View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 342 of 343
« First < 242292332338339340341342 343 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:46 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think you can say a guy whose never played there and was a good not great RT has bigger upside. He could absolutely end up better, he certainly is more athletic. But given the choice of these 2 deals nobody sane would pick Taylor over Brown. I'm hopeful, but I'm also pissed off, because I absolutely f***ing hate the Bengals.
Umm...That's literally the definition of 'upside'. It means he could very well end up getting better.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:17 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think he's gonna get every bit of that 25M a year to be honest. Somebody will pay him. Hes better than Taylor. If we paid 20M for Taylor and OBJ has to sign for 17M per then we did it wrong. And this is coming from a guy who thinks OBJ is vastly overrated.

Taylor has a chance to be better due to his athleticism and profile, but there are no guarantees.
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:31 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
People forget, at one point midway through the season, Brown and Wylie were the two worst rated tackles in the league in terms of the most pressures allowed. There were articles written about this. It was pretty bad. The playoff performance was an outlier in the grand scheme of things. Motivated by Mahomes' injury and Andy's adjustments in getting rid of the ball quicker.
Yeah. The tackle play was really poor the first half of the year. The way that unit got it together in the postseason was pretty remarkable.

Same with Wylie ... he basically was mediocre for 5 full years, but puts together 2-3 A- games at the end and leaves with a fairly good reputation among Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:37 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
People forget, at one point midway through the season, Brown and Wylie were the two worst rated tackles in the league in terms of the most pressures allowed. There were articles written about this. It was pretty bad. The playoff performance was an outlier in the grand scheme of things. Motivated by Mahomes' injury and Andy's adjustments in getting rid of the ball quicker.
No, they ended the year as the two worst in pressures surrendered.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:43 AM 03-16-2023
That's a great deal for the Bengals
[Reply]
Lzen 08:00 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That was actually enjoyable. I don't hate on Orlando. I am glad that the Chiefs didn't cave to his contract demands. But he got paid by the Bengals so good for him. I do find it hilarious that he didn't get anywhere near what he thought he was worth. Oh well. I think the Chiefs might actually come out of this better in the long run.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That's a great deal for the Bengals
One that he should have signed in KC, So whiy didn't he? How did so much bad blood develop?
Or Veach decided he didn't want the guy and we need to move on?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:20 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Has anyone bet on themselves and failed more spectacularly than Oh Blow J?:-)

17th highest paid left tackle.
It’s about what he’s worth.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:21 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
One that he should have signed in KC, So whiy didn't he? How did so much bad blood develop?
We wanted better than average.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:21 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That was actually enjoyable. I don't hate on Orlando. I am glad that the Chiefs didn't cave to his contract demands. But he got paid by the Bengals so good for him. I do find it hilarious that he didn't get anywhere near what he thought he was worth. Oh well. I think the Chiefs might actually come out of this better in the long run.
I agree.

The Bengals upgraded from bad to average at a key position. They paid a fair market price for that. That's marginally bad for us.

We saved tons of money we almost spent on a bad contract for an average player. That's definitely good for us.

No hate on OBJ from me, just a deal that didn't really work out. Next man up
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:23 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We gave Taylor 60 guaranteed and Brown got 43. Half of what he actually wanted. Once we signed Taylor any deal was off. At the time he wanted like 80 guaranteed. But after day one it's obvious he wasn't getting it so he settled.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:26 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Umm...That's literally the definition of 'upside'. It means he could very well end up getting better.
Yeah my point is you COULD say he has better upside, it may be the case, I just don't think you can say it with any confidence if a guy has never played in that position.
[Reply]
redfan 08:53 AM 03-16-2023
He's a grade A prima-donna flake, thanks for everything and goodbye.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:54 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah my point is you COULD say he has better upside, it may be the case, I just don't think you can say it with any confidence if a guy has never played in that position.
Well, I would answer that there's every reason to believe this plan will work. Taylor is vastly superior athletically; he's the exact opposite of Brown. He's gotten better each season, and is still 25. Quick feet, good technique. Other than some sort of catastrophic injury, the WORST case scenario is that he can't adjust to opposite movement, so you move him back to RT and have to figure out LT-and in that case, you slightly overpaid. Much more likely, you've solved LT with a guy who's skillset actually matches your offense at a decent deal for the next few seasons.

You guys are going to have to get used to this. We're paying Mahomes 23% of our cap, which means we're going to have to take swings on potential and hit on them to keep pace.

This is a high floor, high ceiling signing. The floor is a good RT that's young and still getting better. The ceiling is that you've solved your LT situation for half a decade.There are projectable traits here, and we're going to have to trust Veach, Reid, and Heck.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:55 AM 03-16-2023
Added annoyance will be if/when the Bengals pick a RT in the 1st that we like. Hope we counter with finding a speed rusher at DE. I know, I know, this isn't really a mature approach to drafting, but I want to bury the Bengals forever.
[Reply]
Page 342 of 343
« First < 242292332338339340341342 343 >
Up