ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>The Game That Never Was
gblowfish 08:24 PM 05-15-2021
My sister was going through some of my dad's stuff. He passed in 2011. She found these tickets, and asked me why they'd never been torn in half? Well, as many season ticket holders know, when the Chiefs qualify for the playoffs, the Chiefs send out tickets for all possible games. These are four tickets for the AFC Championship game, which would have been played at Municipal Stadium on January 2nd 1972, had the Chiefs not lost to Miami in the longest playoff game on Christmas Day 1971. The two tickets on the left were for my sister and me in the "Huddle Club" in the west end zone; the other two were for my mom and dad along what would have been the first base line in old Municipal. The Wolfpack bleachers would have been on the direct opposite side of the field in the baseball outfield. This game was never played because the Chiefs lost. If this game would have been played, and had the Chiefs won, they would have gone to Super Bowl VI. Miami beat the Baltimore Colts in the AFC Championship game, then lost to Dallas in the Super Bowl. Oh what might have been...
Attached: nogame1972.jpg (95.8 KB) 
[Reply]
New World Order 11:23 AM 05-16-2021
Ha. That's pretty cool George
[Reply]
Spott 12:16 PM 05-16-2021
Those are pretty sweet tickets, even if we didn’t make it that year.

For some reason, I still have tickets to the AFC Championship game from January of 96. I don’t remember how much the tickets cost, but the season tickets that year were like 33 dollars a piece to sit 8 rows from the top in section 342.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:17 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
My sister was going through some of my dad's stuff. He passed in 2011. She found these tickets, and asked me why they'd never been torn in half? Well, as many season ticket holders know, when the Chiefs qualify for the playoffs, the Chiefs send out tickets for all possible games. These are four tickets for the AFC Championship game, which would have been played at Municipal Stadium on January 2nd 1972, had the Chiefs not lost to Miami in the longest playoff game on Christmas Day 1971. The two tickets on the left were for my sister and me in the "Huddle Club" in the west end zone; the other two were for my mom and dad along what would have been the first base line in old Municipal. The Wolfpack bleachers would have been on the direct opposite side of the field in the baseball outfield. This game was never played because the Chiefs lost. If this game would have been played, and had the Chiefs won, they would have gone to Super Bowl VI. Miami beat the Baltimore Colts in the AFC Championship game, then lost to Dallas in the Super Bowl. Oh what might have been...

A Chiefs vs Cowboys Super Bowl would have been glorious.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:18 PM 05-16-2021
That's a pretty cool collectible. I would've thought all of those tickets were given to third world kids in Africa.

I still dislike Garo Yepremian to this day.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:20 PM 05-16-2021
Very cool find, sir.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:32 PM 05-16-2021
Who has tickets for Jan of 1996 AFC championship? home against the Steelers
[Reply]
scho63 07:30 PM 05-16-2021
Factoid 1: Ed Podolak amassed 350 total yards, a post season record that still stands.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up