ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 140
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:53 AM 04-24-2019
If they take Julian Love....I’m fucked. I’ll never hear the end of the Russell comparisons.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:54 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
There's no "smoke" but in your imagination.
Watkins
Hitchens
No Earl Thomas trade (rumor that we also sought other DB trades last year too)
Underwhelming trade comp for Ford
Underwhelming comp for Peters
No comp at all for houston
Huge trade comp for frank clark
Tons of credible rumors of us desperately shopping for trades at spring meetings.

Cmon, are you really going to say that all these deals paint a picture of shrewd negotiation? I know many will make excuses for each of these transactions individually. But how many individual excuses can you make without acknowledging a pattern?
[Reply]
srvy 08:55 AM 04-24-2019
This is going to be one of those threads where people repeat over and over their defense or distaste for the trade. Whats done is done move on this train ain't stopping till the parade.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 04-24-2019
One positive is that Clark plays hard as fuck, all the time. He's also physical as shit. He's not a "play around a guy" type of player.

He's a dog.

We needed dogs.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Watkins
Hitchens

Tons of credible rumors of us desperately shopping for trades at spring meetings.

Cmon, are you really going to say that all these deals paint a picture of shrewd negotiation? I know many will make excuses for each of these transactions individually. But how many individual excuses can you make without acknowledging a pattern?
Cmon... the market is what the market is. Ford was not a good all around player, Peters was a fuck stain and teams new it, Houston is a shell of his former self.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:59 AM 04-24-2019
So you wanted to pay Houston 21 million this year when, after being released, he got less than 15 mil? You can't force a player to take a pay cut, you pay him or you don't. No one else was willing to pay him that either so he was released.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:00 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn't force it at LB.
If the alternative is letting the LBs stagnate to the point we're dumpster diving like what happened with the CBs last year, I'd rather force it now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:00 AM 04-24-2019
Watkins
Hitchens

I wish Veech was more like Carl Peterson- he out-negotiated every team bringing in Mighty Mouse and Carlton Gray. He really played hardball with Dan Williams- who never played another snap for us. And thankfully he traded that "Young man at risk" Jared Allen to the Vikes to make sure we had no pass rush for 5 years.

Man I miss the Good ol' days.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If the alternative is letting the LBs stagnate to the point we're dumpster diving like what happened with the CBs last year, I'd rather force it now.
I'd rather get better talent at Corner or TE or whatever, than take a LB that isn't very good.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:01 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Suspended for not being a good dad? Half the NFL would be out of a job.

The people whining about Clark's past in college probably don't even watch football and now are somehow triggered. They should just shut the **** up and mind their own affairs.
these people whining probably work with people that have a history as bad or worse then him
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:01 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re an idiot dude. If Veach could’ve gotten more, he would have. It’s really that simple.
And you're a complete homer if you look at the totality of veachs work and want to sell anyone that we consistently get good value out of our negotiations. Again, I like veachs work including the Clark deal. But he's not a great negotiator and you're putting some heavy spin on a lot of underwhelming deals to make it sound otherwise.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:02 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Cmon... the market is what the market is. Ford was not a good all around player, Peters was a **** stain and teams new it, Houston is a shell of his former self.
We've asked 20 times what better offers were on the table that Veach passed on.

All we have is a vague claim that somebody wanted to trade picks for a broken down Houston and Veach decided he didn't want more draft picks, or that someone thought Ford was worth more and Veach decided he didn't want more, and - etc
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:02 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
One positive is that Clark plays hard as ****, all the time. He's also physical as shit. He's not a "play around a guy" type of player.

He's a dog.

We needed dogs.
This.

We need some of THAT attitude on this defense. Clark and Honey Badger will certainly help with that.

This team's defense was 'soft' last year (Berry, Houston, etc.). That is why they lost to the Pats in Arrowhead. The defense, in addition to needing a scheme change, needed an attitude overhaul.

They are doing just that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:03 AM 04-24-2019
And you're a complete homer if you look at the totality of veachs work and want to sell anyone that we consistently get good value out of our negotiations. Again, I like veachs work including the Clark deal. But he's not a great negotiator and you're putting some heavy spin on a lot of underwhelming deals to make it sound otherwise.
Ok Swami, Tell us how you would have did things differently, blanket criticism is old.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:04 AM 04-24-2019
:-)

Look at what the guy has done. He is aggressive as hell. Had to remake defense, did.

We’ll see what the results are, but what he’s doing is a lot better than sitting around bargain hunting for value.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 140
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Up