ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
srvy 09:04 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
I think the main qualification is not handing a gun to an actor that has real bullets in it when it isn't supposed to. Might want to risk a gap for this period on the resume.
That's from a report I am not sure about its accuracy. I just can't fathom that the armorer goes through the process of safeing that gun then sets them in a tray for anyone to fart around with. Completely out of their watchful eye and direct supervision.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:08 PM 10-23-2021
Yeah...I was just joking.

I think it was a series of gaps in safety checks, and Baldwin making the final lapse in it all by pointing a gun he thoughts wasn't loaded and for whatever reason pretending to fire it, not expecting it to go off.

I don't buy it misfiring as he unholstered it. When that happens the barrel is pointed down....for it to fire across a room would take it being well clear of the holder, and leveled.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:10 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't know what qualifications you have to go through to become an armorer. I suspect you don't just wake up one morning and declare it. I suppose some training certification and licensing occurs alone with updating your training. If not holly molly what kinda crap is going on in that industry.
I'll shit sideways if there isn't some government safety regs on it. Firearms are obviously dangerous as fuck, and they're being used, essentially in industry on a jobsite with a lot of people.

The local coop has extensive OSHA involvement. Now grain bins are pretty dangerous, but they're not ostensibly designed to take life LOL.
[Reply]
srvy 09:14 PM 10-23-2021

I think it was a series of gaps in safety checks, and Baldwin making the final lapse in it all by pointing a gun he thoughts wasn't loaded and for whatever reason pretending to fire it, not expecting it to go off.

I don't buy it misfiring as he unholstered it. When that happens the barrel is pointed down....for it to fire across a room would take it being well clear of the holder, and leveled.
Yep how I feel too.

As for the young armorer, who here on the first job that carried a responsibility didn't feel apprehension about doing the job correctly? I really take nothing about those comments but honesty.
[Reply]
oldman 11:30 PM 10-23-2021
They have not named the model just Colt 45.

The Colt Dragoon I believe was a 44 cal. The Colt Walker would have been a 45 and a cartridge gun in that timeframe. It's also the Colt Agustus McCray carried in the tv mini-series, Lonesome Dove.

Colt 45 Walker
Yes, the Dragoon was a 44. My 1851 Navy was a 36. The part I read about what it was is buried in the long post "A vintage Colt Dragoon from the 1800s is seen. The fatal gun was a Colt, but the model and caliber are sill unclear".
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:34 AM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah it seems like she got the gig ONLY because of who her father is and not because of any knowledge he passed down. Well, she's going to have plenty of time to learn about guns in jail. The fact that she's on record saying she was unsure of what she was doing on the other movie shoot seems like it would be a clear cut case of negligence.
She got the gig because she was cheap. More experienced armorers passed on the job because of the film's low budget.
[Reply]
srvy 01:24 AM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Yes, the Dragoon was a 44. My 1851 Navy was a 36. The part I read about what it was is buried in the long post "A vintage Colt Dragoon from the 1800s is seen. The fatal gun was a Colt, but the model and caliber are sill unclear".
The outlaw Josey Waled favored a walker Colt also.

So did Augustus McCrae

So did Kim Darby

[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:06 AM 10-24-2021

That actually is an excellent point.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:08 AM 10-24-2021

So did Augustus McCrae

So did Kim Darby

They might have used a Walker in True Grit but, Duke/Rooster clearly states, “By God, girl that’s a Colt’s Dragoon!”
[Reply]
oldman 05:27 AM 10-24-2021
Depends on where he was in the unholstering process. All that hammer has to do is strike the cap just hard enough to ingnite. If your thumb slips off the hammer when you pull it back, that may be enough. Could the hammer been caught on something when he unholstered? The thing that bothers me is that this or maybe other weapons misfired. I always was very careful to make sure each chamber on the cylinder had grease over it. If this was a percussion pistol there could have been a chain fire. When I looked for a video about loading a percussion pistol, I noticed some of the videos did not show greasing each chamber. I don't know if that's something new, but every cap and ball shooter I've ever known does.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:44 AM 10-24-2021

So did Augustus McCrae

So did Kim Darby

Don't forget Corky Corcoran...

[Reply]
bsroyals54 10:37 AM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The saddest part of it to me is how little of this conversation has had to do with the woman who died.
Because that's the least interesting part of the story, long story short, don't let a woman with green hair be in charge of your firearms, holy shit, if that isn't an affirmative action hire I don't know what is
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:13 AM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
They might have used a Walker in True Grit but, Duke/Rooster clearly states, “By God, girl that’s a Colt’s Dragoon!”
The Duke would be wrong.
That's clearly a Walker she is holding.
[Reply]
seamonster 01:34 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by bsroyals54:
Because that's the least interesting part of the story, long story short, don't let a woman with green hair be in charge of your firearms, holy shit, if that isn't an affirmative action hire I don't know what is
The lady that the Baldwin moron shot was a Ukranian immigrant. Married with a child.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:23 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
The Duke would be wrong.
That's clearly a Walker she is holding.
I wouldn’t say he is wrong so much as he read the lines he was given. It wouldn’t be the first time Hollywood has used the wrong prop (intentionally or not).
[Reply]
Page 28 of 36
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up