ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 295
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Generally speaking, so have we when you put a competent RB in the game.

Big difference is, Swift is only going to see six or seven man boxes here. Teams who play us are far more terrified of Mahomes, Kelce, and formerly Hill.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing that Swift would be better. Me and Detoxing had a similar debate before the draft that year. I preferred Swift, and still would.

But despite being more talented, Swift is somehow significantly more injury prone.

Honestly, outside of Taylor, that entire RB class has been a huge disappointment.

CEH, Swift, Dobbins, and Akers are all looking like busts at this point for one reason or another.
[Reply]
-King- 09:27 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Detroit has had a really good OL for 2 years now.

Swift's biggest issue is that he can't stay healthy, not his situation.
Him and CEH have played the same number of games. They're both injury prone.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Him and CEH have played the same number of games. They're both injury prone.
CEH has only really had 2 injuries, and one was just a very freak accident when he was twisted up. Many thought it would be worse than it was.

I'm giving CEH the benefit of the doubt, because he's been healthy so far in year 3.

Meanwhile, for the 3rd year in a row, Swift has already missed multiple games. He literally didn't make it out of week 1 without getting hurt.

He's always banged up, and has played hurt some games too.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 PM 10-19-2022
Not saying CEH hasn't been a little injury prone himself, but he might be the only one that can even make it through a full season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:39 PM 10-19-2022
CEH hasn't lived up to my expectations but there is still football to be played. He has done some good things but the big thing is for him to hit the hole and that shouldn't be hard behind this line. I'm not giving up on him even if I curbed my expectations. I just expected him play above his rookie season and hasn't happened yet. I think they need to work harder at establishing the run because our book end tackles suck in pass protection but better at run blocking. Keep rotating the backs Keep them fresh for the playoffs. I want to save McKinnon as much as possible for playoffs.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:43 AM 10-20-2022
Reasonable to say lots of smart people liked the CEH pick. But I never want to hear from the "Poople saying never take a RB in the 1st round are full of it" lot again. You're wrong, you've always been wrong, it is a sh***y stupid move and you can bet Veach isn't dumb enough make that mistake again.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 06:17 AM 10-20-2022
Swift is soft. Not nearly enough dog in him.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:28 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Reasonable to say lots of smart people liked the CEH pick. But I never want to hear from the "Poople saying never take a RB in the 1st round are full of it" lot again. You're wrong, you've always been wrong, it is a sh***y stupid move and you can bet Veach isn't dumb enough make that mistake again.
If we had gotten anything close to Kareem Hunt it would totally be worth it. Our offense has never been the same since we lost Hunt. And obviously it isn't trivially easy to replace him (the myth about RBs) - because we've been trying for a while with zero luck.

I feel like the "RBs don't matter" mantra has swung too far the other way. Everyone just repeats it as dogma now w/o even thinking about it. Maybe RBs don't matter as much when you have a shitty QB. But right now we are dying for a RB that makes teams think twice about these ultra-light boxes. Teams don't fear our running game at all. And with our OL, they should. But our RBs suck.

Also if your late 1st-round RB turns out to be a stud, you can ride him for 5 years and then let him walk for a big payday elsewhere when he's just about used up anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Eh, I'm all for a rule of not taking a RB in the top 20, and it's not my preference to take one on the 1st, but I stand by the fact that there's virtually no difference in taking one at 32 and taking one at 35.

If the Chiefs got a back like Breece Hall at 32, the pick would've been fine.

I would agree that if you're going to do it, you better be right, and it better be a hit, but I will never agree to it as a rule that you can never break.
[Reply]
scho63 11:06 AM 10-20-2022
We thought CEH would be an 8/10
CEH is a 5/10
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:23 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
We thought CEH would be an 8/10
CEH is a 5/10
Yep, he just doesn't break tackles. Hell he doesn't even fall forward for the extra yard. Very much like if you pulled his flag, down at the point of contact.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:59 AM 10-20-2022
Eh, I'm all for a rule of not taking a RB in the top 20, and it's not my preference to take one on the 1st, but I stand by the fact that there's virtually no difference in taking one at 32 and taking one at 35.

If the Chiefs got a back like Breece Hall at 32, the pick would've been fine.

I would agree that if you're going to do it, you better be right, and it better be a hit, but I will never agree to it as a rule that you can never break.
Using CEH as evidence against picking RBs in the first is smooth-brained logic. He was over drafted based off his measurables alone. First round RB's should be of a certain size/speed, with outstanding production in college
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:12 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Guys like Kenyan Drake, James Conner and Sony Michel have been freely available the last 2 seasons and have all had better production over that timespan than Clyde has had.

The Chiefs made no effort whatsoever to bring Darrel Williams back and he was showing himself to be superior to CEH in passing situations and equally bleh running the ball.

If they had invested in Clyde what they invested in Darrel (which is to say - nothing), I don't think he'd be here anymore. Frankly, he'd have never have gotten the amount of opportunities he's gotten to this point, or will evidently continue to get.

He's the living embodiment of divestiture aversion.

I know I’m late to this but I too believe he is only getting the time he does because of his draft position. Let’s not forget he was the first RB taken in that draft. They had their pick of litter and failed miserably.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 10-20-2022
Let's just say the Chiefs drafted a clone of Christian McCaffrey at 32 that year.

Do you honestly believe it would make sense to still say they shouldn't have taken a RB?

If you got a back like that at 32 on a cheap rookie deal with a 5th year option, that's a great pick.

That's the only real appeal to me in taking a RB though. A team that is already a SB contender adding a Christian McCaffrey level back for 5 cheap years.

When you're the Panthers and take him at 8, then proceed to waste all that time being trash, then it's obviously not worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 10-20-2022
Let's just say the Chiefs drafted a clone of Christian McCaffrey at 32 that year.

Do you honestly believe it would make sense to still say they shouldn't have taken a RB?

If you got a back like that at 32 on a cheap rookie deal with a 5th year option, that's a great pick.

That's the only real appeal to me in taking a RB though. A team that is already a SB contender adding a Christian McCaffrey level back for 5 cheap years.

When you're the Panthers and take him at 8, then proceed to waste all that time being trash, then it's obviously not worth it.
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
[Reply]
Page 261 of 295
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Up