Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:37 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
This - we have to protect "The Chosen One" - it is the way.

[Reply]
Dante84 08:49 PM 12-28-2020
Really liked Toney’s tape; definitely some Cheetah-like tendencies in the way he moves and cuts.

Also liked Moore’s tape, although not sure about Round 1 because of his lack of size, but in Veach we trust. I saw a lot of CEH in the way that he breaks through contact and maintains balance.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:39 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
There’s a TON of OL depth in this draft, no need to take one in round 1.

LDT and Niang possibly returning, I’m sure Chiefs will have more clarification closer to draft time. The pandemic “could” get worse, NFL might have players opting out earlier this offseason if given the opportunity. This draft is going to be very unpredictable.
I never said pick OL in the first round - just consider "free agent options" and keep it in mind during the draft "process". Just THINK about it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:48 PM 12-28-2020
If Veach selects an OL in the 1st or 2nd then that player would be Rashawn Slater due to his OL postion versatility
[Reply]
Stryker 09:52 PM 12-28-2020
LB, OT, WR, CB, S, TE and G no particular order. Build the line on offense and continue to supplement the D. Seeing a BPA in the draft each round. Veach will handle the aftermath.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:56 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
LB, OT, WR, CB, S, TE and G no particular order. Build the line on offense and continue to supplement the D. Seeing a BPA in the draft each round. Veach will handle the aftermath.
Brett is relying on metrics or SPARQ concerning the defensive side more because of the Breeland Speaks bust
[Reply]
kccrow 10:01 PM 12-28-2020
Put him in my latest mock but I have to champion Hamsah Nasirildeen here at SS/WLB. He's a guy that can take over the Sorensen role in this defense and improve it, letting Honey Badger be even more of a roamer/slot guy. He provides so much versatility for Spags in that he can cover in deep sets or come down to play close to the LOS and lay the hammer. He's athletic, big, and a playmaker. I think he needs to be in the conversation.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:38 AM 12-29-2020
Jesus, I just watched Terrace Marshall Jr’s tape... he would be sooo good in this offense.

He helps his QB by getting open on scramble drills multiple times.
He has break away speed to go with his huge frame and big wingspan.
He has that post-catch wiggle that Kelce is so good at; secure the ball and make the tackler miss on the first move.

I love this guy and the aforementioned Toney for our offense.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:51 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Jesus, I just watched Terrace Marshall Jr’s tape... he would be sooo good in this offense.

He helps his QB by getting open on scramble drills multiple times.
He has break away speed to go with his huge frame and big wingspan.
He has that post-catch wiggle that Kelce is so good at; secure the ball and make the tackler miss on the first move.

I love this guy and the aforementioned Toney for our offense.

Yeah, and what really stands out for me on Marshall is how LSU used him. So many WR highlight clips now are bubble screen and make a play.

Marshall is running a bunch of different routes, from all over the formation, inside and out.

He has strong hands and can catch/snatch outside his frame.

He does well on scramble drills.

He was productive with like 4 different QBs this year.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:19 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, and what really stands out for me on Marshall is how LSU used him. So many WR highlight clips now are bubble screen and make a play.

Marshall is running a bunch of different routes, from all over the formation, inside and out.

He has strong hands and can catch/snatch outside his frame.

He does well on scramble drills.

He was productive with like 4 different QBs this year.
TDN has him as the 25th overall prospect, which is definitely in range. My fear is that if he blows up during the combine he might climb. Wonder what his 40 and 3-cone will be...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:21 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
TDN has him as the 25th overall prospect, which is definitely in range. My fear is that if he blows up during the combine he might climb. Wonder what his 40 and 3-cone will be...

I would guess he runs in the 4.5s, which may slip his stock a bit. He doesn’t look like a 4.3-4.4 guy on tape.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If Veach selects an OL in the 1st or 2nd then that player would be Rashawn Slater due to his OL postion versatility
There’s a lot of buzz that some teams have Slater as the #1 OT over Sewell.

I don’t believe he goes first, but I also don’t think there’s any way he makes it to our pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:20 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Put him in my latest mock but I have to champion Hamsah Nasirildeen here at SS/WLB. He's a guy that can take over the Sorensen role in this defense and improve it, letting Honey Badger be even more of a roamer/slot guy. He provides so much versatility for Spags in that he can cover in deep sets or come down to play close to the LOS and lay the hammer. He's athletic, big, and a playmaker. I think he needs to be in the conversation.
Very intriguing player that I really like on day 2, just not sure that he’s a 1st rounder at this point, but I could definitely see him getting that buzz after the combine.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:08 PM 12-29-2020
Would love Rondale. The “another short receiver” jokes would be coming in. But he’s a yac machine. He’s a rb playing receiver after the ball. All while being a good route runner. Could be wrong, but don’t think he’s going to blow up the combine with a 4.3 or anything. But he is plenty fast
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:30 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There’s a lot of buzz that some teams have Slater as the #1 OT over Sewell.

I don’t believe he goes first, but I also don’t think there’s any way he makes it to our pick.

Slater is probably a better player right now but isn’t likely to get much better, if any. He’s a pretty finished product.

Sewell, I think, is still only 19 and has an enormous upside as a result.

Slater would be a good plug and play for a team that’s close and needs a T who can contribute right away. If you’re building towards the future, Sewell is clear and easy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up