ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
Dante84 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Trade: #Vikings are trading former first-round CB Mike Hughes to the #Chiefs*, per @AdamSchefter. Secondary help as he enters a contract year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2021

Chiefs and Vikings swapped late-round draft picks, with Kansas City also getting back Minnesota’s 2018 first-round pick, per source. https://t.co/EiWiQFgAQS

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2021

The Chiefs are sending their 2022 sixth-round pick to Minnesota for Hughes and their 2022 seventh-round pick, per source. https://t.co/XKJ2JPH9hO

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 05:09 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
But is he ready for meaningful snaps? I guess you don’t know til you try, but we don’t have much reason to believe so.
He's been around for 2 years now so it's basically shit or get off the pot at this point.
[Reply]
Otter 05:20 PM 05-13-2021
Sounds like if he can get and stay healthy there's potential for a high upside signing.

I'll go 50/50
[Reply]
srvy 05:23 PM 05-13-2021
Vichyssoise with another low risk high reward move.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:24 PM 05-13-2021
Comment on PFT regarding this trade:

"Why do people keep helping the Chiefs!"

Love It, GO VEACH!
[Reply]
PHOG 05:37 PM 05-13-2021
Nice job Mr. Veach! Keep 'em coming! :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:44 PM 05-13-2021
Reggie Ragland.

Kelvin Benjamin.

Cam Erving.

Deandre Baker.

Mike Hughes.

If you’ve ever been mocked to the Chiefs but someone else swiped you from the Arrowhead NICU, just know: we’ll get you back. A Veach never forgets.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:46 PM 05-13-2021
Such a smart little deal. Saves the Vikings a few bucks. Chiefs get a guy with upside.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:49 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tim Ward is physically a prototypical Spags end, they probably do like him.
I'm not sure what they're liking if he barely saw the field.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:56 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Reggie Ragland.

Kelvin Benjamin.

Cam Erving.

Deandre Baker.

Mike Hughes.

If you’ve ever been mocked to the Chiefs but someone else swiped you from the Arrowhead NICU, just know: we’ll get you back. A Veach never forgets.
Speaking of our other second chance first round CB signee, where are we at on him... out of these two, who's most likely to stick?
[Reply]
Dante84 05:58 PM 05-13-2021
On phone otherwise I’d embed

The #Chiefs have a fun looking young group of cornerbacks right now.

Charvarius Ward - 24 years old
Deandre Baker - 23 years old
L'Jarius Sneed - 24 years old
Mike Hughes - 24 years old
Rashad Fenton - 24 years old
BoPete Keyes - 23 years old

(I think these are correct)
[Reply]
Mecca 06:01 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Speaking of our other second chance first round CB signee, where are we at on him... out of these two, who's most likely to stick?
If they're both 100% I'd lean Baker because other than the leg he's been ok. Hughes has a very extensive injury history.

Although most likely a move like this puts guys like BoPete Keyes on notice same as Will Parks should do to Armani Watts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:08 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Baker was released after one season because he was a likely felon and potential attitude issues.

Hughes was released after a few seasons because of injuries and a lack of production.

You always go with the likely-felon-not-felon in these situations. That's Veach 101.
[Reply]
Bump 06:14 PM 05-13-2021
seems like a fine deal, low risk. Contract year so he'll want to play real good.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:24 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If they're both 100% I'd lean Baker because other than the leg he's been ok. Hughes has a very extensive injury history.

Although most likely a move like this puts guys like BoPete Keyes on notice same as Will Parks should do to Armani Watts.
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Baker was released after one season because he was a likely felon and potential attitude issues.

Hughes was released after a few seasons because of injuries and a lack of production.

You always go with the likely-felon-not-felon in these situations. That's Veach 101.
Small sample sizes on both obviously, but overall I'd give the production edge to Hughes based on his best season vs Bakers best

Not trying to argue for either of them really, both are a roll of the dice... just providing some stats to consider

Baker
https://www.nfl.com/players/deandre-baker/stats/

Hughes
https://www.nfl.com/players/mike-hughes/stats/
[Reply]
Stryker 06:26 PM 05-13-2021
So they got him for nothing and that's fine but the guy appears to be a broke dick. The ACL can be overlooked - it happens but I had forgotten about the broken neck. A broken neck for a CB is not a good thing at all. I wonder what he has left to offer. The trade for a late rounder is one hell of a gamble (being positive) - I hope it pays off and Spags can get him on point. Fingers crossed!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up