ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>New Comics website
frozenchief 09:35 PM 05-09-2021
If you like comic books, you should check out the Arkhaven site:

https://www.arkhaven.com/

Ad free and free to read, the site posts new comics in 1080p clarity. There are about 25ish comics hosted on the site and new episodes of each comic are uploaded weekly. Chuck Dixon, creator of Bane and a literal legend in the comics industry, is a key voice behind the effort. Two comics that I particularly like are Midnight’s War and Shade. Shade involves a European aristocratic ‘Batman’ and is created by Dixon. Midnight’s War is based in a world in which vampires rule over human beings and human blood functions as currency.

I am aware of how some of the authors are controversial. I’ve specifically not based my assessment upon any of that but have focused upon content, which in many ways is quite excellent. If you like comic books, I would suggest checking it out.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:00 AM 05-10-2021
Thanks, I'll check it out.

I've discovered Comics Explained on YouTube recently, and I've been getting recaps on old stories and new and getting drawn back into the comics world in general, so I look forward to this.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:54 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Thanks, I'll check it out.

I've discovered Comics Explained on YouTube recently, and I've been getting recaps on old stories and new and getting drawn back into the comics world in general, so I look forward to this.
Dopespill is another good comics "recap" channel for newer comics.

And no matter the media it's important to separate the art from the artist...
[Reply]
unlurking 08:19 AM 05-10-2021
Thanks. Like that the format works well for cell phone reading. At least episode 1 of Midnight War does, I'm assuming the others are similar. Love full page art panels, but they make it really tough to read on mobile devices.

EDIT:
I enjoyed Midnight's War, but the episodes are very short. I like that they're weekly though. Will try a few more.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:23 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:

And no matter the media it's important to separate the art from the artist...

Completely agree. I assume the controversy will be in the art though. Alt*Hero costumes appear to be based on Confederate flags, but the episodes are short and it hasn't really gone anywhere yet. It isn't really interesting or offensive yet, and no idea if the images are for good/evil yet.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:07 PM 05-10-2021
OK, I'm out.

Way to much Qanon, Stop the Steal, etc.
[Reply]
Up