View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 341 of 343
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:49 PM 03-15-2023
Thanks for shoring up the position and for the ship, OBJ!
[Reply]
DRM08 08:50 PM 03-15-2023
Took a deal that was 15-20% lower salary than the Chiefs offered.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:19 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pants:
I think it's more due to the fact that he demands to be paid like an elite LT despite not being one.

One might call it "trying to do the best for himself" while another might call it "being unreasonable."
And he got screwed because of it.

I'm not upset with him. I just don't care anymore and we move on.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:31 PM 03-15-2023
I guess free agency was a bit of a wake up call.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:04 PM 03-15-2023
Has anyone bet on themselves and failed more spectacularly than Oh Blow J?:-)

17th highest paid left tackle.
[Reply]
TEX 10:11 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Exactly.
[Reply]
TEX 10:11 PM 03-15-2023

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Has anyone bet on themselves and failed more spectacularly than Oh Blow J?:-)

17th highest paid left tackle.
Thats about right.
[Reply]
Pants 11:10 PM 03-15-2023

For sure.

I am also relieved a little bit, TBH. I am also happy he went to Cincy. :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 01:17 AM 03-16-2023
Can't say I'm happy about it at all. He's a big upgrade for Cincy at a fair price, and they just sat there and had it given to them by his idiocy. We have a more expensive, less proven guy
[Reply]
DRM08 01:26 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Can't say I'm happy about it at all. He's a big upgrade for Cincy at a fair price, and they just sat there and had it given to them by his idiocy. We have a more expensive, less proven guy
You have a guy with bigger upside who is willing to play Right Tackle, whereas Orlando refuses to do that.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:39 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You have a guy with bigger upside who is willing to play Right Tackle, whereas Orlando refuses to do that.
I don't think you can say a guy whose never played there and was a good not great RT has bigger upside. He could absolutely end up better, he certainly is more athletic. But given the choice of these 2 deals nobody sane would pick Taylor over Brown. I'm hopeful, but I'm also pissed off, because I absolutely f***ing hate the Bengals.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:05 AM 03-16-2023
It's wild to me just how done Veach was with this dude. They let him walk into free agency and didn't even pick up the phone to check in on him. Veach can be one shrewd dude and he stuck to his guns. Decided to go with a $20 million dollar project instead.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:19 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's wild to me just how done Veach was with this dude. They let him walk into free agency and didn't even pick up the phone to check in on him. Veach can be one shrewd dude and he stuck to his guns. Decided to go with a $20 million dollar project instead.

He’s either a genious or he is riding the coat tails of Reid/Mahomes who he concludes will be able to win with whatever tools they are given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:33 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think you can say a guy whose never played there and was a good not great RT has bigger upside. He could absolutely end up better, he certainly is more athletic. But given the choice of these 2 deals nobody sane would pick Taylor over Brown. I'm hopeful, but I'm also pissed off, because I absolutely f***ing hate the Bengals.
Brown gave up more than double the amount of pressures when compared to Taylor, last season. His lack of athleticism is what got him beat constantly. If it wasn't for Mahomes' houdini escapability and Mckinnon's great blocking, it would've fared a lot worse.
The guy is not a quality LT and that's why most teams refused to budge. Bungholes moved in as they were desperate. If he can perform that poorly in a contract year, competing in a SB, what other motivation does he have left? This was his big contract and it's underwhelming for him. Do you think he will play better all of the sudden? I don't.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:37 AM 03-16-2023
People forget, at one point midway through the season, Brown and Wylie were the two worst rated tackles in the league in terms of the most pressures allowed. There were articles written about this. It was pretty bad. The playoff performance was an outlier in the grand scheme of things. Motivated by Mahomes' injury and Andy's adjustments in getting rid of the ball quicker.
[Reply]
Page 341 of 343
« First < 241291331337338339340341 342343 >
Up