ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Venom: Let there be Carnage
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-10-2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:23 AM 05-10-2021
First one exceeded my expectations by a country mile. Dare I get too excited about this one?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:45 AM 05-10-2021
Looks good, directed by Andy Serkis so that's interesting. I'll see it, regardless of the reviews. It's like Godzilla vs. Kong, I'm not going for the plotholes and acting here.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:42 PM 05-10-2021
I'll say it......I'd feel way way better about this movie belonged to Marvel and the Russo Brothers had directed it. Or ANY of their stable of directors, really.
[Reply]
Fish 04:43 PM 05-10-2021
I thought the first one was pretty meh. Which is too bad, because I really liked Venom in the comics. This trailer doesn't give me much hope. The humor just doesn't really fit. I'll probably watch it though.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:46 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I thought the first one was pretty meh. Which is too bad, because I really liked Venom in the comics. This trailer doesn't give me much hope. The humor just doesn't really fit. I'll probably watch it though.
Yep. Sony made enough money to justify the sequel, and they are going to milk that cow dry to please the fanbois.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 05-10-2021
The first movie was decent but it was over just as it started getting interesting.

This film is included in Sony's deal with Netflix so it's definitely a streamer for me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The first movie was decent but it was over just as it started getting interesting.

This film is included in Sony's deal with Netflix so it's definitely a streamer for me.
I really like Hardy as an actor. Just hadn’t seemed to reach his full potential at the box office for some reason.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:16 AM 05-11-2021
Says in Theaters only so if it's not on HBO MAX then I doubt I'll go see it. I still need to see the first one.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:38 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep. Sony made enough money to justify the sequel, and they are going to milk that cow dry to please the fanbois.
But no spiderman and no MCU so what's the point?...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:09 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The point is to make money. The first made a lot of money, so sequel time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:38 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
As of right now. Nothing will preclude them from rebooting the entire MCU in the future and including Spider-man and all of the other IP that Sony currently owns.

The decision makers at Sony have been historically dumb, stupid and out of touch. But once Amy Pascal was booted a few years ago after the disastrous hack, the studio has been making smarter decisions.

Their new deal with Netflix was extremely smart, as was their deal with Disney+/Marvel. Sony doesn't have the catalog that Warners, Universal/NBC, Viacom/Paramount/CBS or Disney so instead of trying to compete with them with a streaming service that would cost them hundreds of millions and most likely fail, they've made agreements with other streamers and are finally focused on content.

I'm sure they're still going to make mistakes with their creative division and it's a real shame that they own the Spider-Man IP, but at least they're finally on the right track.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:59 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As of right now. Nothing will preclude them from rebooting the entire MCU in the future and including Spider-man and all of the other IP that Sony currently owns.

The decision makers at Sony have been historically dumb, stupid and out of touch. But once Amy Pascal was booted a few years ago after the disastrous hack, the studio has been making smarter decisions.

Their new deal with Netflix was extremely smart, as was their deal with Disney+/Marvel. Sony doesn't have the catalog that Warners, Universal/NBC, Viacom/Paramount/CBS or Disney so instead of trying to compete with them with a streaming service that would cost them hundreds of millions and most likely fail, they've made agreements with other streamers and are finally focused on content.

I'm sure they're still going to make mistakes with their creative division and it's a real shame that they own the Spider-Man IP, but at least they're finally on the right track.
Into the Spiderverse was the best thing Sony ever did with that particular IP.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:02 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Into the Spiderverse was the best thing Sony ever did with that particular IP.
Fucking truth. That movie is so fucking good.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:35 PM 05-11-2021
Hopefully, they'll segway to Toxin or Knull
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up