ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 190
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:56 AM 07-01-2021
Has a team ever had a playoff run where every single opponant has had key players missing?

Denver= no Murray or Harris
LA= Davis injured and Lebron banged up
Clippers= Kawhi gone and Zubac got injured.

Good luck to the Suns but the luck they've had has been ridiculous tbh.
[Reply]
eDave 03:00 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Has a team ever had a playoff run where every single team has had key players missing?

Clippers= Kawhi gone and Zubac git injured.

Suns haven't exactly been 100% healthy and luck is a big component in winning any championship.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:53 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Suns haven't exactly been 100% healthy and luck is a big component in winning any championship.
Not THIS much luck though. We're talking about some of the very best players in the league missing all through their run. And if Trae Young or Giannis remain banged up in the finals this run of luck would go to even more ridiculous levels.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:33 AM 07-01-2021
CP3 has been the straw the stirs his drink wherever he goes. Once he leaves, the team falls apart (Clippers). Or once he arrives, the team rises up to a point they never were before (OKC, PHX).

I'm surprised KCConnection likes him since he doesn't only shoot 3's and layups. He loves himself the mid-range --- and he's damn good at it. It puts pressure on defenses and breaks them down.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:07 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Has a team ever had a playoff run where every single opponant has had key players missing?

Clippers= Kawhi gone and Zubac got injured.

I get your point but the Suns also had the 2nd best record in the West behind Utah...who got knocked out despite no injuries I believe. During the regular season the Suns were 1-3 against both the Clippers and Denver and 2-1 against the Lakers. Suns won first two games against the Clippers without Paul...our best player so while there's an argument that injuries have helped the Suns they did SWEEP Denver and beat LA with Davis on the court during their series. The Suns are a deep team...
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:10 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
CP3 has been the straw the stirs his drink wherever he goes. Once he leaves, the team falls apart (Clippers). Or once he arrives, the team rises up to a point they never were before (OKC, PHX).

I'm surprised KCConnection likes him since he doesn't only shoot 3's and layups. He loves himself the mid-range --- and he's damn good at it. It puts pressure on defenses and breaks them down.
He took over that fourth quarter last night. I love the fact that he destroyed them so badly that Beverly lost his mind and shoved him. Beverly has been taunting the Suns the whole series so I was glad to see him get some smack right back in his face to the point it made him out to be the ass he is.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:21 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
He took over that fourth quarter last night. I love the fact that he destroyed them so badly that Beverly lost his mind and shoved him. Beverly has been taunting the Suns the whole series so I was glad to see him get some smack right back in his face to the point it made him out to be the ass he is.
I want to know what CP3 said about Beverly's mom to make him snap like that. CP3 was real cool about it too. Beverly's face transformed into pure rage.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 AM 07-01-2021
Guys like Harden can't stand CP3 because he demands attention to detail, professionalism and trying to play winning basketball.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:53 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I want to know what CP3 said about Beverly's mom to make him snap like that. CP3 was real cool about it too. Beverly's face transformed into pure rage.
I watched the replay a couple of times and aside from a quick glance I didn't see that CP said anything. I wonder if somebody else said something and he that Paul had said it. Either way it was fun to see him get tossed. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:09 AM 07-01-2021
One thing I have learned from this year's playoffs is that the mid range shot is going to make a come back. It is almost a guaranteed 2 pts if you are decent shooter.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:19 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
One thing I have learned from this year's playoffs is that the mid range shot is going to make a come back. It is almost a guaranteed 2 pts if you are decent shooter.
I sure hope so. Chris Paul is great at it. Instead of driving to the rim like a bull on meth desperately attempting to get a foul like so many other players, he drives to about 15 feet away from the basket and then operates from there. It's pretty damn effective.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
One thing teams do not recognize is there is greater variance in a 3point shot than a 2point shot so yes shooting 3's in a vacuum is more points per possession but you have to consider the situation.

It's kind of like ICM in tournament poker. The goal is to win the game, right? So if you are up by 20 in the 3rd quarter you should stop taking less threes and take shots that have less variance (more two pointers). Conversely I see so many teams down by 25 points and they try to force it inside - ESPECIALLY IN COLLEGE. You'll hear the announcer say stupid shit like you don't need a 3 - well actually you kind of do if your goal is to win the game. Now if your goal is to feel better and lose by 8, maybe keep trying those two pointers when you are behind and getting blown out.

Situational awareness is what it comes down to. And lets be honest, when the game is on the line it's harder to get an open 3 or an open lay up because guys are playing at 110% defensive pressure, and getting a mid-range jump shot may be the easiest and most effective play in some of those situations.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:29 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I get your point but the Suns also had the 2nd best record in the West behind Utah...who got knocked out despite no injuries I believe. During the regular season the Suns were 1-3 against both the Clippers and Denver and 2-1 against the Lakers. Suns won first two games against the Clippers without Paul...our best player so while there's an argument that injuries have helped the Suns they did SWEEP Denver and beat LA with Davis on the court during their series. The Suns are a deep team...
Utah didn't have Mike Conley. Conley only played the last game of the series and didn't look right in that game. Without him, they're a 4/5 seed this season.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:38 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I sure hope so. Chris Paul is great at it. Instead of driving to the rim like a bull on meth desperately attempting to get a foul like so many other players, he drives to about 15 feet away from the basket and then operates from there. It's pretty damn effective.
Yep and Booker as well. With teams defending the 3 pt line harder there is so much space in the mid-range area. All point guards should be practicing shooting around the free throw line in a little bit below. Trae Young has his floater which is really good and he shoots it in that area.
[Reply]
MTG#10 11:42 AM 07-01-2021
Every team deals with injuries every year in every sport. Its part of it. Trying to discount the Suns run is ignorant and reeks of butthurt.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 190
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Up