12-2024
In terms of guys we actually have a shot at, I'm warming up to Xavier Worthy a bit. Not totally there yet, need to watch him at the combine. Needs to get stronger obviously.

#32 feels too high for him, and our 2nd round pick will be too low. If Veach did have an interest, maybe we trade back, get an extra pick, and grab him early to mid-2nd?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:31 PM 02-12-2024
Popped over to the Houston Texans forum to see if their fans are high on taking a WR or otherwise this offseason. I think this could be the year that 7 WRs go in the first, and I think there's only 7 that are worthy of a 1st round pick. Starting to feel like that Texans pick might determine whether 1 of our target WRs is available at the bottom of the 1st or not. Seems to be about 50:50 they go WR in most mocks and start the second run on WRs. Plenty of mocks also have them going DT Newton, although, I don't think he last that long.

I think the first 3 WRs (Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze) go in the top 10. Then maybe there's 1 or 2 go in the middle of the round (Thomas Jr, Coleman, and Franklin are eligible) between the Bengals at #18 and the Cowboys at #24, with the Texans being the other team considering a WR at #23 just before the Boys. If 2 WRs go in the middle, that would likely trigger a trade up from KC in the 1st to grab 1 of the 2 remaining 1st round WRs (Probably Franklin & Legette). That's because there are several WR hungry team's at the bottom of the 1st in Buffalo, Baltimore, and maybe SF (?). Not sure about the 9'ers, but they have some roster decisions to make coming up so maybe.

So, if the Texans take a WR, especially not named Thomas Jr who doesn't seem to be at the top of Chiefs fans wish list, I think we make a move up. But when I go over to their fan forum they are into completely different targets than us... they are fascinated with J Wilson at 6-7 for whatever reason, they like Thomas Jr too, but they aren't nearly as focused on WR as we are. They want to go DL, or Guyton at OT.

Just thought I'd take a closer look at some other teams fanships, what do you guys think... do we make a trade up in the 1st (almost certainly for Franklin) or stand pat and take the WR that's dealt to us?

1) If we trade up, what would you give?

2) If we stand pat, who would you take?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:40 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Popped over to the Houston Texans forum to see if their fans are high on taking a WR or otherwise this offseason. I think this could be the year that 7 WRs go in the first, and I think there's only 7 that are worthy of a 1st round pick. Starting to feel like that Texans pick might determine whether 1 of our target WRs is available at the bottom of the 1st or not. Seems to be about 50:50 they go WR in most mocks and start the second run on WRs. Plenty of mocks also have them going DT Newton, although, I don't think he last that long.

I think the first 3 WRs (Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze) go in the top 10. Then maybe there's 1 or 2 go in the middle of the round (Thomas Jr, Coleman, and Franklin are eligible) between the Bengals at #18 and the Cowboys at #24, with the Texans being the other team considering a WR at #23 just before the Boys. If 2 WRs go in the middle, that would likely trigger a trade up from KC in the 1st to grab 1 of the 2 remaining 1st round WRs (Probably Franklin & Legette). That's because there are several WR hungry team's at the bottom of the 1st in Buffalo, Baltimore, and maybe SF (?). Not sure about the 9'ers, but they have some roster decisions to make coming up so maybe.

So, if the Texans take a WR, especially not named Thomas Jr who doesn't seem to be at the top of Chiefs fans wish list, I think we make a move up. But when I go over to their fan forum they are into completely different targets than us... they are fascinated with J Wilson at 6-7 for whatever reason, they like Thomas Jr too, but they aren't nearly as focused on WR as we are. They want to go DL, or Guyton at OT.

Just thought I'd take a closer look at some other teams fanships, what do you guys think... do we make a trade up in the 1st (almost certainly for Franklin) or stand pat and take the WR that's dealt to us?

1) If we trade up, what would you give?

2) If we stand pat, who would you take?
I'd be willing to give up next year's 2nd to move up for Franklin and pair him with Mahomes for 5 seasons or better yet pkg Reid's contract with our 1st.

If we stand pat, and Franklin's gone, I hope Coleman's there but if not I'd go Legette assuming he's the 7th WR on the Big Board.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:58 PM 02-12-2024
If those guys are all gone and I’m staring at having to trade up to get Franklin or Legette, I would go a different route.

Keep my picks, take the best DL that gets to 32, or Ja’Tavion Sanders, or one of the Ts.

I think we can be reasonably sure the following are gone in the top 20:
3 QBs
4 WRs
1 TE
2 LT
1 RT
3 CBs
3 DL
3 DE/OLB

If I’m trading up, I’d want it to be for a more sure thing than Franklin or Legette. I’d be more tempted to package next years first and move up even higher to get a shot at Nabers, Bowers, Odunze, or Fashanu.

Getting above 15 from 32 is hard to do, though. It’s complicated by many of the teams in the teens being difficult trade partners as division rivals or conference foes.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:57 AM 02-13-2024
Dane Brugler's Top 100 Big Board was published today. His wide receiver rankings:

1. Marvin Harrison (2 overall)
2. Malik Nabers (3 overall)
3. Rome Odunze (7 overall)
4. Brian Thomas Jr. (14 overall)
5. Keon Coleman (28 overall)
6. Ladd McConkey (34 overall)
7. Adonai Mitchell (35 overall)
8. Troy Franklin (40 overall)
9. Roman Wilson (45 overall)
10. Xavier Worthy (46 overall)
11. Malachi Corley (49 overall)
12. Ja'Lynn Polk (54 overall)
13. Devontez Walker (64 overall)
14. Jalen McMillan (65 overall)
15. Ricky Pearsall (78 overall)
16. Xavier Legette (80 overall)
17. Brenden Rice (97 overall)
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 02-13-2024
Jha"quan Jackson is probably a name we should get to know.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:20 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather Isaiah Williams by a country mile.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 AM 02-13-2024
Love him.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:58 PM 02-13-2024
Hadn't realized how consistently productive Worthy was over his college career. ESPN's Matt Miller us taking him at #32.

"The Chiefs' offense was able to adjust in the playoffs, but we can't forget there is a serious lack of speed holding back this unit. Worthy brings plenty of juice down the field. He caught 26 touchdown passes in three seasons at Texas while posting over 60 catches and 750 yards each year. Worthy just might be the fastest player in the draft class, and his ability to get behind defenses and create big plays is exactly what Kansas City has been missing since Tyreek Hill took his talents to South Beach."
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:00 PM 02-13-2024
For whatever reason lots of post SB mocks have Franklin and Legette slipping to the mid-2nd round. I saw Legette at like #90 overall earlier today.

If that becomes a reality that's great for us I think.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-13-2024
Still don't see what folks like about AD Mitchell, praying someone takes him in the 1st ahead of us.

^This quote could come back to bite me someday lol
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Love him.
Where's he likely to end up draft wise? 4th round ish?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:38 PM 02-13-2024
Where's he likely to end up draft wise? 4th round ish?

Somewhere in the late 4th to 5th would be my guess.
[Reply]
O.city 02:40 PM 02-13-2024
Man, I like him. Alot.

I'd spend our 4th on him. Easily......

Maybe even 3rd.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:41 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd rather Isaiah Williams by a country mile.
Haven't watched him yet. After taking a look at his production, it's much better, so you're probably right.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 192
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up