ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:00 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
To be fair, I only have Disney because it was a $1 bundle with Hulu. For me (no kids and don't rewatch Star Wars / Marvel), the service wouldn't be worth more than that. One show a week is pretty abysmal new content.
You're not counted in their subscriber base, so when Disney says they have 105 million subscribers, that number refers to actual paying subscribers and not people that are receiving it from a 3rd party. If that number was included, it would be closer to 150 million.

In my household, Disney+ is the #1 used app, from Star Wars to Marvel to Mickey Mouse, High School Musical, Pixar, etc. and so on. While we have Showtime, Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime, those are accessed a fraction of the time compared to Disney+.

Additionally, there is an absolute ton of content coming down the pike. The fact that Hollywood had been shutdown for more than a year really affected the output. The same is happening across the board, from CBS to NBC, ABC, Fox, Netflix, Amazon and so on.

Things won't be back to "normal" until late 2022.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:08 PM 06-12-2021
Am I wrong to be concerned that the idea that Loki and everyone’s path is predetermined without their control then undermines much of each character’s actions and growth over the years?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:17 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Am I wrong to be concerned that the idea that Loki and everyone’s path is predetermined without their control then undermines much of each character’s actions and growth over the years?
No. But, the TVA doesn't exist for the betterment of the universe, it exists to make sure the Timekeepers get to live out their lives in a matter they see fit while protecting THEIR universe within the multiverse (to which each universe has its own version of the TVA).

*I think
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:17 PM 06-12-2021
Pretty fucking good first episode. Loki was the one show that I was looking forward to.
[Reply]
Fish 09:50 PM 06-12-2021

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:15 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really disappointed in the 1st episode. We'll see where it goes but can't believe I'm the only one.

I haven't seen Avengers Endgame, though, but I get the gist of it.
:-)

Before I saw the user I knew this was BWillie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:30 PM 06-13-2021
Disney+ is my least watched app by a mile. With Loki and Bad Batch this is the first time since it launched I've watched more than one episode of anything in a week. I get that it's different when you have to revolve everything you watch around children, but as much as I love Mando and Marvel there's literally nothing on Disney+ as far as adult (in terms of maturity...) drama. Netflix, Prime and HBO max completely destroy it for me. The only thing Disney+ has for someone like me is the sheer quality of the few shows that I do watch. And Loki ep 1 was real damn good.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:35 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Disney+ is my least watched app by a mile. With Loki and Bad Batch this is the first time since it launched I've watched more than one episode of anything in a week. I get that it's different when you have to revolve everything you watch around children, but as much as I love Mando and Marvel there's literally nothing on Disney+ as far as adult (in terms of maturity...) drama. Netflix, Prime and HBO max completely destroy it for me. The only thing Disney+ has for someone like me is the sheer quality of the few shows that I do watch. And Loki ep 1 was real damn good.
Your not wrong. Disney has a brand that they protect. They don’t even put many of their old adult 80s and 90s Touchstone and Hollywood picture movies on there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:41 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sure, I'd expect that for someone in your situation for sure. And to be perfectly honest, we've watched pretty much everything on Disney+, from the 1930's Mickey Mouse shorts to the Disney series and movies from the 50's and 60's to every single Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel animated, live action, LEGO, short, or feature length content, and some of multiple times (too many times on the Mater & Forky shorts, although I absolutely love both).

COVID really killed Disney's 2021 slate because there was to be continuous content beginning in the Fall of 2020. Mostly Marvel, with some Star Wars and Pixar mixed in, but the lockdowns just destroyed any hope of that happening. As it is, 2022 is shaping up to be a good year with She Hulk, Moon Knight, Obi Wan, Andor, The Mandalorian S3 and so many more but it won't really be stacked until 2023.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:19 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sure, I'd expect that for someone in your situation for sure. And to be perfectly honest, we've watched pretty much everything on Disney+, from the 1930's Mickey Mouse shorts to the Disney series and movies from the 50's and 60's to every single Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel animated, live action, LEGO, short, or feature length content, and some of multiple times (too many times on the Mater & Forky shorts, although I absolutely love both).

COVID really killed Disney's 2021 slate because there was to be continuous content beginning in the Fall of 2020. Mostly Marvel, with some Star Wars and Pixar mixed in, but the lockdowns just destroyed any hope of that happening. As it is, 2022 is shaping up to be a good year with She Hulk, Moon Knight, Obi Wan, Andor, The Mandalorian S3 and so many more but it won't really be stacked until 2023.
The sole reason I have Disney + is because Verizon gives it to me for free.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:30 AM 06-14-2021
You're not counted in their subscriber base, so when Disney says they have 105 million subscribers, that number refers to actual paying subscribers and not people that are receiving it from a 3rd party. If that number was included, it would be closer to 150 million.

In my household, Disney+ is the #1 used app, from Star Wars to Marvel to Mickey Mouse, High School Musical, Pixar, etc. and so on. While we have Showtime, Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime, those are accessed a fraction of the time compared to Disney+.

Additionally, there is an absolute ton of content coming down the pike. The fact that Hollywood had been shutdown for more than a year really affected the output. The same is happening across the board, from CBS to NBC, ABC, Fox, Netflix, Amazon and so on.

Things won't be back to "normal" until late 2022.

Well that's good to here. Both that they're not inflating numbers and that some new content is coming out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The sole reason I have Disney + is because Verizon gives it to me for free.
And yet you haven’t watched the entire 23 movie Infinity Saga in chronological order?

For shame, for shame.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06-14-2021, 11:39 AM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Well that's good to here. Both that they're not inflating numbers and that some new content is coming out.
Ten new Star Wars series and at least ten new Marvel series are planned for release in the next few years, although Ahsoka, Andor, Obi Wan and the Book of Boba Fett are included in that number, along with all of the previously announced Marvel series (Secret Invasion, Ms. Marvel, Iron Heart, Armor Wars, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, et al).

I re-watched the first episode of Loki last night and it's freaking bad ass.

I need to freeze-frame the first of the end credits because I wouldn't be surprised if there are some interesting clues in there...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:03 PM 06-14-2021
And yet you haven’t watched the entire 23 movie Infinity Saga in chronological order?

For shame, for shame.
Honestly my wife refused to do it with me, asked me all these questions while I’m watching Loki.... I was sitting there like “bbbbbbiiiitttccch.......”
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:47 PM 06-14-2021
I need to freeze-frame the first of the end credits because I wouldn't be surprised if there are some interesting clues in there...
Here ya' go.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up