ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2845 of 4823
« First < 1845234527452795283528412842284328442845 284628472848284928552895294533453845 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:32 PM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
If I was Veach I'd focus on building up that defense. Screw trying to force a pick at WR. Mahomes and Reid can make it work with less on offense. Load up on guys that can get Mahomes the ball back. Franchise QB's get you to the playoffs, the franchise QB with the best defense generally wins the trophy at the end.

[Reply]
TEX 09:54 PM 04-12-2022
If I was Veach I'd focus on building up that defense. Screw trying to force a pick at WR. Mahomes and Reid can make it work with less on offense. Load up on guys that can get Mahomes the ball back. Franchise QB's get you to the playoffs, the franchise QB with the best defense generally wins the trophy at the end.
That's one way to do it. I don't want them to package multiple early picks to move up to get a WR. IF you trade Reek, you better go get quality players to add to the core of your team. They have the chance to do just that.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:12 PM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's one way to do it. I don't want them to package multiple early picks to move up to get a WR. IF you trade Reek, you better go get quality players to add to the core of your team. They have the chance to do just that.
Agreed. Be smart with your draft capital.

They have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. The three deepest positions groups for the Top 100 are: 1. Edge rushers 2. Wide receivers 3. Defensive backs

The 3 positions the Chiefs need to add players the most? 1. Edge rushers 2. Wide receivers 3. Defensive backs. Talk about a happy coincidence.

Take multiple shots at each of those position groups in the first 4 rounds that way you can hopefully hit on at least one. They need to take full advantage of all these picks. Get the roster younger, cheaper and deeper.

Now, that said, if there’s a guy they really like somewhere and they get within 5 picks or so of the Chiefs draft slot, then I wouldn’t be against packaging that pick and a later pick to move up a few spots to get their target. But this nonsense about trading both firsts plus a 3rd or 4th to move up to the 10–15 range to take a playmaking WR is fucking dumb. What a waste of draft picks that would be. And in a draft with several talented WR’s, many of which will still be around in the 2nd round if they don’t grab one in the first.

The Chiefs are set up to do some real long term damage in this draft if they play their cards right . . . . .
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 07:54 AM 04-13-2022
If I were you I'd look into getting some lube
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:02 AM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Agreed. Be smart with your draft capital.

They have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds. The three deepest positions groups for the Top 100 are: 1. Edge rushers 2. Wide receivers 3. Defensive backs

The 3 positions the Chiefs need to add players the most? 1. Edge rushers 2. Wide receivers 3. Defensive backs. Talk about a happy coincidence.

Take multiple shots at each of those position groups in the first 4 rounds that way you can hopefully hit on at least one. They need to take full advantage of all these picks. Get the roster younger, cheaper and deeper.

Now, that said, if there’s a guy they really like somewhere and they get within 5 picks or so of the Chiefs draft slot, then I wouldn’t be against packaging that pick and a later pick to move up a few spots to get their target. But this nonsense about trading both firsts plus a 3rd or 4th to move up to the 10–15 range to take a playmaking WR is fucking dumb. What a waste of draft picks that would be. And in a draft with several talented WR’s, many of which will still be around in the 2nd round if they don’t grab one in the first.

The Chiefs are set up to do some real long term damage in this draft if they play their cards right . . . . .
Exactly.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:00 PM 04-14-2022
Broncos released a hype video and this was what their players were wearing. Their goal is to beat the Chiefs not win the SB :-)
Attached: 8A65E230-A31F-4197-9B06-83C2ECC042D9.jpg (40.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:18 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos released a hype video and this was what their players were wearing. Their goal is to beat the Chiefs not win the SB :-)
Baby steps... gotta beat the Chiefs and likely win the West before you can think about the SB.
[Reply]
TEX 02:22 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Baby steps... gotta beat the Chiefs and likely win the West before you can think about the SB.
Babies fall down a LOT... I think it's hilarious that the Broncos are so obsessed with trying to be beat the Chiefs. Playing KC is their Super Bowl!:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:03 PM 04-14-2022
Babies fall down a LOT... I think it's hilarious that the Broncos are so obsessed with trying to be beat the Chiefs. Playing KC is their Super Bowl!:-)
It's fun, yeah... I remember throwing that out at you guys.

Simply put, KC has been the team to beat and they're the reigning divisional champs. So, yeah every team is gunning for them and goal #1 is to win your division and then advance.

Playing KC isn't the SB. Denver needs to beat KC because it hasn't been done in a while, so they need to do that just to get out of their own heads.
[Reply]
TEX 04:03 PM 04-14-2022
It's fun, yeah... I remember throwing that out at you guys.

Simply put, KC has been the team to beat and they're the reigning divisional champs. So, yeah every team is gunning for them and goal #1 is to win your division and then advance.

Playing KC isn't the SB. Denver needs to beat KC because it hasn't been done in a while, so they need to do that just to get out of their own heads.
When you were throwing it, it was never this bad. Gonna be funny when they fail (again) and their season tanks. Talk about fun! :-)
[Reply]
alanm 04:03 PM 04-14-2022
Sometimes we see what we want to see.
:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:09 PM 04-14-2022
When you were throwing it, it was never this bad. Gonna be funny when they fail (again) and their season tanks. Talk about fun! :-)
Well, the division overall is brutal - we all know that. Denver does not have a perfect team, nobody does really... and while they shouldn't be expected to contend for a SB by most rational people, anyone expecting the same shit of the last few seasons should be surprised.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:12 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Didn't Romeo have your players wearing shirts that said "Play Good Football"?

[Reply]
staylor26 05:18 PM 04-14-2022
Didn't Romeo have your players wearing shirts that said "Play Good Football"?

How is that in any way relevant?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:19 PM 04-14-2022
The Chiefs ARE their SB, pretty clearly.
[Reply]
Page 2845 of 4823
« First < 1845234527452795283528412842284328442845 284628472848284928552895294533453845 > Last »
Up