View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 333 of 343
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
hawkchief 03:56 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He has nobody to blame but himself. He hired a guy with no experience.
Plus, he's not a top-tier LT, top-end RT, maybe. These fools like OBJ that think just because they say it, it's reality, deserve what they get. Good riddance - tired of dealing with his delusions of grandeur and watching him hold the Chiefs over a barrell.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah.... He may very well get his $$$ from a team like the Bears that literally has to spend to be cap floor compliant, but that agent has already shown he is completely incompetent at what he does. Seems more like a guy Orlando found that would just nod yes like a bobblehead to any of his demands rather than an experienced agent with relationships that could've set the proper expectations.
OBJ just wanted a yes man. Someone to tell him that he was correct in what he thought he was worth. A normal agent would have told him what he’s heard about him and helped set his expectations.

OBJ could be in for a long FA period if he doesn’t pull his head out of his ass.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:57 PM 03-14-2023
:-) Might have to watch that live.
It’s going to be a funny sales pitch
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 03-14-2023
Absolutely
[Reply]
O.city 03:59 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
OBJ just wanted a yes man. Someone to tell him that he was correct in what he thought he was worth. A normal agent would have told him what he’s heard about him and helped set his expectations.

OBJ could be in for a long FA period if he doesn’t pull his head out of his ass.
I don't really know what he does from here man. He's not getting 20 mil a year at this point, anything less makes him look like a fool for not signing that and staying in KC.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:59 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Yet, yet all of us on here who said he wasn't very good at LT were told he was a top 10 if not top 5 LT. :-)
Meh. We won a Chip with him at LT so not going to get all that feisty about it, but it did get pretty tiresome having the phrase "YoU jUsT dOnT uNdErStAnD oL pLaY" bandied about when you criticized him for what the entire fucking league sees apparently.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:01 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't really know what he does from here man. He's not getting 20 mil a year at this point, anything less makes him look like a fool for not signing that and staying in KC.
His best bet is to find somewhere that he can take a 1 year deal and show them that he can play LT in their offense. Either that or he needs to tell teams he’ll play RT and sign a contract to do it. I’m just not sure his ego will let him do either of those.
[Reply]
oldman 04:01 PM 03-14-2023

But I'll be he was cheaper than Rosenhaus!!!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 03-14-2023
His best bet is to find somewhere that he can take a 1 year deal and show them that he can play LT in their offense. Either that or he needs to tell teams he’ll play RT and sign a contract to do it. I’m just not sure his ego will let him do either of those.
I don't see any chance he does either.

I'd guess he sits out til camps start, hopes someone gets hurt, takes a deal and goes from there.

It's wild it came to this for the guy.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:03 PM 03-14-2023
Meh. We won a Chip with him at LT so not going to get all that feisty about it, but it did get pretty tiresome having the phrase "YoU jUsT dOnT uNdErStAnD oL pLaY" bandied about when you criticized him for what the entire ****ing league sees apparently.
Yeah, an even bigger testament to how fucking good Patrick Mahomes is -- (much?) below league average pass-blocker at LT last two seasons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 03-14-2023
What more can he prove at LT, though? He is what he is. The same guy that walked through the doors here after we traded for him. Pretty good OT but has some significant flaws that Reid and Mahomes helped mitigate.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:08 PM 03-14-2023
What more can he prove at LT, though? He is what he is. The same guy that walked through the doors here after we traded for him. Pretty good OT but has some significant flaws that Reid and Mahomes helped mitigate.
He looked good in Baltimore’s offense at LT. If he could talk the Bears into a one year deal and then excel in their offense…he could get a decent payday. Not top 3 by any means….but still good money.

He also has $16 million and a Super Bowl ring….so he could retire and be just fine.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:10 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-)

Schefter just said the league views Brown as a RT not a LT
Yeah so do the football gods. The only person that sees him as a LT is Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:16 PM 03-14-2023

I was just about to post this. OBJ didn't want an agent...he wanted a "yes man".
He got it!
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 04:18 PM 03-14-2023
He helped us win a Super Bowl and for that I'll forever be grateful to him, but he saved us from ourselves by not accepting that contract offer last year and whatever Veach was offering this year before the franchise tag deadline. I'm grateful to him for that as well. He's just not a very good fit for Mahomes and Reid. They schemed around his limitations in this offense and won a SB with him, but what they really need is athletic left and right tackles. Taylor is a much better fit for that reason. Orlando is a much better fit for a more running oriented team or one with a running QB.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 343
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337 > Last »
Up