ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 469
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
nychief 12:49 PM 04-11-2022
Cal Eldred isn't helping anything.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Can someone who has watched the kid pitch more than me, clue me in a bit. Million dollar arm .05 head? Can't handle the spotlight? Best AAAA pitcher ever?

Always thought he’d be the best one and he’s a dumpster fire.
Kowar?

He has 2 pitches..one of them is a fastball he doesn't locate well. He basically is out of the zone when he tries to hit edges, when he comes over the plate he's basically in the light it up zone.

His ability to locate his fastball is dogshit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:07 PM 04-11-2022
Ventura's death hurts the most bc that is the legit ace pitcher who was under team control. We make the playoffs in 2017 for sure if he he didn't die. Things look different for the entire organization as well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:11 PM 04-11-2022
Heads certainly need to roll if this group of pitching candidates doesn't pan out. At minimum, Cal Eldred (a grumpy old-school guy who doesn't believe in analytics is about the worst MLB pitching coach you can have at an org that uses young pitchers as much as KC needs to use them). But you all know I have never been a fan or on board with bringing him in.

Singer and Kowar were both available where they were because they had questions about third pitches. I know many were higher on Kowar, but the guy just doesn't seem to have a feel for spin and probably never will. Singer with his changeup, who knows.

I do think Daniel Lynch is the best of the bunch, but let's not forget the guy was blatantly tipping pitches when he got rocked at the MLB level last year, went down to the minors, had it pointed out, and fixed it (thanks, Eldred, good job, buddy). He has always been the highest upside guy from that group. I think Bubic is good enough to be a back-end guy, but unless he really locks in the new slider is just that. I'm not super optimistic they get more than a late-inning high leverage guy from Singer and Kowar (Probably Singer).

So Lynch kind of becomes the linch pin for that class. I like Bowlan also, with his command and feel for pitching. Hopefully those come back from TJ rehab intact.

They have made a lot of changes to the development system and kudos to them for the effort. Time for results, though.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:01 PM 04-11-2022
This many years and so many pitchers sucking has to result in accountability. And that just doesn't happen with the Royals, it never has.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:19 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
This many years and so many pitchers sucking has to result in accountability. And that just doesn't happen with the Royals, it never has.
Accountability went by the wayside when 2014 & 2015 happened. That bought Dayton a LOT of rope, otherwise he would have been gone long ago. Dayton may not be the GM anymore, but it's still his regime. But the goodwill will quickly vanish if the 2018 pitching class (4 picks in the Top 40) all flame out and they fail to hit on any. Lynch is, quite literally, the 'Lynchpin' (as Duncan stated) of that class right now . . . . .
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:17 AM 04-12-2022
Kowar demoted.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Kowar demoted.
That's yesterday's news, bruh.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:28 PM 04-12-2022
It’s time for the Royals to re-evaluate how to acquire pitching

https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/4/...quire-pitching
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:55 PM 04-12-2022

picking Singer with the pick before Nolan Gorman was selected is looking like a pretty big mistake
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:00 PM 04-12-2022

Using the Cubs team that was loaded but had no pitching wouldn't be who I would try to recreate.
[Reply]
Coach 08:18 PM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That's yesterday's news, bruh.
You'll have to forgive him. He operates from running his DVR and he has to catch up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:22 PM 04-12-2022
Can't wait for Skunkheads butt buddy to go
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 04-12-2022, 08:23 PM
This message has been deleted by FlorentinePogen.
Prison Bitch 10:32 PM 04-12-2022
Another turd dropped by a young starter
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:47 PM 04-12-2022
Meh. Lynch looked much better than the other 3 tonight. Threw a high strike percentage, wasn’t walking guys, getting his slider over. Nasty wind to pitch with tonight. He was on cruise at times. I’m not worried about him based on what I saw in this game.

I am, however, significantly worried about the other 3 from the Top 40.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 469
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up