ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 36
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:22 AM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
did someone die in a refrigerator?
Was Frazod in the area?
[Reply]
Otter 11:25 AM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Because he was the holding the fucking gun when the tragedy happened.

Add in the possibility he might have been complaining about unqualified armorers on set and his responsibility goes way up. If he thought they were unsafe it is even more incumbent on him to check the weapon himself.

LOL @ the idiotic notion that calling out unsafe practices is enough by itself to absolve someone of responsibility.
I'd question if he knows how to check a weapon.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:26 AM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
He's handled them in films enough to know.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:31 AM 10-23-2021
Take everything else out of it, someone, . . . perhaps a very expert and very learned someone, but someone besides you is the point, . . . someone hands you an operational weapon and tells you to point it at your child and pull the trigger, . . . it's OK it's safe to do so.

What do you do?
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not even close to the same thing.

But like I said earlier, some people can't seem to separate a film prop from reality.

Enjoy.
It is the same, in terms of danger and consequence.

He was handed a gun, he was told it was safe, it was an operational gun, he pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger. . . . What crucial distinction do you see?

I don't think your observation about separating a film prop from 'reality' settles the way you'd like to think. Reality is this was a real gun that really killed someone. That reality doesn't go away.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:34 AM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Yeah. Seems like, if Baldwin is going to get blame here (if the story stays as it is), then actors should get firearm training as part of taking on roles like this so they are at least equipped to handle a weapon and check for issues like this.
[Reply]
Jamie 11:36 AM 10-23-2021
If this was some instructional course on gun safety and he just popped off a round and killed someone I might have beef with the man. But we are talking about a movie prop that was seemingly loaded with live ammunition. Even if he was fucking inspecting the gun are we to assume that an actor is going to identify blank rounds vs live?
Plus the movie was a Western and the gun was a revolver, and probably would have been loaded with dummy rounds in the cylinder. And actually I wonder if it's as simple as a live round got mixed up with a dummy round, because it sounds like the scene they were shooting didn't actually involve firing a blank.
[Reply]
Otter 11:37 AM 10-23-2021

He was handed a gun, he was told it was safe, it was an operational gun, he pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger. . . . What crucial distinction do you see?

I don't think your observation about separating a film prop from 'reality' settles the way you'd like to think. Reality is this was a real gun that really killed someone. That reality doesn't go away.
If I get a gun pointed at me I'm instinctively getting the fuck out of the way. Like I said, the level of incompetence here is hard to believe. Still say there's a good chance there's intentional fuckery involved.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:37 AM 10-23-2021

It was a prop gun loaded with live ammunition by a armorer on set. If a fucking armorer can't tell the difference between a live round and a dummy round then I don't expect Alec Baldwin to be able to distinguish them apart.

There is a huge difference in the setting of where these guns were being handled and how live ammunition is suppose to be prohibited on set, according to people working in Hollywood chiming in on this matter.

Pretty damn good odds Alec Baldwin isn't charged with anything and it has nothing to fucking do with his celebrity status.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 11:54 AM 10-23-2021
It was a prop gun loaded with live ammunition by a armorer on set. If a ****ing armorer can't tell the difference between a live round and a dummy round then I don't expect Alec Baldwin to be able to distinguish them apart.

There is a huge difference in the setting of where these guns were being handled and how live ammunition is suppose to be prohibited on set, according to people working in Hollywood chiming in on this matter.

Pretty damn good odds Alec Baldwin isn't charged with anything and it has nothing to ****ing do with his celebrity status.
That's the way I understand the latest reports. Live rounds. But Baldwin shouldn't have pointed a gun (and fired) at anyone in jest. You just don't do that. He's culpable in that he should know better. The armorer is in a whole shitload of trouble.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:00 PM 10-23-2021
BTW, for those of you think it is some how difficult to tell the difference between live and blank rounds -

[Reply]
jd1020 12:02 PM 10-23-2021
BTW, for those of you think it is some how difficult to tell the difference between live and blank rounds -
Send this to the armorer on the set of Rust before something bad happens. Oh wait....
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:08 PM 10-23-2021
Send this to the armorer on the set of Rust before something bad happens. Oh wait....
No where have I stated the armorer does not share in the culpability.

But, at the end of the day when the gun went off, it was in Baldwin's hand. Nothing you can say or point to changes that fact. As an individual who owns and carries firearms I can tell you that any gun I am holding in my hands I am ultimately responsible for, even if it isn't even my gun. Consider it a sort of take on possession being 9/10ths the law.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:09 PM 10-23-2021
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
But Baldwin shouldn't have pointed a gun (and fired) at anyone in jest.
If you're referring to the rumor that he was joking about doing another take, that's fake. From the LA Times article that was posted earlier, it happened while the crew was setting up the shot, and he was rehearsing pulling the gun out of the holster.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:13 PM 10-23-2021
No where have I stated the armorer does not share in the culpability.

But, at the end of the day when the gun went off, it was in Baldwin's hand. Nothing you can say or point to changes that fact. As an individual who owns and carries firearms I can tell you that any gun I am holding in my hands I am ultimately responsible for, even if it isn't even my gun. Consider it a sort of take on possession being 9/10ths the law.
Also consider you aren't on the set of a fucking movie.

This easy to understand fact is so hard for some of you to wrap your head around.
[Reply]
srvy 12:15 PM 10-23-2021

[Reply]
Page 22 of 36
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up