ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 252
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:09 AM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm playing The Dying Light now.
Fantastic! Let me know how you like it
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:36 AM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm playing The Dying Light now.
That's a decent game. Graphics are good. Cliche' as hell but man, when the sun goes down? Watch your ass.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:20 PM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
That's a decent game. Graphics are good. Cliche' as hell but man, when the sun goes down? Watch your ass.
good advice for when visiting Detroit as well.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:40 PM 12-14-2015
A long time ago in a Game Stop far far away...

I had the 'privilege' of putting some hours into this beautiful first person shooter recently. The latest offering from EA is one for the books. This game is a bit different from other Star Wars submissions. Different how you ask?
Well, I'm about to tell you.

Let's start with the awesome campaign. You start out as either a low ranking rebel or alliance soldier and work your way up via a normal ranking system. You play on worlds like Tatooine, Endor, Hoth etc. and you face challenges in an open world style like Witcher 3 or Fallout and you collect items to craft weapons, armor, light sabers and vehicle upgrades.
Oh wait, I'm sorry. I got confused and thought I was reviewing a game where developers put in some damned effort.
Let me try this again.
The Battlefront 1 player campaign is... Nothing. Not a damned thing. That's right online multiplayer only.
Ok, so let's discuss that.
It's gorgeous. The music and atmosphere is wonderful... For all of the maps. This would be very impressive if there were more than just a handful of them. You get the wonderful experience of playing the same maps over and over and over again.
That's ok though because if you decide to pay 100 bucks, you'll eventually get more maps AND you'll get the best weapon in the game, a one-shot blaster. Pay to win is awesome, ain't it?
So let's get this straight... You pay the normal 60 bucks for a AAA game and you'll be able to play four to six maps and enjoy the huge battlefield - type clusterfuck of campers and the asshats that pay to win.
So now you say, "hey Gonzo, you shit... You get to play as Boba Fett or Luke or Darth and that's awesome!"
No, it isn't. It's boring. Yeah, for you die-hard fans I guess it would be kinda cool to do that for about the first four hours. But after playing the same shit over and over again? It's definitely not worth the asking "prices."
All this was is a re-skinned COD, HALO and Battlefield clone. It's beautiful, polished, runs great and intense but it's nothing new.
What coulda been...
If you are really a huge fan of Star Wars, pick this up on sale.
If you're not, skip it.

Score: 4 out of 10. A below average effort from a below average company.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:52 PM 12-16-2015
If anyone finds a deal out there, both my ps plus and xboxlive expire next month so let me know if you find any deals, thanks.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:31 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Fantastic! Let me know how you like it

I'm still playing it and love it. Get flustrated at times but it gets intense. Lots of zombies to kill and the bad guys in the game that keep you on your toes.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 08:51 PM 12-17-2015
A long time ago in a Game Stop far far away...

I had the 'privilege' of putting some hours into this beautiful first person shooter recently. The latest offering from EA is one for the books. This game is a bit different from other Star Wars submissions. Different how you ask?
Well, I'm about to tell you.

Let's start with the awesome campaign. You start out as either a low ranking rebel or alliance soldier and work your way up via a normal ranking system. You play on worlds like Tatooine, Endor, Hoth etc. and you face challenges in an open world style like Witcher 3 or Fallout and you collect items to craft weapons, armor, light sabers and vehicle upgrades.
Oh wait, I'm sorry. I got confused and thought I was reviewing a game where developers put in some damned effort.
Let me try this again.
The Battlefront 1 player campaign is... Nothing. Not a damned thing. That's right online multiplayer only.
Ok, so let's discuss that.
It's gorgeous. The music and atmosphere is wonderful... For all of the maps. This would be very impressive if there were more than just a handful of them. You get the wonderful experience of playing the same maps over and over and over again.
That's ok though because if you decide to pay 100 bucks, you'll eventually get more maps AND you'll get the best weapon in the game, a one-shot blaster. Pay to win is awesome, ain't it?
So let's get this straight... You pay the normal 60 bucks for a AAA game and you'll be able to play four to six maps and enjoy the huge battlefield - type clusterfuck of campers and the asshats that pay to win.
So now you say, "hey Gonzo, you shit... You get to play as Boba Fett or Luke or Darth and that's awesome!"
No, it isn't. It's boring. Yeah, for you die-hard fans I guess it would be kinda cool to do that for about the first four hours. But after playing the same shit over and over again? It's definitely not worth the asking "prices."
All this was is a re-skinned COD, HALO and Battlefield clone. It's beautiful, polished, runs great and intense but it's nothing new.
What coulda been...
If you are really a huge fan of Star Wars, pick this up on sale.
If you're not, skip it.

Score: 4 out of 10. A below average effort from a below average company.
I'm so upset about this game. The kids (6 and 4) were amazed at the previews on TV, and while too young to play, I thought they would enjoy watching it. No single player whatsoever besides a couple half ass training missions. Ridiculous, what a waste of what could have been something amazing.
Fuck EA
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:01 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
I'm so upset about this game. The kids (6 and 4) were amazed at the previews on TV, and while too young to play, I thought they would enjoy watching it. No single player whatsoever besides a couple half ass training missions. Ridiculous, what a waste of what could have been something amazing.
Fuck EA
Coulda, woulda, shoulda... What could've been on that one. It had all the potential in the world but what they did with it is a travesty. It's battlefield re-skinned without the campaign.
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:24 AM 12-18-2015
Well shit guys, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll admit it right away when that happens and it's happened here.
Gotta say, post patch? I'm impressed.

Here we go...

Rainbow Six: Siege is something else for a multiplayer only AAA game. Ubisoft has actually taken a mighty swing at CS:GO and the COD Communities with this one and here's how:
Co-Op Strategy. For once in our lives, a major dev company has said "enough is enough with the balls out one for all bullshit." They've developed a game where cooperative play and teamwork is crucial. If you don't have an open line of communication with the other four teammates, you have a very low chance of success with each match.
The matches can go quick or exceedingly slow. It depends on your teammates skill levels. You can upgrade like most multiplayer games but what's different here is that for each match you need to be able to decide what weapons and skills you will need to choose from. There's a character that is better at recon, one good at combat, one for explosives etc.
Five players go into a domicile and try to achieve a goal while five others try to infiltrate. The players inside can fortify their stronghold in three dimensions. Walls, floor or ceiling. The infiltrators can blow up said walls, floors or ceilings by planting charges and blowing through them.
There's a lot to this game but unfortunately no campaign for single player. I have to say I was a bit disappointed in that aspect but games seem to be going further and further towards excluding single player. That's fine if they want to do so, however I wish they'd charge a bit less than most AAA games when they do so. It doesn't make much sense asking more for less but as long as the market allows it, you can't blame them. Therefore I've got to reccomend not purchasing this one until a massive price drop comes in.

This game could seriously make a push towards the other "e-sports" community games like CS:Go and COD but it'll need a big push pretty soon to do so.

I'm going to score this at a solid 7. Pick it up on sale. Hopefully Ubisoft will keep some dedicated servers and not abandon this game a few months down the line.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:08 AM 12-18-2015
Fallout 4 go on long hikes just to see what is over the next ridge.

It's an awesome game with some technical issues. That aside, go pick this up for Xmas. You'll love it.

Final score: 8.5 out of 10.

Really enjoying these game reports.

Is the FO4 world as expansive as the games of recent past?
Are the variety of weapons and armor/outfits plentiful?
Lots of vendor locations?
Still able to have a follower?
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:18 AM 12-18-2015
Well shit guys, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll admit it right away when that happens and it's happened here.

Here we go...

Rainbow Six: Siege is something else for a multiplayer only AAA game. Ubisoft has actually taken a mighty swing at CS:GO and the COD Communities with this one and here's how:
Co-Op Strategy. For once in our lives, a major dev company has said "enough is enough with the balls out one for all bullshit." They've developed a game where cooperative play and teamwork is crucial. If you don't have an open line of communication with the other four teammates, you have a very low chance of success with each match.
The matches can go quick or exceedingly slow. It depends on your teammates skill levels. You can upgrade like most multiplayer games but what's different here is that for each match you need to be able to decide what weapons and skills you will need to choose from. There's a character that is better at recon, one good at combat, one for explosives etc.
Five players go into a domicile and try to achieve a goal while five others try to infiltrate. The players inside can fortify their stronghold in three dimensions. Walls, floor or ceiling. The infiltrators can blow up said walls, floors or ceilings by planting charges and blowing through them.
There's a lot to this game but unfortunately no campaign for single player. I have to say I was a bit disappointed in that aspect but games seem to be going further and further towards excluding single player. That's fine if they want to do so, however I wish they'd charge a bit less than most AAA games when they do so. It doesn't make much sense asking more for less but as long as the market allows it, you can't blame them. Therefore I've got to reccomend not purchasing this one until a massive price drop comes in.

This game could seriously make a push towards the other "e-sports" community games like CS:Go and COD but it'll need a big push pretty soon to do so.

I'm going to score this at a solid 7. Pick it up on sale. Hopefully Ubisoft will keep some dedicated servers and not abandon this game a few months down the line.
Got this game for 35 bucks on G2A afew days after launc. This game is fun. I haven'tplayed with any douchebags or squeekers yet.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:40 AM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
Really enjoying these game reports.

Is the FO4 world as expansive as the games of recent past?
Are the variety of weapons and armor/outfits plentiful?
Lots of vendor locations?
Still able to have a follower?
Yes to all of these except the world size is t quite as big. However, there's a lot to discover. They put a shit ton into this one.

The X0-1 armor is pretty sweet when you upgrade and customize it. Jet packs, targeting huds etc.

Weapon modification is plentiful as well and the settlement building op is really addictive.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:57 AM 12-18-2015
Cool.. thanks, Gonzo.

I know that I would buy it eventually anyway. Bought an XB1 a month or two ago, and have yet to give up the XBOX360 mulitplayer for ME3 yet. That, and I am unmotivated to buy games that I won't get to for a while.

I have Halo 5, but have not played it yet. Have not seen much discussed for it. Any opinions on the singleplayer and multi?
[Reply]
Blankey 01:35 PM 12-18-2015
Post your GotY lists dammit

I'd write a blurb about each one but I'm lazy.
1. Rocket League (I'm not even a huge soccer fan but every time I play it I have fun, even when I lose. It really gives you the tactile feeling of driving RC cars around a stadium and hitting a ball around)
2. Witcher 3
3. Fallout 4
4. Kerbal Space Program (1.0 released this year)
5. Cities Skylines
6. Life is Strange
7. Outside the Park Baseball 2016 (Go Royals)
8. Prison Architect (same as KSP)
9. Dying Light
10. MGSV (Has very solid gameplay, but last chapter left a bad taste in my mouth)

Games not released this year that I played a lot of:
Diablo 3
Rocksmith 2014

Games I wish I could have played but don't own a console:
Mario Maker
Bloodborne (would probably be my #1 since I love the Souls games)
[Reply]
hometeam 01:43 PM 12-18-2015

Here we go...

Just a heads up, anyone who wants to try this before buying, there is a free weekend coming up starting on Friday.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 252
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up