View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 293 of 343
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:38 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
Maybe if we can draft or sign a stud RT it could help retaining brown be more palatable. The problem is with both sides being so bad Mahomes has nowhere to go. I’m in favor of moving on from brown but man the options are thin.

I really don’t think they are that thin.

With the money they were willing to commit on Brown, the Chiefs could go sign Dillard AND one of Conklin/Jenkins.

With the level of play he has exhibited this year, they could just say “screw it” and go hunting a long-term option in the draft that can play at the same relative level.

At this point, I don’t see how it makes sense to spend up for Brown. If he had continued to play like a top 10 LT, sure. But he hasn’t.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:44 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s a real shame Niang can’t stay healthy because there’s a good chance he’s better than Orlando as a LT. Just can’t depend on him.
I'm pretty sure Geron Christian is a better player than Orlando for this offense too, but unfortunately for him (and us) he's not making 16 million dollars and his dad wasn't an NFL Pro Bowler.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:53 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Exercise I'm running on OTP using the calculator:

What does the Chiefs situation look like for 2023 and 2024 if it:

1. Extends Chris Jones (rough number: 4/106M)
2. Extends Juju Smith-Schuster (rough number: 5/95)
3. Signs Andre Dillard (rough number: 2/18)
4. Signs Elgton Jenkins (rough number: 4/60)

That would leave KC with around $33-35M in 2023 before signing the draft class and filling out the roster, and around 52-55M in 2024 before signing the draft class and filling out the roster.

Does this work for KC?

You're looking at fitting 13 more players under the cap in 2023 (so, say, $20M for 7-8 players after the draft and UDFA classes) and about 20 (say you've got 43M after the draft class in 2024), with Sneed and Willie Gay as the noticeable FA eligible guys in 2024. This also assumes you let Hardman and Thornhill and Brown all depart after 2022.

I think that is pretty reasonable. Especially considering that neither Mahomes nor Kelce has had their deals touched in this scenario.

You could PROBABLY even do a 3/45M type contract for a guy like Yannick Ngakuue in this scenario.

And it frees KC up to be flexible about LT and DE in the draft. Doesn't have to chase one spot, necessarily.

QB Mahomes/Buechele
RB Pacheco/CEH/inexpensive FA
WR Smith-Schuster/Valdes-Scantling/Toney/Moore/Ross/rookie
TE Kelce/Gray/Fortson

LT Dillard/Rookie
LG Thuney/inexpensive FA (I'd bring back Allegretti)
C Humphrey/inexpensive FA
RG Smith/inexpensive FA or rookie
RT Jenkins/Niang

DE Ngakoue/Karlaftis/Danna/rookie/inexpensive reclamation project vet
DT Jones/(bring back one of Saunders/Nnadi)/Wharton/rookie/inexpensive vet

LB Bolton, Gay, Chenal, Harris or rookie (maybe try to find a true WLB prospect here)

CB McDuffie/Sneed/Williams/Watson/inexpensive vet or rookie for ST x2
S Reid, Cook, rookie, inexpensive vet like Bush

I think that's pretty workable. With those 1st 3 picks I'm almost assuredly going DE, DT, OT, but there's less pressure on nailing all 3 to remain a real contender in 2023 and beyond.

I think this is the way it has to go.
Unless I missed it on here, when would you look to resigning Creed and Trey? Also what would you sign them for?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:54 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
When your tackles are making you yearn for the days of Mike Remmers, it means it's not going to take too much to upgrade from them. Hard to believe we've gotten to that point.

The fact that Mahomes is doing what he is with the garbage tackles we have is possibly even more amazing than the fact he's doing it without Tyreek. It's really just remarkable.
Remmers was pretty solid filing in for Schwartz. It was when they moved him to LT to replace the injured Fisher that it was a disaster.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:56 PM 12-20-2022
I really don’t think they are that thin.

With the money they were willing to commit on Brown, the Chiefs could go sign Dillard AND one of Conklin/Jenkins.

With the level of play he has exhibited this year, they could just say “screw it” and go hunting a long-term option in the draft that can play at the same relative level.

At this point, I don’t see how it makes sense to spend up for Brown. If he had continued to play like a top 10 LT, sure. But he hasn’t.
I agree an average left tackle making the average LT salary is an upgrade on both fronts moving on from brown’s salary and terrible play.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:14 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Unless I missed it on here, when would you look to resigning Creed and Trey? Also what would you sign them for?

Probably picking one of the two to extend before 2024 and looking to either move on at the other spot or cut Thuney to make $$ work.

Humphrey is the priority there.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:27 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Remmers was pretty solid filing in for Schwartz. It was when they moved him to LT to replace the injured Fisher that it was a disaster.
Oh yeah, I was fine with him at RT. The point is he was just a pretty average player, and yet here we are still wishing we had someone like him. That goes to show how bad it's gotten. We're not even yearning for Schwartz, we'd all settle for a Remmers type performance.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:11 PM 12-21-2022
Orlando was just voted to another Pro Bowl.

Congrats buddy.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:21 PM 12-21-2022
Well that should definitely convince him to move to RT and sign for less.
[Reply]
Icon 07:31 PM 12-21-2022
How the hell does OBJr make pro bowls ranking near the bottom in pressures allowed?

If we don't sign him some team will overpay and we could get a 3rd comp pick.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:41 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Orlando was just voted to another Pro Bowl.

Congrats buddy.
Maybe that means we can tag and trade him to a stupid team.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:01 PM 12-21-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Maybe that means we can tag and trade him to a stupid team.
What scares me more is KC signing him to a huge deal more in line with what he wants vs what he deserves.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 PM 12-21-2022
Orlando is lucking out.

With Hendrickson and Von getting hurt, and the Titans set to blow their playoff spot, the best pass rusher he might see in the playoffs is going to be...Justin Houston? Khalil Mack? Bradley Chubb?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:19 PM 12-21-2022
This guy sucked so bad, he should be released.

He’s not getting paid.

We will spend all our draft capital to move up and take a LT despite an obvious need to upgrade the defense.

Now, he gets a Pro Bowl nod.

It seems to me that this board doesn’t know how to evaluate LT’s.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 PM 12-21-2022
Probably picking one of the two to extend before 2024 and looking to either move on at the other spot or cut Thuney to make $$ work.

Humphrey is the priority there.
We need to resign Creed and Trey. OL salaries, besides LT’s, are the best bang for your buck money in this new cap era we are entering.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 343
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Up