ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3751 of 3903
« First < 2751325136513701374137473748374937503751 3752375337543755376138013851 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
carlos3652 06:41 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I would rather have a digital "card" than the oversized physical one that I currently have. I really don't give a **** what people call it or what irrational fears you have about it.
It’s a discriminatory tool that is used to not allow people basic necessities in France like groceries or be able to work.

I don’t want that to happen here. I’ve been told last year that, that would never happen and it was a conspiracy theory of fear.
[Reply]
carlos3652 06:47 AM 09-25-2021
If you can tell me what other requirements I need to enter Walmart to purchase food outside of this “digital card” I’m all ears.

I need to have a social security number and proof of citizenship / resident / visa to be able to work, now I have to add vaccine to work?

Those aren’t based on irrational fears. It’s being talked about.

Edit: I’m not anti vax, I think it helps and my parents who are 75 are going to take boosters. I think forcing and coercing people to take it is wrong, and denying people basic things based on that is wrong as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:42 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
If you can tell me what other requirements I need to enter Walmart to purchase food outside of this “digital card” I’m all ears.

I need to have a social security number and proof of citizenship / resident / visa to be able to work, now I have to add vaccine to work?

Those aren’t based on irrational fears. It’s being talked about.

Edit: I’m not anti vax, I think it helps and my parents who are 75 are going to take boosters. I think forcing and coercing people to take it is wrong, and denying people basic things based on that is wrong as well.
Here you don’t need it for groceries or other necessities, and most don’t need it for work there is an opt out option .
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:58 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Here you don’t need it for groceries or other necessities, and most don’t need it for work there is an opt out option .
We don’t know what OSHA is going to require yet and my job is having discussions on how to handle.

Most companies will no longer hire without asking for you to take the vaccine (at least at the ones I’m applying for) to avoid that headache.

Also, companies are having discussions of out right mandating it because that would be a simpler solution.

Many bigger companies have already mandated them.

And if you think what is happening in France, Israel and Australia is not coming our way with regards to groceries / basic necessities you aren’t paying attention.

That being said you are technically correct as of right now. I was also told that vaccine mandates would not happen last year by the same people saying something different now.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:02 AM 09-25-2021
carlos3652, although we have plenty of commonality, your opinions tend to differ from mine on this topic. I just wanted to say that I appreciate your well though out positions. You've given me a few things to consider in this thread.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:12 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
carlos3652, although we have plenty of commonality, your opinions tend to differ from mine on this topic. I just wanted to say that I appreciate your well though out positions. You've given me a few things to consider in this thread.
I appreciate you reading and trying to understand my position. I just think people are being black and white on this subject and there is a lot of grey that is just being ignored.

every country is treating this different. Norway just stated that they would class Covid 19 as a seasonal respiratory disease like the flu and lift restrictions soon.

https://www.thelocal.no/20210921/nor...ed-to-the-flu/

Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get vaccinated if you are high risk or even feel like you need to.

Everyone has different positions and different opinions, and that’s ok. Plus I’d like to think that I could have a beer with most people on this board and not let opinions change the fact that I would enjoy hanging out discussing football and bullshit
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:21 AM 09-25-2021
I appreciate you reading and trying to understand my position. I just think people are being black and white on this subject and there is a lot of grey that is just being ignored.

Everyone has different positions and different opinions, and that’s ok. Plus I’d like to think that I could have a beer with most people on this board and not let opinions change the fact that I would enjoy hanging out discussing football and bullshit
Yep, I feel the same way! Cheers, brother.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:02 AM 09-25-2021
It’s a discriminatory tool that is used to not allow people basic necessities in France like groceries or be able to work.

I don’t want that to happen here. I’ve been told last year that, that would never happen and it was a conspiracy theory of fear.
It won't be happening as a nationwide thing here. Period. Most states would fight it to the SC and win because really the Feds have no control over intra state commerce.

Perhaps some of the nanny states, like California, may try to mandate something, but Kansas, Missouri, Texas and many others won't.
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 09-27-2021
Booster shots
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:37 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Most states would fight it to the SC and win because really the Feds have no control over intra state commerce.
Wrong.

Wickard v. Filburn
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:06 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Wrong.

Wickard v. Filburn
Do you not know the difference between intra and inter?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 09-27-2021

You appear to be reading something into my post that simply isn't there. I don't care if other folks have this tool; I would like to have it.

How is me having this tool going to be "discriminatory" to anyone else?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:43 PM 09-27-2021
Sounds like 2-3 Covid anti-viral pills will be ready for EUA by end of year hopefully.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/27/healt...ner/index.html

Originally Posted by :
At least three promising antivirals for covid are being tested in clinical trials, with results expected as soon as late fall or winter, said Carl Dieffenbach, director of the Division of AIDS at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who is overseeing antiviral development.

"I think that we will have answers as to what these pills are capable of within the next several months," Dieffenbach said.

The top contender is a medication from Merck & Co. and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics called molnupiravir, Dieffenbach said. This is the product being tested in the Kellys' Seattle trial. Two others include a candidate from Pfizer, known as PF-07321332, and AT-527, an antiviral produced by Roche and Atea Pharmaceuticals.

They work by interfering with the virus's ability to replicate in human cells. In the case of molnupiravir, the enzyme that copies the viral genetic material is forced to make so many mistakes that the virus can't reproduce. That, in turn, reduces the patient's viral load, shortening infection time and preventing the kind of dangerous immune response that can cause serious illness or death.

So far, only one antiviral drug, remdesivir, has been approved to treat covid. But it is given intravenously to patients ill enough to be hospitalized, and is not intended for early, widespread use. By contrast, the top contenders under study can be packaged as pills.

Sheahan, who also performed preclinical work on remdesivir, led an early study in mice that showed that molnupiravir could prevent early disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes covid. The formula was discovered at Emory University and later acquired by Ridgeback and Merck.

Clinical trials have followed, including an early trial of 202 participants last spring that showed that molnupiravir rapidly reduced the levels of infectious virus. Merck chief executive Robert Davis said this month that the company expects data from its larger phase 3 trials in the coming weeks, with the potential to seek emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration "before year-end."

Pfizer launched a combined phase 2 and 3 trial of its product Sept. 1, and Atea officials said they expect results from phase 2 and phase 3 trials later this year.

If the results are positive and emergency use is granted for any product, Dieffenbach said, "distribution could begin quickly."

That would mean millions of Americans soon could have access to a daily orally administered medication, ideally a single pill, that could be taken for five to 10 days at the first confirmation of covid infection.

[Reply]
TLO 01:47 PM 09-27-2021
Antivirals, fuck yeah!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:10 PM 09-27-2021
Hot off the presses: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7038e3_w

Among other things, if you've already had covid, vaccination is still incredibly beneficial.
[Reply]
Page 3751 of 3903
« First < 2751325136513701374137473748374937503751 3752375337543755376138013851 > Last »
Up